What are your thoughts on peanut butter??

Options

Replies

• ShamsZahar
    Options
    Lots of calories, but it keeps you full. Love it!
  • JasperXtreme
    JasperXtreme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I still don't know why nobody but me has mentioned PB2. It's 85% LESS calories & still peanut butter with NOTHING added. No salt, no preservatives & no extra fat.

Wow. I can eat heaps of PB2 & not worry compared to one serve on regular stuff.

I recently learned about PB2 and it's fantastic. Still has great PB taste with a lot fewer calories. So versatile too, aside from adding water to it to make "regular PB", I also use it in it's powder form in my dessert smoothies.

Can't recommend it enough.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yay, but not by itself (except when I was a kid). Now, I only like my peanut butter in candy (and, I haven't had that since my diet). But, I love the heck out of PBJ sandwiches. Mmmm. I only use the Jif Whips now. They have less fat than the reduced fat PB and I can't taste the difference bc I don't eat PB that often. But, when I do, I eat it for about a wk.
    It is YAY for me, especially those extra crunchy ones. ^__^
    Ugh. I hate the crunchy PB. I always think about it hurting my gums. Brings up childhood memories whenever I see it in the store. LOL
    I still don't know why nobody but me has mentioned PB2. It's 85% LESS calories & still peanut butter with NOTHING added. No salt, no preservatives & no extra fat.

Wow. I can eat heaps of PB2 & not worry compared to one serve on regular stuff.

I recently learned about PB2 and it's fantastic. Still has great PB taste with a lot fewer calories. So versatile too, aside from adding water to it to make "regular PB", I also use it in it's powder form in my dessert smoothies.

Can't recommend it enough.

Someone on my TL mentioned powdered PB once, but I never got the name. Thanks for mentioning it. I will try it today.
  • kanuckkim74
    Options
    My thoughts on peanut butter...I could not live without it, extra creamy PB is my fav and I would literally give up my wine in favour of my PB. Now that's saying something as I LOVE my wine lol :-)
    Seriously though, it is a great healthy protein.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love PB.

There are some people out there, I hear, who don't like it.

:huh:
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Peanut Butter, especially the extra chunky!!! When I eat it with apple slices it's the right kind of protein and carbs that fill me up for a few hours. I count it in my calories everyday!!!! Let's hope theres a peanut butter factory in heaven.:smile:
  • bdwill83
    bdwill83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another vote for PB2 here! Less fat and reconstitutes with a little water for sandwiches!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is one of life's greatest pleasures.
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Haven't read others' responses yet but peanut butter is AWESOME! IIFYM then I say eat it at any point of the day you feel like! I already have some planned for my mid-morning snack. Yummy! :love:
  • ehorn625
    Options
    peanut butter is the greatest food ever invented! :drinker:
  • NeverTooLateJudy
    Options
    PB2 convert here as well. LOVE pb on flatbread rolled around a banana every morning, but because of onset fatty liver disease I've had to cut waaaaaaay down on foods like peanut butter. Also, it seems to be a trigger food for me... if there's a jar of pb in the house I'll spoon eat it. But with PB2 I make just what I want, and it seems to satisfy me.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ewww. Lol. Maybe I'm in the minority but can't stand the stuff. Yuck.

If u love it dig in.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

I thought that it was a forum, but it's a group.. :laugh:
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter is the food of the Gods!!!!!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    PB2 is your friend.

For me, it's not the calories that get me...it's the carbs. It's but the piddly amount I can have per meal/snack in combination with my lack of control that makes it an issue for me :grumble:

I can maintain weight perfectly with an unrestricted amount of PB but I'm unable to lose & right now, my goal is to lose another 15 or so pounds & then maintain.

Pardon me for saying so...PB2 is sacrilege :laugh:
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Well, I have 6 jars in the house right now. One with the oil separated, a honey roasted local possibly organic one (just to see how it tastes, oh it's good), a smores flavor from the same place that my kid had to have, a couple peter pan and planters jars. Some in the fridge, some in the cupboards. It's a bit out of control here. But not ruin-my-daily-log out of control...
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    In my opinion...a gift straight from heaven. A huge help when I'm trying to reach protein goals. It is so easy to overestimate though- I always try to measure portions out on my food scale, because otherwise I'll dive in and start licking it straight off the knife. Mmm. I did stop keeping crackers around the house though, because I can gorge myself on peanut butter and crackers so, so easily. Now I dip pretzels into it. And I use crunchy PB to make peanut butter and oatmeal protein balls for fast morning breakfasts. DELICIOUS!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on peanut butter are erotic ones. That's perfectly normal, right? RIGHT?
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on peanut butter are erotic ones. That's perfectly normal, right? RIGHT?

LMAO :love: :laugh: Of course!! :blushing: