How do you do it?

Options

Replies

• samammay
    Options
    "I don't have time" is the #1 excuse used by overweight people. While it may be true as to why you dont get 6 1 hour workouts in a week, it is no excuse for being overweight. "I dont have time to eat less". Really? Its less food... its less time to eat it. :)

President Obama works out 3-4 times a week and im pretty sure he is busier than any of us.

This is hysterical. :) Thank you!

I aim to amuse.

Seriously though... love him or hate him, the presidential schedule is insane. I used to work at the white house and ive seen it... there are not many free minutes in the day.

Please note: this is not a political statement endorsing the president. Just an example of someone who fits exercise into a busy schedule. I could use the CEO of my company, but no one knows who he is. :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I told myself for years that I didn't have time. It's about deciding you're worth it. You can find the time if you want it badly enough. I had to teach myself that nobody was going to die if I wasn't there to take care of their every whim. Everyone's still alive and I'm much more pleasant... and I now have something of my own that I love.

You are worth it.
    [/quote

^^ So agree with the above post.^^^

I had to decide I needed to take of me or I would end up not being there for my husband & daughter. I am a priority. I created & carved out at least 1 hr for me everyday. My family have learned not to interrupt me when I am working out.] A happy wife certainly does make for a happy life for all.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    NO. You do have the time. We all have 24 hrs a day. Simple, if you don't have time, organize yourself. If you have to much on your to do list, prioritize. That's all. You don't need to workout 3 hours a day. 30 mins or an hour will do.

Yep! You can easily find 25 minutes in your day to fit a work out in..
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:50 a.m. every week day to workout. Only time I can.

I pre-prepare my breakfast and lunch the night before. I also get all my clothes ready and everything else I may need. Pre-planning is key.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My water aerobics class is at 5:15 a.m. Nothing ever interferes at that time of day. I have also spent less time on hobbies since getting serious about my health. When I have Friday morning off I go to Zumba class instead of staying home sewing. This is frustrating to my girlfriends who want me to do projects with them, but priorities have to be made and committed to if you're really going to make a change.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I figured that I give ALL the hours of my day (that I am not asleep) to everyone else. I deserve at least 60 to 90 minutes to do something for ME! I finally made myself as important as the kids, work, dating, TV, friends, social events etc.

I finally told my kids, who are 17 and 14 that when I get home, I need at least an HOUR! To do my thing. If they are hungry, eat a snack, thirsty, drink something, bleeding.. UGH, fine if they are bleeding I will tend to their needs BUT they better do everything in their power to NOT BLEED! ha ha

It has worked out great. They are awesome kids too and I appreciate that they see that I want to do this and it is important to me. They are also very encouraging. The time has always been there, I am just using it as I should.

ETA: Kudos to all of you morning warriors! :noway:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Everyone is busy these days. How do all of you fit workouts in and stay healthy in your eating habits? Not having time to work out is my biggest problem!

Eating is easy. It doesn't take any longer to eat healthy than it does to eat crap. Time for workouts is the hard part for me too. So, I give up some time doing things I love in favor of doing things that may keep me healthy enough to do those things in the future.
  • snshnkty11
    Options
    :/
  • snshnkty11
    Options
    President Obama works out 3-4 times a week and im pretty sure he is busier than any of us.

ye insert eye roll
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    TRY THE JILLINA MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED. ITS REALLY ONLY 26 MINUTES WITH WARM UP AND COOL DOWN. THATS MY GO TO WORK OUT IF I NEED A QUICKIE!
  • ajmaupin
    Options
    I work full time and go to grad school, have a husband and two kids at home. work out 3 days a week on my lunch hour, 2 nights a week with hubby, and sunday morning. there's time.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Well, I work two jobs and still manage to get my workout in. I'm up at 0400-0430 Monday thru Friday and am always at the gym by 0500. That gives me a good two hours before I need to start getting ready for work...

The weekends... well, that's a different story. I work 12 hour shifts Friday and Saturday, so it's not exactly "easy" to find time to work out. If I've got a little juice left in the tank, I'll make myself go after that.

I've found that more than anything else it's making it a routine. Once you start getting into the sync, your body will feel "off" if you don't work out, so it's more incentive to get your butt to the gym!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    There is always time. You put things that are important FIRST and fill in with the rest.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    TRY THE JILLINA MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED. ITS REALLY ONLY 26 MINUTES WITH WARM UP AND COOL DOWN. THATS MY GO TO WORK OUT IF I NEED A QUICKIE!

anchorman-i-dont-know-what.gif

and i'm sorry, i will not be turning to Jillian Michaels if i want a quickie.
  • meltrigg
    Options
    I agree, it is about making time to exercise. Balancing a family, full time work, netball, hockey, gym and canoeing is tricky but it's about being committed and organised.
    I plan ALL meals for the week and then shop specifically for those items. It saves time and money and I escape that never ending question of "what's for dinner?" because it's up on the weekly planner on the fridge!
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I don't go too much over my caloric intake. Diet is the huge part of weight loss, exercise just makes the weight loss look good, and helps you feel good.
    But I also skip dinner, which also helps. Right now, my weight loss has really slowed down now that I have a job, but even though its slow, it's still going down- so I'm happy.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Its hard but can be done....commit to yourself...
  • dcapulet
    dcapulet Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i walk during lunch breaks, lift while watching tv, and sometimes spend 30 minutes just doing it. I also run with my hubby, take my kids to ride bikes, and walk everywhere we can.

It all adds up!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I make time! Besides that I'm enjoying it now so I look forward to it. I think once you begin to see your body change it strengthens your commitment to keep going. I just plan, prioritize, and make sure I get it done. Consistency is key!
  • Boomer_Sooner1972
    Options
    If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

This!