When is it socially acceptable for shirtless running?

Options

Replies

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, though, I don't see a problem with it...men are shirtless at the beach and by the pool, and I obviously don't offend easily, soooo, it's kind of a do what makes you comfortable-thing.

It gets ridiculously humid, here, too, and even a sorts bra feels like too much. If I could get away with it, I sure would.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm not aerodynamic with my shirt off.
    Man boobs blowing over my shoulders is not cool.
    Although when they slap me on the back it's encouraging!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    i think we need some video.

please?
    tumblr_lysac6OPxu1qc3de7o1_500.gif

Fizgig!

Yes, video.
    Please.
    Pretty please?

I'll make sure to not wear my compression shorts in the video so you can get the full bounce effect in slowmo.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If your moobs are bigger than my boobs, please don't run shirtless.

Edit: Not because of aesthetics, but because I'd be jealous.
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If it's hot outside and you are comfortable with taking your shirt off then I say go for it. Who cares what onlookers may think, you aren't out there running for them.
  • nzmum4x4
    Options
    the fact that you're out there running is more important than what you run in. Comfort and technique up to you. Think Phoebe from friends when she went running.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    only when you're a woman, and outside my house/ in my line of sight
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    Since we are going for honesty, I agree with at the beach. I live in the hot humid locale of Houston, and everyone does whatever they want. I usually cover my eyes and think "TMI, I did not need to see that." Doesn't matter if you look awesome or not. Why? I am married, I don't want to go to my marriage bed comparing anyone to the love of my life. I can't unsee what I have seen. One opinion, and it will never be voted in. I accept that.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Personally I won't start running shirtless until nothing jiggles. And even then it would only be on days so hellishly hot that even a sleeveless, breathable, sweat wicking running shirt offers no respite. From your profile pic, I don't think anyone would complain, except maybe out of jealousy.

See, that's my problem. I still got a little piece of gut hanging on to the bottom of my abs that would jiggle unless I'm flexing my abs..so that's what I would find to be gross but not sure about others. Everything else is pretty solid.

I think if I passed you or someone who looked like you running shirtless during one of my runs I would enjoy it very, very much. I don't think you have to worry about small stuff jiggling because people will either be too busy to look at you or they'll be looking at everything else you got going on and they wont notice the minor jiggle.
  • Scarsnbumble
    Scarsnbumble Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You answered your own question. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's how you feel that counts. If you wanna run shirtless, just do it. And that goes for the ladies too :-).
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Since we are going for honesty, I agree with at the beach. I live in the hot humid locale of Houston, and everyone does whatever they want. I usually cover my eyes and think "TMI, I did not need to see that." Doesn't matter if you look awesome or not. Why? I am married, I don't want to go to my marriage bed comparing anyone to the love of my life. I can't unsee what I have seen. One opinion, and it will never be voted in. I accept that.

Whoa! Your life must be hell trying to avoid advertisements, so you don't compare. And no movies above rated G.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Whoa! Your life must be hell trying to avoid advertisements, so you don't compare. And no movies above rated G.

Yeah I'm blown away by it too. My husband is twice the size of me. I still never go to my marriage bed comparing him to the guys pics on here.. that is odd! It's what is inside that matters most.
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    As long as the guy doesn't look like he has multiple spare tires on and/or moobs flapping around, it's probably ok. