What do women really want in a guy?

Options
Carl01
Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
Was reading this over the weekend and seems to differ from what is often said so tell me if it is right or wrong.

http://whatwewomenwant.org/

popcorn2.gif

Replies

• futureredheadhottie
    Options
    Honestly I got tired of reading it I don't think that is neccessarily true. All woman have a differnet type of man in mind the good guys or the bad guys. Some don't care what they do for a career as long as they love it some care the amount of money they make in a year and they wouldn't date a guy that worked at the grocery store. Some woman want guys that are funny some don't. I just want a guy that loves what he does for a living of course when I want kids I would love to stay home but if me and the man I find can't afford it that's fine. I want a guy that is family orientated since I am. I want a guy that is funny that doesn't take everything so serious all the time. It's different for everyone because everyone is different. Sorry if this doesn't answer your question.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I think most women want a guy who is honest, hard working, loving, supportive, and good with kids.
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I agree with futureredheadhot.

Personally, I found my hubby-to-be before I even knew what I would look for in a man. Obviously he had to be nice, lol. But I didn't have a list. =) (I'm almost nineteen, and met FH when I was five and he was eight.

It turns out, I have an action-taker, whilst I am a procrastinator. I have an absolutely selfless young man, who adores me. He loves what he does for a job, and actually left his full time, secure job to train to be a chef last year. He's now worked his way right up the cafe chain where he's working now, in less than five months. And he's completely modest and sensitive.

He's family-oriented, which is the same as me!

I kind of feel for guys that feel like they have to conform to a list to please women. I'm not suggesting that you're saying that, of course. I just think it's the same as when we feel like we have to conform to a way of appearance to be attractive.
  • Carl01
    Options

Personally, I found my hubby-to-be before I even knew what I would look for in a man. Obviously he had to be nice, lol. But I didn't have a list. =) (I'm almost nineteen, and met FH when I was five and he was eight.

It turns out, I have an action-taker, whilst I am a procrastinator. I have an absolutely selfless young man, who adores me. He loves what he does for a job, and actually left his full time, secure job to train to be a chef last year. He's now worked his way right up the cafe chain where he's working now, in less than five months. And he's completely modest and sensitive.

I kind of feel for guys that feel like they have to conform to a list to please women. I'm not suggesting that you're saying that, of course. I just think it's the same as when we feel like we have to conform to a way of appearance to be attractive.

No,just have always heard that ladies want a nice guy but then seem to always go towards one that isn`t.
    Same with the wanting a friend to talk and bond with but then read that they just want someone to vent to.
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have an absolutely selfless young man, who adores me.

Good God, you met a Kiwi male like that!!!??? Joking. Hopefully my son (at uni in your home town) has those same attributes you describe.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Was reading this over the weekend and seems to differ from what is often said so tell me if it is right or wrong.

popcorn2.gif

There can't be a website for what women want because every woman wants something different. Some girls want bad boys, some girls want nice guys. Some girls want powerful men who work all the time, others want men who will stay at home with the kids. It all just depends. I'm attracted to leadership. Almost every guy I've liked, dated, etc has been in some type of leadership role in school or work. Most likely because I want a guy who I know will be ambitious and successful. I also of course want him to be nice. I also need a guy who understands sarcasm and has a since of humor. I say a lot of things that can be taken the wrong way if you take it seriously but I'm usually just being sarcastic. Normally people who know me think I'm funny because they know I don't say it to be mean. I want a guy who understands that I am very independent and who is also independent. I want a partner not a provider. I will be able to provide for myself. Does that sound bad?
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    I agree about not wanting a provider I like to do my own things the only time I would want to take off from work is to raise children but I will still help by providing in some other way like staying home and raising our children. But like I said if I can't afford that I will stay at work. I think everything you said is right on.

popcorn2.gif

There can't be a website for what women want because every woman wants something different. Some girls want bad boys, some girls want nice guys. Some girls want powerful men who work all the time, others want men who will stay at home with the kids. It all just depends. I'm attracted to leadership. Almost every guy I've liked, dated, etc has been in some type of leadership role in school or work. Most likely because I want a guy who I know will be ambitious and successful. I also of course want him to be nice. I also need a guy who understands sarcasm and has a since of humor. I say a lot of things that can be taken the wrong way if you take it seriously but I'm usually just being sarcastic. Normally people who know me think I'm funny because they know I don't say it to be mean. I want a guy who understands that I am very independent and who is also independent. I want a partner not a provider. I will be able to provide for myself. Does that sound bad?
  • NZblue
    Options

No,just have always heard that ladies want a nice guy but then seem to always go towards one that isn`t.
    Same with the wanting a friend to talk and bond with but then read that they just want someone to vent to.

Oops, sorry. =) I see what you mean now. (Sometimes I'm a little too quick to respond...)
  • NZblue
    Options
    I have an absolutely selfless young man, who adores me.

