Options
    Cute dresses.

tumblr_msaehqXwLB1s6j75wo1_500.jpg
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    1184847_568193743241350_1433969383_n.jpg

This. A million per cent.

Don't know if I'll get into this particular dress but I WILL get back into rubber again.
  • zsgirl1218
    zsgirl1218 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The pretty cream colored eyelet sundress I saw that would go PERFECTLY with my cowgirl boots and some jewelry to go wit!!!!
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've kinda reached mine...dresses that do not have to have a cardigan over them for me to feel like I look cute.

So I guess the next goal for me is smaller sized dresses. Maybe a 14 in the future (in between 16 and 18 currently)!

ETA: I'd like to own a LADIES babydoll t-shirt one day. I never could wear one during the 90's when they were in style. I faked it with smaller-than-usual men's ringer tees but sometime down the line I intend to wear one, just because.

We're kindred spirits!
    I'm not finished losing weight, but even so, I like my body now more than I ever have in my entire life (I'm 37).
    Now I'm happier with my body I am wearing things I've wanted to wear since I was a teenager so there are a few 90's things in there - a form-fittings ladies t-shirt being one. I have one (a work freebie), and it looks OK, I wear it running, but I am looking forward getting a nice one (a ringer deffo) and it looking great.
    One clothes dream that I've realized is a vintage velvet blazer. I had one when I was 14 and it didn't look good so I gave it to a friend. I bought one two weeks ago and (I can't believe I am typing this!) I look amazing in it - my shoulders and back look lovely in it, in a way they never, ever have before - even as a not-fat 14 year old.

One thing that is a bit strange about all of this - I haven't given a crap about clothes in years, just had a load of the few things I didn't look terrible in, and I sort of thought people who liked clothes were a bit shallow.
    But I found myself with some time to kill in town the other day, and I was walking around a Superdry shop going "Ooh, that's lovely, I like that, I must try that on next time I've here". So do I like clothes now? Or did I always, but I've fought it (because you can't really like clothes and be fat)? It's a strange feeling.

Edit - I remembered another - a corduroy dungaree dress. I bought a cheapo one on Amazon.co.uk, and it came and but it was a bit rubbish - (you get what you pay for), and my partner said it looked "cosplay-ish". HOWEVER - it fit me perfectly- a UK size 14 - so that felt great (I used to be a size 18 or 20 UK).
    So I still need a nice dungaree dress! I might get a friend to make me one.

We do sound like kindred spirits! :-) I'll be 37 on November 3rd hehe, so same age as well!

I actually feel like I was MORE into clothes and fashion though, when I was heavier! It's like I thought by being perfectly matched, accessorized, and turned out every day people would not notice the extra lb (even when I was actually 80 lb bigger)! I spent a fortune on beautiful clothing when I was 3X, 22 pant. As I've lost weight over the past few years I find myself gravitating more toward inexpensive finds in secondhand stores. I wear a lot more comfortable things and active wear. Fewer accessories, too. I do not want to lose my sense of style! I am carrying an athletic-type handbag today that is designed for hikers. What have I become?? lol Just kidding. I do dress up often, I still wear a lot of skirts and dresses.

Due to a bunch of factors including weight loss, my closet is drastically different than ever before. I have about 20 tops, 8 dresses, 5 pairs of jeans and 3 pairs of pant = outfits I actually wear over and over. 5 years ago at my heaviest, I probably owned 1,000 articles of clothing (not kidding).

I did find a lovely blue dress to marry in next month. Size 18 and a bit big on me, but I feel great in it!

Very interesting - thanks for posting.
    And congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I just got me a black leather pants for this autumn/winter and it s soooo comfy awesome.

Goal wardrobe item: more tight burgundy leather pants, black ankle boots and a nice black blouse, yeah!!!!

<
    squat she must
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    a nice little classy black dress *_*
  • alichristiana
    alichristiana Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Skinny bondage jeans or spirals glitter stripe jeans, knee high boots and a coat that can flatteringly do up to the neck.
    I have a couple of tops in my wardrobe that I hope to get into by february, a striped t-shirt, a lace shirt with cutouts around the neck and a pretty corset style shirt.
    The dream is a punk rave coat, so pretty!
  • alc212
    alc212 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple - skinny jeans!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    a bikini.. :( never wore in my life!!!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm getting there butthis is a goal:

LyndaCarterWonderWoman-thumb-330x417-60601.jpg

I'm well on my way and it's a marathon not a sprint.
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    dresses. I would love to wear a dress and not feel like I'm wearing something that just hangs off my belly! I'd like to show some curve like dresses are suppose to do.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm also intending to buy a BCBG power (bandage) dress when I stop losing weight, but I already rock one of those... I just can't afford it.

(I definitely can't afford a real Herve Leger so the diffusion range will have to do.)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Bandage dress!!
  • erinsl27
    Options
    Has anyone ever instagramed "nikeprospandex" ? Yeah, if I can wear a pair of nike pro compression shorts and not look absolutely ridiculous, I've met my fitness goals.

I don't think I've seriously shopped for clothes in years, I don't get any type of joy out of it. Mainly because I'm not where I want to be weight-wise. But, once I get there, I will be going on a shopping spree to all the clothing designers i wanted to try, but couldn't fit before. J brand jeans, Helmut Lang, Alexander Wang, Joe's Jeans, etc...
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    90% of the lovely clothes i already have in my wardrobe but haven't been able to squeeze into lately!!
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Bandage dress!!
    bondage you mean?
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    37982,teemo201JYU.jpg

:love:
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Everything

^ yep

if I had to pick just one thing...lingerie

If only *one* then it would have to be lingerie with garters. Can't wait till goal weight, cuz I know exactly what I'm buying first. :love:
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    mankini
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtsauaXBk11sj3oxho1_500.jpg

I'll be dead before I can get into it. :laugh:

Never say never. never never never say never.