Need help with bagels..

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    This man is here to help!

Useless post is useless.

I got to go with sausage/bacon/ham/steak, egg, and cheese myself if I weren't going to do cream cheese. Breakfast sammiches are the bomb
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    A bagel is one of those things that tastes good with nearly anything on it. Pizza fixings, PB&J, deli meat and cheese, grilled chicken or chopped beef, etc.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Blueberry bagel topped with a cream cheese/ gorgonzola/ honey mixture and sliced pear

f103e7835cfa66268f9dbf44a513de4a.jpg
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would say make it like a pizza with sauce, cheese and whatever pizza toppings you like (spinach chicken and feta (no mozza) for me. Then broil it or put it in the toaster oven.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I would say make it like a pizza with sauce, cheese and whatever pizza toppings you like (spinach chicken and feta (no mozza) for me. Then broil it or put it in the toaster oven.

I've done that with English Muffins...Sooooooo gooodddddd!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Loving all these ideas.

Congrats to you, OP! I wish you nothing but the best on your road to recovery! :flowerforyou:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Loving all these ideas.

Congrats to you, OP! I wish you nothing but the best on your road to recovery! :flowerforyou:

QFT! OP i don't have any good ideas that haven't already been said by someone else.

however I wish you nothing but the best and success.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    In for recipes.

thank you for posting...you are very brave:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your contract entails, but scrambled eggs and cheese would be perfect. It would help give you extra protein and some lipids.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    This man is here to help!

Seriously?? Are you always "on" err?.. :yawn:

OP I have no suggestions, I don't eat bagels (sorry). I just came in to congratulate you and wish you the very best.

I hope you can inspire others :smooched:
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    good luck on your recovery!

I am a HUGE fan of deli sandwiches on a bagel. one of my favorites is turkey with an herb garlic cream cheese, or roast beef with bacon scallion cream cheese.

Okay I lied about not eating bagels... I do eat them as sandwiches sometimes. And now I want one.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat high fat and I realize that you aren't there yet but I just wanted to wish you good luck on your recovery. We are all pulling for you.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My son loves ham and cheese bagels, with the cheese all melty :)
  • sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon and tomato! Yum!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I can't add anything that hasn't already been said...

...so I'm just posting to give you an internet high five for taking what seems to be reasonable approach to addressing your issue, and with a great attitude. Wishing you nothing but the best. :flowerforyou:
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    Babaganush (similar to hummus, but with steamed eggplant in stead of garbanzo beans).
    Refried beans with a bit of sour cream and cheese.
    Avocado slices with or without cottage cheese.

Keep up the fight, young lady! You deserve to live to the fullest and it's great that you are reaching out with such a difficult condition. Please don't give up!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    OP, there are many many suggestions in here, so I have nothing to add other than to say, good luck with your recovery! :drinker:
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Eggs and a slice of cheese:) I love me some bagels! Good luck on your journey, you should be proud of yourself!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    OP, these have been suggested but my two favorite ways to eat a bagel are toasted with butter OR topped with a slice of mozzerella or provolone cheese and nuked about :30 to melt.

SOOOO GOOD.

Another good post from you, seems like you are doing well with recovery. Once again best of luck!