Real country boys...

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    jason aldean and jake owen are about as country as new yourk city

Well, true in some ways.. they do wear jewelry and are kinda sissyfied in that area, but they can go kill *kitten* and make jeans with boots look good. So ya know...I overlook some flaws.......like your inability to spell NEW YORK.

I have a hard time with guys and country singers calling themselves "cowboys" unless they ride horses. well. if they don't ride they're just country boys/rednecks, sorry.

Shouldn't they have to herd cattle as well?

"A cowboy is an animal herder who tends cattle on ranches in North America, traditionally on horseback, and often performs a multitude of other ranch-related tasks."

I can and have ridden horses but I am not a cowboy. LOL
    1670139_3375.jpg

that's why I said ride horses WELL. chasing cows helps but is not a steadfast requirement.

I would argue that chasing cows is a more steadfast requirement than riding horses. Hence the name "cow.....boy"

semantics. I'll admit that it does help if they steer wrestle or something, but I don't think anyone would argue with calling shawn flarida or brian bell a cowboy. if they ride english they're a horseman.
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    Funny thing is most country boys listen to rap or metal, not country.

this is true! I clearly prefer the country boys who listen to metal if you couldn't tell <----
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    jason aldean and jake owen are about as country as new yourk city

Well, true in some ways.. they do wear jewelry and are kinda sissyfied in that area, but they can go kill *kitten* and make jeans with boots look good. So ya know...I overlook some flaws.......like your inability to spell NEW YORK.

I have a hard time with guys and country singers calling themselves "cowboys" unless they ride horses. well. if they don't ride they're just country boys/rednecks, sorry.

Shouldn't they have to herd cattle as well?

"A cowboy is an animal herder who tends cattle on ranches in North America, traditionally on horseback, and often performs a multitude of other ranch-related tasks."

I can and have ridden horses but I am not a cowboy. LOL
    1670139_3375.jpg

A country boy in a Hurley shirt? I'll take it.

Where I come from, this is the daily uniform. Well, except for the boys actually IN uniform.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I wear work boots, flannel shirts, baseball hats, and have an old beat up pickup. Growin up I worked on a corn farm, Tree farm, Potato farm, and an apple/peach farm. I know what a dually is, n the FFA was the biggest club in my HS.....Country FO SHO.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    FYI.........Priest has better fish than Pend Orielle ;-)

Indeed....touch`e good sir
    [/quote]

You just need to know where to you go Pend Orielle. By the way where are you two from? I live on Pend Orielle.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options

You just need to know where to you go Pend Orielle. By the way where are you two from? I live on Pend Orielle.
    [/quote]

Coeur d'Alene
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    998227_10152128500644899_342757205_n_zpsc6e83080.jpg

you can come be my workout buddy ;)
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I thought there were going to be pictures... so disappointed. :sad:
  • VSGgal
    VSGgal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wear work boots, flannel shirts, baseball hats, and have an old beat up pickup. Growin up I worked on a corn farm, Tree farm, Potato farm, and an apple/peach farm. I know what a dually is, n the FFA was the biggest club in my HS.....Country FO SHO.

Oh yes, we were a big FFA school too!

I am LOVING this thread!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Coeur d'Alene
    [/quote]

I'm up in Sandpoint. Good to see some people in my neck of the woods.
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Coeur d'Alene

I'm up in Sandpoint. Good to see some people in my neck of the woods.
    [/quote]

I'm up in Colville :) Nice to see you both
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The only time i've ever been attracted to country boys is when Brad Pitt was wearing that cowboy hat and bringin Thelma & Louise to ruckus
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options

I can actually buck hay with the best of em ;)
  • TheSlorax
    Options

:love:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Reasons I like being from Central Florida? Just enough country to enjoy hunting, gator wrestling and country music, but there are beaches. Keep the tight jeans, I'm going for board shorts.

Oh, and BTW, Noob - nice Crocs . . .

Wish I had a beach...NM was beachfront about 60M years ago...what goes around comes around though; bring on the global warming and my soon to be beach front :drinker: ...LOL
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    <
    Hunts and fishes............wears jeans...........about as manly as you can get ;-)

And NOT a redneck..........although I do drive a truck and have an atv ..........crap

hahahaha
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    British version:

9953110636_958516aea8.jpg

NB - I am not the one dressed as a scarecrow, thats my dad.

Can you get more 'agri' than working with your dad?
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

Ugh, I see this and want to cry. Maybe that's what happens when you live on a farm for 22 years and that was one of the regular chores -- though, that's a rather small load so I don't think I'd cry *too* much (:
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    In for evening entertainment (at work right now)... hehe
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My Truck....My Boat.....Part of my hunting lease
    655d0b13-69b7-49ff-8478-fa2815ba8ca6.jpg

sexual-chocolate-out-o.gif