Cauliflower Breadsticks

Options

Replies

• woo hoo, trying this one tonight!!! :D
    thanks OP!
  • DiabeticMomber
    Options
    Ok, all you cauliflower HATERS must not understand what it's like to be diabetic AT ALL!
    Go eat your bread until you have diabetes like me or if you want or take my advice sooner rather than later to eat as healthy as you can so you can have bread options on occasion. But please don't be mean to people that are helping people like me eat as normal as possible, these recipes mean the world to me... TO THE PEOPLE WHO POST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES MY 4 CHILDREN AND I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!!!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower does have a magical power, it has amazing anti-aging effects on the skin, improving it's physcial appearance in many ways, including lightening and firming.

I eat it as often as I can because I've lost 65 and plan on losing much more, so I want my skin to stay beautiful.

So far it has.

It may or may not be the cauliflower doing, but if it is not, it is certainly causing no harm.

To each their own.

If you don't want to process cauliflower and eat it in a dough form, than don't.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    bumping ... because there are a lot on my FL who will really enjoy trying this recipe ... wish I could tag them all! :wink:
  • DiabeticMomber
    Options
    I agree with what my mother said, but in my opinion you all can just shut your mouths because if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. A lesson in which I assume none of your parents taught you. -Avery her daughter
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ok, all you cauliflower HATERS must not understand what it's like to be diabetic AT ALL!
    Go eat your bread until you have diabetes like me or if you want or take my advice sooner rather than later to eat as healthy as you can so you can have bread options on occasion. But please don't be mean to people that are helping people like me eat as normal as possible, these recipes mean the world to me... TO THE PEOPLE WHO POST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES MY 4 CHILDREN AND I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Wow, strong first post.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^Bread doesn't cause diabetes and I know people with diabetes that will still eat it now and again.
    I agree with what my mother said, but in my opinion you all can just shut your mouths because if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. A lesson in which I assume none of your parents taught you. -Avery her daughter

So...it's "nice" to assume about people's lack of parenting and to tell them to shut their mouths? Didn't think so.....so.....???

And I came in wondering if this was some sort of cauliflower puree added to a recipe for actual bread but it's just cauliflower seasoned with egg....or basically some weird chunky omelet. Disappointed.

ETA: And seriously, @DiabeticMombers...you make a brand new account JUST to post your outrage on a cauliflower thread 5-6 months old. WUT? :huh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Are you hangry? I only ask because I don't think I've come across an adult who joins a forum to verbally abuse people over cauliflower before...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to process cauliflower and eat it in a dough form, than don't.

I learned on MFP that eating processed food is Very Very Bad™, so no thank you very much. I don't want to get whatever disease you get from eating processed food.

[TMYK.gif]
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Yes, I am aware of the Thumperian Principle. Fortunately, as a grown adult on a message board designed for the exchange of potentially differing ideas, I know that sharing disagreement on a topic isn't necessarily "not nice". However, if I was a juvenile animated rabbit, I can see how this principle would be very useful for me not to offend friends who have a tendency to be kind of wobbly.

Also, it would seem like you currently don't have anything nice to say. What would the teachings of your mother have you do in such situations?
  • Pannna
    Pannna Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Who do people attempt to make other food items out of cauliflower? Why not just fit a breadstick (or cake, or hot dog, or any other of the numerous cauliflower copy cats I see on here) into your calorie goals? Am I missing something, does cauliflower possess some sort of magical power?

People do fit the regular stuff in their calorie goals but some people like trying new things, not just replacing things.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO NO NO GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I'm totally waiting for Brussel sprouts recipes to emulate foods like pizza, bread and rice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I'm totally waiting for Brussel sprouts recipes to emulate foods like pizza, bread and rice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Impossible.

There is only One True Way™ to prepare brussel sprouts, and that is to halve them and saute in bacon grease until tender. (Variations to include butter, onions, bacon, and seasonings such as thyme are also permissible.)
  • Florence1221
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Will try.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    An even more simple way that I saw online yesterday....

Slice a head of cauliflower (slicing from the top of the head toward the stalk) into 1/2 inch slices, it should look similar to a potato slice.

brush with a light coating of EVOO on both sides, add some garlic, then grill 3-4 min per side.

Add a slice of Mozz or Prov cheese, close the grill lid for about a minute, and then you have nom-tastic cheesy garlic cauliflower that you can pick up and eat like a breadstick.

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm going to just becuase it sounds amazing!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    There is only One True Way™ to prepare brussel sprouts, and that is to halve them and saute in bacon grease until tender. (Variations to include butter, onions, bacon, and seasonings such as thyme are also permissible.)
    [/quote]

Yum.. Can you come cook for me???
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    wow, tough crowd.