survey:"junk" what foods do u consider to be junk food?

Options
A friend of mine thinks she eates a lot of junk, but i think her definition of junk food is warped. What do u define as junk?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Typically packaged cookies, candy bars, croissants, donuts, pastries, ice cream etc is what I'd call junk. Then there's 'ok' junk like ice cream, and the horrible stuff like candy bars. Doesn't mean I don't eat them though.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    To me, junk is anything that has calories and no nutritional value. Things like chips and candy bars.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Kale. it's gross, otherwise nothing.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any food prepared in a factory that comes in a box or a bag and doesn't require refrigeration and has more than 2 ingredients.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    To me, junk is anything that has calories and no nutritional value. Things like chips and candy bars.

Please explain this "no nutritional value" statement.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    anything covered in feces or fell on the floor also if it's rotten covered in mold
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Kale. it's gross, otherwise nothing.

Oh Yeah Kale sucks!! lol and I am with you lets not label food good or bad.... Enjoy the foods you love, each to your caloric intake and live your life...... Best of Luck
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    anything covered in feces or fell on the floor also if it's rotten covered in mold

oh I agree with the feces and mold but the 5 second rule always applies on the falling on the floor..... lol
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yup. I totally agree with those who said anything about no nutritional value and anything made and packaged in a factory....
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    made and packaged in a factory...? So... peanut butter? Olive oil? Protein powder?
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Anything with no nutitional value.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Things with very little nutritional value that aren't really even all that tasty. Cheesy poofs or Twinkies.

However, potato chips and Raspberry Zingers are not junk food. Because they're delicious.
  • Yanagibashi
    Yanagibashi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    junk = things I will feel guilty about eating

but I still eat them sometimes
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Stuff with numerous ingredients that are difficult to pronounce. Stuff that can live on inside a package for many months... Even years.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Chips, candy, cookies,cake, pie, bread, sweetened beverages including bottled juices, anything with added sugar, anything with hydrogenated oils, pancakes, donuts, individual packets of sweetened oatmeal, cured meats, french fries, pasta, batter fried anything.
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Chips, pizza, cookies, cake, pie, ice cream...you know...all the junky junk food. Most of which is documented in my food diary. :tongue:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    "Junk food" for me is anything that does not provide an over all nutritional benefit of some sort.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any food prepared in a factory that comes in a box or a bag and doesn't require refrigeration and has more than 2 ingredients.

How would you feel about an apple that had been put in a cardboard box by assembly line workers?
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options

What about mixed nuts or trail mixes? I dont think of all of those as junk food.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I prefer to call them "discretionary calories" and I define them as foods that offer little to no protein and are calorie dense, heavy on the carbs and fats. I don't consider them "bad" or "junk" but they don't make up a lot of my day because they don't fit my macros. Once my protein goal is met though, BRING IT!