Need help with bagels..

Options

Replies

• krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Butter, jam, eggs, cheese... yumm makes me want a bagel now...

And good for you for getting help and seriously working on your ED. Takes lots of strength and courage!
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your recovery. I wish you well.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese plus strawberries (MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM)
    Toasted with butter and honey
    Get a crazy flavored bagel and just butter or cream cheese.

Good luck with your journey!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Since you can't do high-fat stuff and can't do cream cheese, what about smoked salmon on a savory bagel or mashed banana and honey on a sweet bagel?

I would like to second BrainyBurro's words. Keep up the great work! Your health is worth it!! :happy:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I use jelly/jam or butter with cinnamon and sugar. I have to toast mine first.
  • luceegj
    luceegj Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Butter! :P

Good luck! Its great on the other side!!! :D Stay strong!!!!
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    image_zps3440ba3a.jpg
    This man is here to help!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    OP, congrats on having the strength to overcome your ED. You've got this!!

As for bagels, I usually eat the Thomas cinnamon mini bagels. either plain or toasted with some butter. I actually prefer them plain.

Most other bagels I use a flavored cream cheese or strawberry jam OR put turkey and cheese on.

Good luck!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm really ignorant about EDs and recovery so I hope it's not stupid to suggest this. But could you ask if the low or non-fat cream cheese could be an exception for your bagel? It's actually higher in protein so you could look at it like high protein cream cheese?:laugh: If taking detours is a big no-no, then maybe cottage cheese, a little butter, scrambled egg, or egg whites. Good luck. You should be really proud of yourself for doing this!:flowerforyou:
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Honey! Cheese! Bacon, lettuce and tomatoe with mayo.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congrats on moving past your ED! i applaud your efforts :)

try avocado...or guacamole....just a little bit. it's a healthy fat and in moderation provides many benefits.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your recovery!!! I love just a little butter. Or pesto. If Jelly or Jam is too sugary for you, I like to put strawberries or blueberries in the blender and spread on bagels or toast.
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Everyone has already suggested everything I would have suggested (I usually eat them with either margarine, cream cheese, or peanut butter - sorry I'm no help there!) but I just want to echo everyone's sentiments that I am so happy for you that you are on the road to recovery, and I wish you good luck and good health! <3
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you for taking your life back from your ED! :flowerforyou:

I put a lot of random food on bagels. I have made sandwiches with cream cheese, sliced hard boiled egg and spinach. You could probably substitute hummus or something else for the cream cheese. When you are ready for peanut butter...an everything bagel with peanut butter and sliced strawberries is heaven!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Jelly is yummy :)
  • lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    already lots of great suggestions and I’m now craving a bagel! :)

I would go with guacamole and turkey to make a little sandwich, Honey, and Goat cheese sounds amazing!

they have whipped PB now and they are super yummy and not terrible for you!

Good luck and congrats for stepping out of your comfort zone and getting healthy! You can do it :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If melted cheddar works with your dietary restrictions, I would go with that. You could also do bacon and tomato,

Good for you, honey. Keep up the great work.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Is the dietary restriction dairy, or just no cream cheese? Sometimes I put cottage cheese and some cinammon on a toasted bagel. I didn't see anyone mention that. Maybe I'm weird. :) Also, you could cut up a banana, put that on first, and then top with cottage cheese. Good luck, and congratulations!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I second the comments about protein. I rarely eat bagels other than to use them for sandwiches so I'd suggest turkey or chicken with a little bit of the condiment of your choice for some flavor. Maybe make it a BLT. That would be yummy too.

Hummus is for sure a good choice as is the avacado.

Best of luck!