Best pasta substitute ever!

Options
So I finally got around to trying making "pasta" from broccoli slaw. I figured it would taste mediocre but I would be able to eat it. I am happy to tell you that it is absolutely amazing!! I put MIDS spaghetti meat sauce on it and it is absolutely delicious, and less than 200 calories for a whole bowl!

Try it sometime :)

Replies

• gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Did you cook the broccoli slaw like pasta in boiling water?
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    you gotta try spegetti squash... once you try that... you will never eat spegetti again!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    you gotta try spegetti squash... once you try that... you will never eat spegetti again!

Agreed- Mmmm!!
  • marilee75
    marilee75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you prepare your spaghetti squash?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So I finally got around to trying making "pasta" from broccoli slaw. I figured it would taste mediocre but I would be able to eat it. I am happy to tell you that it is absolutely amazing!! I put MIDS spaghetti meat sauce on it and it is absolutely delicious, and less than 200 calories for a whole bowl!

Try it sometime :)

False advertising
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I can not get the Spaghetti Squash down. The texture and the taste are just too...blech! It's too sweet! I wanted to like it so badly, too!

But I can second the Broccoli Slaw! It's SO good! The best pasta substitute I've found, by far.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not cauliflower!!!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Broccoli slaw? Where can I get this?
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options

True story.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    How do you prepare your spaghetti squash?

Cut it in half, scoop out the seeds,, place it face down on a shallow baking pan with a small amount of water, and bake it for about 40 minutes at 350. After it's cooked, I take a fork and scrape it out of the skin. Yummo!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with real pasta?
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Disagree. We make this occasionally. It's good, but it's not pasta. There is nothing wrong with eating actual pasta occasionally.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    thank you but i will pass, in favor of real pasta :)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mm100pEkE31qcuufwo1_500.gif

Lol, just kidding :laugh: If I could have pasta, *any* pasta, I'd be having it on the daily. Since it's not to be for me, I might try that, thanks :blushing:
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why people spend so much time creating weird stuff from cauliflower, broccoli, etc. For me, there is no substitute for potatoes, pasta and pizza crust. Glad you tried something and enjoyed it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Indeed. I find that I get a pretty decent amount of pasta for the calories.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Disagree. We make this occasionally. It's good, but it's not pasta. There is nothing wrong with eating actual pasta occasionally.

QFT!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

nothing, nothing at all :noway:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why people spend so much time creating weird stuff from cauliflower, broccoli, etc. For me, there is no substitute for potatoes, pasta and pizza crust. Glad you tried something and enjoyed it.

Because of fear mongering and the idea that cutting out foods in which you have no intolerance or allergy to is a good idea
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I want to try this. I freakin' love broccoli. I love pasta, too, but sometimes it's nice to have a change.