Need help with bagels..

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Ooohooh... if you can't have real peanut butter yet, but like it...

(and this is one of the few places that this stuff works)

you could blend a banana with some PB2... or chocolate PB2 if you're so inclined.

Then smear that happiness all over.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member

you could blend a banana with some PB2... or chocolate PB2 if you're so inclined.

I second this as an excellent idea!
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Lox, tomato, onions, capers...and cream cheese the very first day you can handle it.

Congratulations for standing up for your life.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Jelly! Yum!

It's really good with both butter and jelly, but that might be too much fat? Maybe just a little butter?

I'm Jewish, so cream cheese is always going to be my first choice, though. :-) A good one from a deli.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Would PB2 be considered a diet food, though?
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Good luck with kicking those ideas out of your head! You got it this.

Nothing else to add really since I pretty much stick to light strawberry cream cheese or natural PB.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    I won't be much help because I always go with regular cream cheese, or butter.

I just wanted to wish you well. :flowerforyou:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    I like to toast them and add a bit of butter (or spread), some thinly sliced cheese and a poached egg. It gets kinda runny and gooey which can be really off-putting for some people, but I really like the blend of flavors. Sometimes I'll have it with a thin ham slice too.

Kudos for your continued recovery. We're rooting for you!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member

dunno... don't think it's marketed as such. She could always check with her food contract.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    toast them and add butter. Yum, yum, yum!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    High five to you OP!!! Proud of you for making the changes you are making!!!

I don't think PB2 would be considered a diet product...it's just a different form of peanut butter that you mix yourself.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member

I think it's probably a move in the wrong direction. As would probably be the reduced-fat cream cheese.

I wonder what about something like Greek yogurt mixed up with honey, fruit, or chopped nuts? If dairy isn't the issue, that is.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    If you have a Trader Joe's anywhere near you - They make this stuff called CookieButter... it's freakin awesome. I toast the bagel then put a little bit of 'I can't believe it's not butter', but I'm sure real butter is just fine... then lather it w/ cookie butter... It's similar to peanut butter, but I don't believe it's got peanuts in it. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    pumpkinbutter.jpg

Pumpkin Butter Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size: 1 Tbs (19 gm): Calories 35, Total Fat 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g, Sugars 9g, Protein 0g.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    avocado slices and cherry tomatoes
    hummus
    whipped peanut butter (you hardly have to use any at all!)
    roasted tomatoes
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    High five to you OP!!! Proud of you for making the changes you are making!!!

I don't think PB2 would be considered a diet product...it's just a different form of peanut butter that you mix yourself.
    I think that it's probably like navigating a minefield, or walking a slippery slope. Too easy to fall back into old patterns. But I think that's a matter for her therapist and her to decide.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Just here to give you a high-five!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    OP, your post if full of awesomeness! We're all here rooting for you! :flowerforyou:

Toppings: I think we've covere all the usual suspects....butter, jam/jelly, honey I used to put a fried egg and slice of cheese on mine. Yum! Fruit or cheese of any kind. Even just make a sandwich out of it with some lunchmeat and cheese. Toast it and have with some soup.

Big hugs to you, honey! I'm so glad to see you fighting this!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Some honey with Strawberries, some homemade jam, are you allowed soy or almond butter?
  • spatulathumbs
    spatulathumbs Posts: 125 Member
    What about mashed avocado on a non-sweet bagel? I used to love that on sesame bagels.

Good luck with your recovery, OP. :)