Cauliflower Breadsticks

Options
123457»

Replies

• Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm totally waiting for Brussel sprouts recipes to emulate foods like pizza, bread and rice.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Impossible.

There is only One True Way™ to prepare brussel sprouts, and that is to halve them and saute in bacon grease until tender. (Variations to include butter, onions, bacon, and seasonings such as thyme are also permissible.)
    Yum. Never tried bacon with those. We usually bake or sauté them in butter, garlic and whatever spices we have a taste for.

Cauliflower is yummy on its own raw, or cooked. I have tried to eat them mashed, and soupy, but I just couldn't eat it that way. I am still tempted to try this just for kicks and giggles.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Who do people attempt to make other food items out of cauliflower? Why not just fit a breadstick (or cake, or hot dog, or any other of the numerous cauliflower copy cats I see on here) into your calorie goals? Am I missing something, does cauliflower possess some sort of magical power?

It's magical power is that it has a very mild taste. Some people are doing low carb diets so don't want to eat bread, but perhaps want to keep the mental sensation of eating it. What does it matter why anyone eats what they eat? To each his own.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

This...Definitely this...
  • edisonsbulb
    edisonsbulb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    yuck.gif
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have to ask the people who come in here to **** on the recipe why even bother coming in? You saw the title of the post and know you wouldn't like the recipe inside. Is it that hard to ignore a post? I just don't get it.

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing! Not interested? Bug off.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Ok, all you cauliflower HATERS must not understand what it's like to be diabetic AT ALL!
    Go eat your bread until you have diabetes like me or if you want or take my advice sooner rather than later to eat as healthy as you can so you can have bread options on occasion. But please don't be mean to people that are helping people like me eat as normal as possible, these recipes mean the world to me... TO THE PEOPLE WHO POST CAULIFLOWER RECIPES MY 4 CHILDREN AND I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!!!!

Lol. So, let me get this straight....

Bread causes diabetes. People who don't like cauliflower are mean. You resurrect a six month old thread to yell about it. And you are teaching your four children the same nonsense? :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I have to ask the people who come in here to **** on the recipe why even bother coming in? You saw the title of the post and know you wouldn't like the recipe inside. Is it that hard to ignore a post? I just don't get it.

Apparently, it's as difficult for some people to ignore certain posts...

...as it is for others to ignore their posts when they can't ignore those posts.

Of course, I personally can't ignore the posts of those who can't ignore the posts of others.

(It's compulsion all the way down...)
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Apparently, it's as difficult for some people to ignore certain posts...

...as it is for others to ignore their posts when they can't ignore those posts.

Of course, I personally can't ignore the posts of those who can't ignore the posts of others.

(It's compulsion all the way down...)
    You are a very funny person. We don't take the time to laugh anymore..I enjoy reading your comments:drinker: