What are the top 5 things you recomend to do to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    my top 5....

1) Learn to listen to YOUR body.... what works for someone else may not (probably not!) work for you
    2) Train your brain....
    3) Steer clear from 'diets'
    4) Any exercise is better than no exercise
    5) Practice mindfulness and gratitude daily

<3
  • hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ditto aka bump
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    1. Log everything
    2. Walk, walk, walk
    3. Strength train - even if you can't even manage 1 push-up at first
    4. EAT LOTS OF PROTEIN
    5. Document your progress by taking pictures and recording measurements

Well said!!!
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    bump to read later.

I have no advice. Haven`t lost a pound yet.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.

I have no advice. Haven`t lost a pound yet.

Good advice! I read that as "starting is the hardest part!"
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    1: It's a lifestyle change
    2: It won't happen overnight
    3: A lot of healthy foods = bigger portion sizes and less calories than junk food
    4: If you can fit junk food into your calories don't deprive yourself of it.
    5: Mistakes happen, you are only human get back up and carry on.
  • louisemh28
    Options
    1. Eat less.
    2. Move more.
    3. Be honest with yourself.
    4. Don't estimate food portions: if you're not sure, weigh it.
    5. Don't take anything to extremes.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    1.Limit treats containing sugar to three times per week. This includes chocolate, ice cream, desserts, cake, pastries, cookies, etc.

2.Include a lower fat source of protein at most meals: chicken, fish, beans, cottage cheese, or low fat yogurt. Have eggs, nuts and red meat occasionally but not every day.

3. Use whole grains wherever possible. The fiber will give you a fuller feeling and also help your digestion.

4.Plan your meals and snacks ahead of time. Plan your shopping too – make a list of what you need and stick to it. If you just grab something when you are feeling hungry, you will probably choose high calorie food.

5.Eat slowly. The body is slow to register when you are full and it is easy to eat too much if you are racing through your meals.
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    1. If you mess up and overeat, do not beat yourself up. DO get right back on track the next meal/ next day.
    2. Throw away your fat clothes. If you have them you have a back up plan that you do not want.
    3. Get your exercise even, especially, when you don't feel like it. You will never regret having exercised, but you will regret not having done it.
    4. Don't worry if you are not losing weight as fast as everyone else on this board. What matters is your overall pattern.
    5. Do not make excuses (when I am traveling it's too hard, it's a birthday/ anniversary/ special celebration). These add up very fast and can break your weight loss behavioral pattern.

This is exactly it for me.
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    bump
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1. Honestly record everything you eat or drink.
    2. Don't drink your calories
    3. Move more, move more, move more, move more- get a dog to walk if you need a reason to move more, just move more
    4. Pre plan meals and snacks as much as humanly possible. Go to restaurant websites and decide what you are going to order before you go out.
    5. Explain to the people in your life why you need them to be supportive and what they can do to help you- repeat this exercise often.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    1. Never refer to your weight loss as a "journey".

2. Measure and account for everything that you put in your mouth.

3. Adopt a strength training routine that incorporates progressive overload training with heavy lifting to preserve muscle during weight loss.

4. Don't adopt a nutrition plan that has you eliminating foods because you've been told they're not good for you. Do your research about nutrition and understand that what really matters is the macronutrient breakdown of your total daily intake as well as your fiber, and micronutrient intake.

5. Eat the foods you love, without going over your calorie goal, make sure you reach your protein, fat, and fiber minimums every day

Why can't you call it a "journey"? I'm just curious.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    1. make love in the morning
    2. make love after lunch
    3. make love before bed
    4. poop a lot
    5. take frequent naps
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This is great. Thanks all!

BUMP
  • shannashannabobana
    Options
    1. don't drink your calories

2. don't eat in a way that you are not prepared to do for your whole life

3. occasional short fasts are helpful for hunger reset and for you to better understand when you are actually hungry, not just craving something or bored.

4. you can't out exercise a bad diet, but exercise can change the way you look at food, the kinds of foods you eat, etc..

5. eat nutrient dense foods as much as you can, including more protein, but don't beat yourself up or self sabotage over the occasional indulgence.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump..nice advice everyone
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    1. Log everything, even "cheats" or screw ups.
    2. Drink lots of water.
    3. Plan ahead for difficult times (road trips, vacation, eating out).
    4. Limit "special occasions". Your birthday? Yes, have cake. Your child's friend's birthday? No.
    5. Add exercise.
  • Tammyinbali
    Tammyinbali Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    *bump*
    I'll post later when I've got time :)
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump