What are the top 5 things you recomend to do to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    1. Plan
    2. Commit
    3. Assess
    4. Adjust
    5. Commit
  • sweetpea101077
    sweetpea101077 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PaintedD0ll
    Options
    1) expect water weight gain/loss
    2) dont outlaw foods
    3)always drink enough water
    4)never have thirds.
    5)log everything
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    1. Work out your average weekly TDEE and eat 500 calories less than that every day. It's much better to have a moderate deficit and lose FAT slowly.

2. Weigh your food and log everything that you eat, whether you go over your allotted calories or not, just log it - be honest with yourself.

3. Eat PROTEIN!! 2g per kilo of body weight. Low fat diets are not the enemy either.

4. Start weight training, 3 times a week if you can. And add walking or additional movement into your day.

5. Take a diet break. This might be one meal a week, or 3 days every 8 weeks. But give yourself a break every now and again.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    1. Never refer to your weight loss as a journey

Yes! I love this. That word is so overused.
  • seniorbug2003
    seniorbug2003 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    love this thread.
    bump
  • meltrigg
    Options
    1. It's all about the food...eat more natural, unprocessed foods, making sure you are meeting daily requirements to have a healthy body. Plan your eating at the start of the week...buy what you need so you are prepared. Do some research on super foods and how good they are for you. Cut out sugary, high GI foods.
    2. Drink plenty of water. Skip the soda and coffee
    3. Cardio and weight training...speaks for itself. Get a program done for you if you are not sure of what to do.
    4. Keep a true record of everything you eat and all exercise.
    5. Find a friend to do all this with...it makes it all more fun and they can give you support when you need it.
  • flurries70
    flurries70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm not sure I have much input now but I am stuck in a rutt and don't have any support at this time. I need to know why I am no0 loosing, hardly eating, not cheating on my diet and not loosing. taking way tool long to loose. what do I need to do. help ..no one replies to me.need support here
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    4. Don't worry if you are not losing weight as fast as everyone else on this board. What matters is your overall pattern.
    This is great advice. I'm forever comparing myself to folks on here of a similar age and SW...and it just makes me depressed. I seem to be losing at an incredibly slow rate (no loss at all for the past 4 weeks) but know what I'm doing is working in other really positive ways.

Needed to hear this today - thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • anndisme2
    anndisme2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1. Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you are full.
    2. Veggies and fruits! They have fewer calories, are healthy, fight disease, and help fill you up so you'll eat less of the heavy stuff!
    3. Food is meant to be enjoyed. Don't waste your calories on things you don't like. Find healthy foods you love, and treat yourself to rich foods or desserts occasionally (in moderation and savoring every bite)!
    4. Make exercise a part of your daily life. We're in this for a lifetime of fitness, health, and happiness. Similarly to no. 3 - don't frustrate yourself with workouts you hate. Find something you love to do, and get moving. Dance in your living room if you must. :-)
    5. Don't be so hard on yourself, but pick yourself up and keep going if you have a bad day...or week....or month. It's all about changing HABITS (eating, activity, and thought patterns), and that usually doesn't happen overnight. Patience and PERSISTENCE

(Find ways to make this process enjoyable. Love your life, your food, your activities and you'll stay with it...and keep the weight off!)

Good thread, BTW. I'm finding my way to get back in the groove after a month with no progress. Getting my momentum back!!!
  • Nar1965
    Options
    1. Log honestly and without judgement. It's good information when you go over your goal -- it will help you spot patterns and learn to eat what you like within goal. Make note of the foods that satisfy you without overloading your calories. (Added bonus is those foods will probably be healthier and less processed.)

2. Create an exercise habit you can stick with consistently. Block out that time every day. Pretend like your kids / boss / most important person DEPEND on you to exercise at that time for their well being and happiness. Don't let anything get in your way from doing it.

3. Get into habits with your eating, too. Have an easy go-to breakfast, lunch and dinner in case you find yourself stuck. It's good to have a go-to meal who's calorie content you know instead of defaulting to take out!

4. Because this is something you want to KEEP doing, don't deprive yourself. Plan your treats and work them into a rotation a few times a week. The trick for me is not to make them habitual, because those three or four treats I counted on every day sure added up. (Especially those darn starbucks drinks! Liquid pizza, those are...)

5. Don't drink anything besides water (okay, after your morning coffee and before your glass of wine with dinner!). And don't forget to log the cream in your coffee and that last half glass of wine your husband didn't finish. Get a waterbottle that makes you happy, and take big gulps throughout the day!
  • SummerSmiles07
    SummerSmiles07 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • WhiteMagick
    WhiteMagick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ryanferrer17
    Options
    1. make a weekly caloric budget

2. eat as low as possible when busy at work or at school

3. reduce carbs

4. workout hard

5. stay consistent
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    1. Maintain a caloric deficit
    2. Maintain a caloric deficit
    3. Maintain a caloric deficit
    4. Maintain a caloric deficit
    5. Maintain a caloric deficit

If you want to talk about health, fitness, lifestyle, fat loss, body recomposition etc then the factors change, but for weight loss this is it folks.
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hide your scale
    Drink Tons of WATER
    Be Patient
    Be Consistant
    Treat yourself once in a while

^That! I've found that hiding my scale (only taking it out on weigh-in days) keeps me from obsessing on "the numbers", and I appreciate the true rewards-- greater energy levels and, a feeling of well-being, a more toned body, clearer skin, better fitting clothes (and so on) --- a whole lot more!
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I love these!!
    1. Set small goals. So small they seem silly. For example, instead of all sweet tea, mix it half sweet and half nonsweet. Build on them over time and appreciate the changes.....it helps to make them permanent.
    2. Don't focus on the scale. I became so obsessive with the numbers that I started to drive myself crazy! Let it go and pay more attention to how you feel.
    3. Find exercises you enjoy. I'm pushed so often to do CrossFit because everyone is doing it and it's "guaranteed to get me in shape". Nothing is guaranteed to get you there if you can't find the joy in it.
    4. Only be better than yourself. For me, I'm a very slow runner when compared to other people. If I focus on that, I'll never get better. Measure yourself on how far you've come. Push yourself a little more....a little harder....do one more rep.....run 10 seconds faster.....run 1/2 mile more. It's in you.....nobody else.
    5. Finally, when you want to give up (and you WILL want to give up), look back to where you started. See your progress, your accomplishments, and praise yourself. Remember why you started in the first place and let that remotivate you.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    1. Research your nearby shop and find healthy food and other alternatives. Shop with a list not by instinct!
    2. Cook for yourself! Search for new recipes.
    2. Better life is a neverending story. You will be on this journey till the end of your life. (no need for whinning, though:)
    3. Your body is capable of amazing adaptation to a new lifestyle. Change things often. Try what works best for you.
    4. Buy several water bottles - one for your bedstand, one for working place, one for kitchen, one to go. Don't go anywhere without a water.
    5. Pay no attention to others and their opinions. It's about you!
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1.) Sign up MFP. All the tools, knowledge and friends are here to help you.