Good God, you met a Kiwi male like that!!!??? Joking. Hopefully my son (at uni in your home town) has those same attributes you describe.

Bahaha, his brother is the absolute opposite. Lol. Even though I do get on well with him. (His brother probably makes more money, but money isn't something I worry about when it comes to males.)
  • Carl01
    Options

popcorn2.gif

I am just curious if opinions here correspond to the findings of that site and if so why or if not why.
    It seems a lot of ladies say they want one thing but fall for the opposite and am wondering how come?
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

popcorn2.gif

I am just curious if opinions here correspond to the findings of that site and if so why or if not why.
    It seems a lot of ladies say they want one thing but fall for the opposite and am wondering how come?

Maybe they aren't being honest with themselves when they say what they want. They're just saying what they think they want or what they think they should want. Society tells us we should find a guy who will provide us and our children with everything we need. Some women may feel that they will be judged if they aren't attracted to the type of man society tells us we should be.
  • Carl01
    Options

popcorn2.gif

Maybe they aren't being honest with themselves when they say what they want. They're just saying what they think they want or what they think they should want. Society tells us we should find a guy who will provide us and our children with everything we need. Some women may feel that they will be judged if they aren't attracted to the type of man society tells us we should be.

I want honest answers even if not PC or pleasant towards me.
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    My answer is a 100% honest I lean towards guys that are like my dad quiet and hardworking
    The only thing I want differently is someone who jokes around. My dad works hard everyday he doesn't wear a suit or tie to work he is an electrician for a local school district so I don't care what a person does as long as they love it
  • HealthyKt78
    Options

popcorn2.gif

Sorry, but I don't understand. What exactly are you looking for? I'm sure all the women who answered you ARE being honest. I was speaking of other women and reasons why a woman (any woman out there in the world) would lie about the type of man they're attracted to. I really don't understand what you want to know exactly.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    People in general often are attracted to people on an unconscious level. They may say "I don't want a man like my father", but there is something in them that is attracted to attributes similar to their father because they unconsciously have unfinished business with him, and they are trying to sort those feelings out through another relationship.

If we have had disfunctional relationships in the past, unless we have sorted through them, we tend to relive the same relationship over and over again until we have processed our roles in making them so.

People are complex creatures, you will never be able to work them out on a one size fits all basis. Basically, work out what YOU want, and go about finding ways to get it. If you are trying to fit yourself into what a generic woman wants, you won't be able to keep it up. Be the best person you can be and it will sort itself out.

GG
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This actually was too long! But I agree with the above posts which said that different girls want different men!
    If that were not true, I believe many men would be single. :laugh:
  • Xephyr
    Xephyr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree with the long long article. :-) However I personally find it is hard to find all those things in 1 man.
    And is possible to date many different types of guys, while you still were sticking to that list because they had at least one important quality.

Self-Confidence is probably the biggest attractor for me. It tends to indicate they will meet several other 'requirements'. Or at least they feel that way :-)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    What a woman wants is different at different times in thier lives. As a woman changes so does her wants and needs. Same thing with a guy, your wants and needs change as you get older and more experienced in the world. What you want now may not be what you need in the future. Just be yourself, don't depend on others to tell you who or what you should be. Have fun, go on dates, and when it is right you will know.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

popcorn2.gif

Sorry, but I don't understand. What exactly are you looking for? I'm sure all the women who answered you ARE being honest. I was speaking of other women and reasons why a woman (any woman out there in the world) would lie about the type of man they're attracted to. I really don't understand what you want to know exactly.
    Ditto! Confused as to the OP's query as well....:noway:

If it's meeting someone you're looking to do, most women if not ALL would likely suggest simply being yourself, if they find something they like about you and are interested...they'll show that interest. If not perhaps the next one will... I heard that saying once from someone's Grandmother and have always remembered it... there is a lid for every pot. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Just keep looking for that lid Buddy and good luck with that!:smokin: :laugh: But the very best time to find someone is when you're not looking at all.:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Honestly I got tired of reading it I don't think that is neccessarily true. All woman have a differnet type of man in mind the good guys or the bad guys. Some don't care what they do for a career as long as they love it some care the amount of money they make in a year and they wouldn't date a guy that worked at the grocery store. Some woman want guys that are funny some don't. I just want a guy that loves what he does for a living of course when I want kids I would love to stay home but if me and the man I find can't afford it that's fine. I want a guy that is family orientated since I am. I want a guy that is funny that doesn't take everything so serious all the time. It's different for everyone because everyone is different. Sorry if this doesn't answer your question.

I tried reading it as well, after a friend sent me this thread puzzled so I figured I'd give it a go....but sorry..no way do I have the time to sit and read all that, it's a strange article...:noway: :huh: Sorry, but maybe one of us could help if you explained your questions a bit more clearly?:flowerforyou: