There is no substitute for pasta.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli slaw...but I love pasta too. I eat both. :drinker:
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I like to use raw zucchini shredded into "noodles" for my pasta substitute. I cannot have real pasta because I am sensitive to gluten. It is not the same, but it does the trick with less calories and carbs.
  • missiebk
    Options
    I just had a flashback to my brief stint on the South Beach Diet. I was on message board and people were talking about the chopping and blending cauliflower, adding some butter or milk or salt or pepper and how it tasted just like mashed potatoes. Fraud, fraud, fraud!

I'll stick to a small serving of whole wheat pasta and occasionally the useless white pasta when the need arises.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why people spend so much time creating weird stuff from cauliflower, broccoli, etc. For me, there is no substitute for potatoes, pasta and pizza crust. Glad you tried something and enjoyed it.

Because some folks simply do not tolerate it well & are looking for a substitute for some semblance of the life they once had.
    If I could tolerate it, I would, but more likely, I'll either take the cut permanently or just use shirataki, squash or try this broccoli slaw, as sacrilegious as it sounds.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    [insert mean comment here]

:flowerforyou:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with real pasta?

Indeed. I find that I get a pretty decent amount of pasta for the calories.

Not everyone is concerned with the caloric content
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I will never understand why people spend so much time creating weird stuff from cauliflower, broccoli, etc. For me, there is no substitute for potatoes, pasta and pizza crust. Glad you tried something and enjoyed it.

Because some folks simply do not tolerate it well & are looking for a substitute for some semblance of the life they once had.
    If I could tolerate it, I would, but more likely, I'll either take the cut permanently or just use shirataki, squash or try this broccoli slaw, as sacrilegious as it sounds.

This read as a low-calorie option to me. OP only mentioned the calorie content.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

Because of fear mongering and the idea that cutting out foods in which you have no intolerance or allergy to is a good idea

Or because for some people, pasta (or pizza) triggers binges. I don't know about the OP, but that's definitely the case for me. I used to eat big bowls of pasta for dinner every night. Then I got fat. So now I sometimes portion it out and have one serving, but other days, I'd rather use the calories elsewhere. Besides, broccoli slaw is healthy.

Another great option is zucchini "pasta" - just use a regular or julienne peeler to slice the zucchini.
  • Starbabyfatso7
    Options
    Real pasta has lots of carbs.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Did you cook the broccoli slaw like pasta in boiling water?

I usually sautee it or if I'm being extra lazy, I pop it in the microwave. You could, of course, eat it raw too. But it's a vegetable, not real "pasta."
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    you gotta try spegetti squash... once you try that... you will never eat spegetti again!

Totally agree!!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with the real deal.
  • wknmom
    wknmom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How do you cook the shredded zucchini? I have tons of it from the garden.

Because of fear mongering and the idea that cutting out foods in which you have no intolerance or allergy to is a good idea

Or because for some people, pasta (or pizza) triggers binges. I don't know about the OP, but that's definitely the case for me. I used to eat big bowls of pasta for dinner every night. Then I got fat. So now I sometimes portion it out and have one serving, but other days, I'd rather use the calories elsewhere. Besides, broccoli slaw is healthy.

Another great option is zucchini "pasta" - just use a regular or julienne peeler to slice the zucchini.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Some people have gluten allergies or some other reason they can't eat real pasta.....also the high carb count of real pasta!
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Disappointed.gif

There is no substitute for pasta.

Emma_Watson_THIS_Gif.gif

yes+sir+D+this+gif+was+golden+_483d2e3ead21878f296690ac04d468c4.jpg
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Julienne zucchini and stir fry it up! THIS is the best pasta substitute.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Some people have gluten allergies or some other reason they can't eat real pasta.....also the high carb count of real pasta!

What's wrong with carbs?

/eating pasta and white rice near daily
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

I believe that there are carbs in broccoli and squash too, right?

about thirty percent of my daily intake comes from carbs and I have been steadily losing and maintain about 13% body fat...
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    Options

THIIIIIS.