Rid of belly fat!

Options
12346»

Replies

• kordell70
    kordell70 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes I know. I am told over and over no one insults anyone on these boards, it is merely sarcasm. And yet sarcasm by definition is meant to insult one or to taunt. When I can get over how sarcasm is not meant to insult when by its definition it is meant to insult I will be a better man. And yes I know sarcasm can be used as humor and not meant to convey the full meaning of the word. However, when the sarcastic humor is purposefully meant to convey contempt toward a person or idea for whom one does not know then by definition it is an insult.

Sarcasm: mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to add, other than my belly is the last to go as well! Just keep doing what works for you to lose weight and you will lose belly fat!

Unfortunately, I have to agree.... I am seeing real progress in arm shape, legs etc doing weight training but still have a lot of belly fat and a lot of weight loss to go...Wheat makes me bloat but it is depressing when the belly fat is hard to shift. That said, I got into a pair of trousers today that have not fitted me for 2 years so something is going right.

Good luck and keep at it. I can't wait to lose another 20 pounds and discover "what lies beneath" :-)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Yes I know. I am told over and over no one insults anyone on these boards, it is merely sarcasm. And yet sarcasm by definition is meant to insult one or to taunt. When I can get over how sarcasm is not meant to insult when by its definition it is meant to insult I will be a better man. And yes I know sarcasm can be used as humor and not meant to convey the full meaning of the word. However, when the sarcastic humor is purposefully meant to convey contempt toward a person or idea for whom one does not know then by definition it is an insult.

Sarcasm: mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult

Okie doke...

I'm not going to get bent out of shape about sarcasm/perceived sarcasm on an internet message board, even though the internet is serious business.

If there is too much contempt, baiting, or an of the other above here, please avoid the following forums.

Sports
    Politics
    Gaming
    Parenting
    Etc.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Kordell, your approach is noble. You're new here. You'll see the same bad information come up a hundred times per day. It isn't that we insult the folks that choose to perpetuate myths, it's the myths and bad information itself.

No one bashes the person. The information, however, deserves as much bashing as it can get. We all have access to google and know what sarcasm is.
  • ♡MyCurves
    ♡MyCurves Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So true...with the 1st poster...I see weight loss in my belly first. ..so everyone is different.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Since other answers were taken, I'll give the obvious "fast track" answer. Just get lipo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • geminijo04
    Options
    I don't have much to add, other than my belly is the last to go as well! Just keep doing what works for you to lose weight and you will lose belly fat!

Unfortunately, I have to agree.... I am seeing real progress in arm shape, legs etc doing weight training but still have a lot of belly fat and a lot of weight loss to go...Wheat makes me bloat but it is depressing when the belly fat is hard to shift. That said, I got into a pair of trousers today that have not fitted me for 2 years so something is going right.

Good luck and keep at it. I can't wait to lose another 20 pounds and discover "what lies beneath" :-)

Great!! Thank you!!!
  • geminijo04
    Options
    Since other answers were taken, I'll give the obvious "fast track" answer. Just get lipo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

HAHA thought about lipo......
  • choff99
    choff99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When you say no sugar, do you count sugar from fruits?