ITS MFP - FITNESS Not FACEBOOK --

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    first of all, do you, not me. Second, I do what I want, yo! Third, how do you know we're not all at work right now? Which, by the way I am. Also, I kill plenty of workouts when I'm not stuck at my desk. I also eat amazingly, too. So, yea, I'll keep doing me. :wink:

What if she's like you, and does what she wants, but what she wants is to do you?

no dibs. I like to workout AND chit chat.
  • Caty_power
    Caty_power Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    oh well.. all i wanna know now is how to delete this thread :explode: :angry:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Haha I KNEW when I saw the title of this post that it would immediately be full of posters slamming the OP for the obvious. Lol.
    you must be a wizard.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Caty_Power, since it isn't Facebook maybe you should delete your 48 friends, only post your food and exercise and go it alone. Obviously there is no benefit in saying good job to someone else. Wow!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Can't do it. Gotta hang out and read all the positive responses.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    So, basically, the other 22.5 hours of my day I shouldn't be chit-chatting, then?

I must have missed that in the forum guidelines or something.

Thanks for pointing this out....
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

You know what Coolio said once...
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    pffftt.....I'm doing kegels right now

hahaha OMG!!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    girl.gif.gif
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was going to summon cranshinibon and his gifs :D
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    girl.gif.gif
    That made my day.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    One time, at band camp......
  • Caty_power
    Caty_power Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    its not about saying good job .. or appreciating someones hard work.. i do it all the time ... i love my frnds ... but i am opposing irrelavent stories and melodrama of someone's life. Facebook is there for it ... reading depressing post of someone who is not happy from his/her job, life,kids,bf,..... it defeats the pusrpose sometimes of us being here
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    its not about saying good job .. or appreciating someones hard work.. i do it all the time ... i love my frnds ... but i am opposing irrelavent stories and melodrama of someone's life. Facebook is there for it ... reading depressing post of someone who is not happy from his/her job, life,kids,bf,..... it defeats the pusrpose sometimes of us being here

Funny, that's not at all what your OP was.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I'm able to share more on here than facebook. Those idiots IRL don't care about me. All my true friends are from the interwebz.

ETA: If you don't like they way people are posting on THEIR wall, delete them. Then it wouldn't be sabotaging your success anymore.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

When you spend a significant amount of time on MFP (for the purpose of bettering your health and body), you also form very very tight bonds with your friends on here (assuming you have a heart and actually DO care about your friends). When you care about people, you also care about their life and what happens in it. IF you don't, then delete them if you don't want to read about their personal life. Personally, I enjoy making TRUE friendships on here. That means supporting their fitness AND learning about them as people. That's just me, though.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You can't unring the bell.

(Well, not entirely true on MFP...

...but it should be.)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

no no no. Fakebook is for pretending everything is sunshine and unicorn glittery farts. MFP is for whatever each individual needs it to be for. To each his/her own.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options

How does it defeat the purpose? Everyone's purpose is different, and if you think that everyone should be working out 24/7 and not take out sometime for themselves (here, fb, whatever), then you don't have a real grasp of what this site is all about.

They didn't create the 'message boards' for nothing.

Now get off of MFP and go workout....all day.