What are your thoughts on peanut butter??

Options

Replies

• BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jason Bateman!!!!!

Do you not like PB2 ? thoughts, I am curious.

on a thread about real peanut butter, it's just fundamentally wrong to suggest a peanut butter substitute.

it would be like having somebody come on to a thread about delicious bacon double cheeseburgers and try to convince everyone that a tofu burger with turkey "bacon" was equivalent.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I avoid it. it is a like fat on a spoon.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    It's angel tears jarred and sent to earth for humans to consume.

Next question...?

Exactly.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    OK, I can accept that, and I agree, she did not ask for an alternative. I am sorry about that.

I took the post to mean: what are your thoughts on the calories in PB and as it affects weight loss, in that - I suggested the PB2 (which is natural PB, all natural with no artificial flavors or sweeteners, and no preservatives. so is that really a substitiute anyway ?)

But as far as regular PB goes, still love it too, and fit it in where I can!
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    And I'd also like to add-

Suggesting a tofu burger in place of a real burger, is 100% different than suggesting PB2 powder PB in place of regular PB.

** For people on here that said regular PB was too caloric and could derail their success with the high calories, I still believe PB2 is a great suggestion and worth a try.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff and would only give it up if I became allergic to it!!
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of it in my desk with a couple sleeves of rice cakes for easy lunch every day. Yes, every day. Some of it is pure love of peanut butter, but the majority is that I hate making lunches.
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I miss it, I have it once in a while at work, other than that we don't keep it in the house. My daughter is allergic to all nuts and I feel guilty having something she can't in front of her.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Whats not to love? its up there with bacon as being one of lifes gifts
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Best. thing. ever.

I love peanut butter and eat it pretty much every day. I love Vermont Peanut Butter Company products so much that I often contemplate stockpiling and hoarding it. My preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    crackers and celery and apples oh my. Peanut butter is great on wheat or white or rye!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Love it in my protein shakes
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I avoid it, not because of its taste (it's yum!) but because of the high calories.

Same here unfortunately because if I have peanut butter, I need jelly, 2 slices of bread and some milk. And then possibly another sandwich. I like it a little too much haha.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love it, but only have it moderation, cause of calories...
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    It should be the national food!

I thought for Americans it is; for the rest of the world not so much. For me personally; it is not worth it in real as well as caloric cost. The smallest jar of Jiffy ( which for me is not even real PB) costs the equivalent of US$ 7.-, and for what the calories are for a Tbsp, I can eat a salad, which I prefer.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    get. In. MAH BELLEH!!

Seriously. I eat Peanut Butter every morning, 2 tbsp in my oatmeal. I joke with my family that I would go through withdrawal like symptoms if I ddin't have it every day, we laugh, but I think it might secretly be true.

Oh, how I love the creamy, gooey, stick-to-the-roof-of-my-mouth goodness that is in every spoonful.

I like it in oats, on toast or solo. As a dip for carrots, celery, apples and bananas. On flat bread, crackers, rice cakes and my finger....

Excuse me while I wipe off the drool.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's time.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are it is delicious. That's where the thought ends.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Funny this is a topic. I just had to throw away my Skippy "all natural" (which we know it's not) peanut butter because I can't eat just two tablespoons. It's my weakness! Spoon to mouth. Spoon to mouth. Spoon to mouth. Back to eating the stuff without sugar! hehe
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is awesome!!! Eat it! Make sure you log it also!:bigsmile: