What do women really want in a guy?

Options

Replies

• C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Fly on the wall waiting to see how many women actually are honest.....
    -
    -
    Then I'll explain my cat and yarn theory.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    There are women in the world who will not date men who don't have money. But what is your definition of "having money?" If you're talking about millions of dollars, I'm sorry, but an overwhelming majority of women do not care about that. Would they like it? Yeah. Is it a deal-breaker? Absolutely not. If by "having money," you mean he has a real job, can afford his own place to live, and has reliable transportation, then yeah, that's pretty much non-negotiable with me, and I don't think that's too much to ask. I can't marry a man who can't provide financially for his family, so I'm certainly not going to waste my time dating one like that. And it's not about me being lazy, either. I'm well-educated and quite successful, especially for someone my age. I don't need any help paying my bills, so that's not what I'm after. It's about knowing that if I lost my job, our kids aren't going to starve, and the bank isn't going to take our house away from us.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    OP, that's an age old question and I think women want just a few things. To be cherished, protected and lusted after! Not necessarily in that order.

Personally, I couldn't care less about money. I have been on my own for quite a long time and am used to and *prefer* to take care of myself, financially anyway.

But the above holds true for me as well.. very simple but very true!

THIS!!!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I had long forgotten this thread,was posted at a time where I didn`t like myself very much and was overall kind of dark.
    Thankfully due to time and friends here as well as in real life over the last few months that isn`t as much so anymore.
    I don`t believe for a moment that all woman just want someone with money,have found many amazing friends on here that take me for what and who I am and show love everyday even though will never meet in person.

You truly are the best. Luvs you Carl baby! :love:
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    There are women in the world who will not date men who don't have money. But what is your definition of "having money?" If you're talking about millions of dollars, I'm sorry, but an overwhelming majority of women do not care about that. Would they like it? Yeah. Is it a deal-breaker? Absolutely not. If by "having money," you mean he has a real job, can afford his own place to live, and has reliable transportation, then yeah, that's pretty much non-negotiable with me, and I don't think that's too much to ask. I can't marry a man who can't provide financially for his family, so I'm certainly not going to waste my time dating one like that. And it's not about me being lazy, either. I'm well-educated and quite successful, especially for someone my age. I don't need any help paying my bills, so that's not what I'm after. It's about knowing that if I lost my job, our kids aren't going to starve, and the bank isn't going to take our house away from us.

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Maybe you would find this helpful:
    http://www.5lovelanguages.com/learn-the-languages/the-five-love-languages

I agree that all women are different in what they want and some woman want a healthy, mature relationship and some do not (even if they won't admit to it).
    I think age plays a big factor also.
    When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I would have said I wanted a nice, reliable guy but I was too selfish and into myself and my partying to return in kind or even be able to function well with a nice, responsible guy.
    One divorce and twenty+ years later, I think it's safe to say I've grown up a bit.
    I can tell you what I really appreciate about my second husband.
    First of all, he puts God first (and if you think that's all bunk-if He puts God first, he is going to do an amazing job loving his wife 2nd).
    He is loyal, responsible, a hard worker/good provider, loves our kids and spends a lot of time with them, has a great sense of humor, is honest, compassionate and loving.
    I think he's handsome but it has more to do with his heart than his looks.
    He's romantic but I don't look for flowers every day, just a smile and warm hug. :heart:

Find a woman who wants (really wants) what you have to give. :smile:
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    Options
    i personally care less about money..i want a man to love me for who i am....
    i want someone who will readily take walks along the lake and go hiking, in return i will try new things that he enjoys in life as well...MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Being rich means having someone in your life who believes the sun and the moon revolve around you!! and you feel the same about them.....im not forgetting that i also want someone who is my best friend and will put my children first and treat them as their own.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Asking what women want ... it's a bit like the question about whether men prefer skinny chicks or thicker chicks. Everyone is different. There is no universal ideal that all women are attracted to, physically OR emotionally speaking.

As for the whole "why do women say they want a good guy and then go for the bad ones?" thing, men do the same thing, so if you can figure out why you guys do it, then maybe you can understand why women do it. I can't even count the number of male friends I had in college who complained constantly about not being able to find a woman they actually enjoyed spending time with, and my response was usually "Hello, it's because you're always in bed with some random skank."

For the most part, it's emotional immaturity. It takes some people a long time to grasp the concept that successful relationships are not just about physical attraction. Once you grow up and come to realize what actually makes you happy and emotionally fulfilled, then you stop wasting your time with bad boys/bad girls. Unfortunately, this never happens for some people, and once you reach a certain age, you have to nip it in the bud very early if you find yourself dating someone who appears to be an emotional toddler. People like this do not get better with age; they actually just become more psychotic.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I got six dollars.. anybody wanna split a burger?
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    super independant here as i have been since 17 which as been 10 years now. always taken care of myself. with that being said i go by the saying that i would rather live in a cardboard box and be in love then in a mansion and be miserable. qualities i like in a man..
    -loyal, which exludes about 97% of men
    -honest, which exludes about 95% of men
    -protector, most men have no problem with that
    -and just to be genuinly loved.
    since no man meets any of these... i again go with... ill be happy with a man who has a ginormous weiner!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

****Pulls up in drive way beeps horn*** come on lets go !
  • minmatt
    minmatt Posts: 62
    Options
    Women dont know what they want.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I don't care what women want in a man. I'm glad my wife wants a man like me.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

awww that is sweet!!!

I can't lie..money is important
    but, I feel... if it's so important to you (as a lady)..go make your own...LOL
    BUT yes.... it would be nice if the man I am with was financially comfortable...I think more than the money though.. intelligence and strive or ambition/passion is attractive
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. :love:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options

Would it be inappropriate to say that I would if I weren't a married vegetarian?? (Please don't offer a veggie burger, it will only complicate things!)
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    Options
    me
  • vampymegs
    vampymegs Posts: 39
    Options
    Everyone has to be different right? Like we are all individuals with out own ideals of what we want, deserve or need. Then there are those that don't know what they want, then there are those that want what they think they should want, an impression of what society may have them believe.

It's all different ... thank god though because not all men are created equal ;o)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    me

Ego=trouble
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    super independant here as i have been since 17 which as been 10 years now. always taken care of myself. with that being said i go by the saying that i would rather live in a cardboard box and be in love then in a mansion and be miserable. qualities i like in a man..
    -loyal, which exludes about 97% of men
    -honest, which exludes about 95% of men
    -protector, most men have no problem with that
    -and just to be genuinly loved.
    since no man meets any of these... i again go with... ill be happy with a man who has a ginormous weiner!

:laugh: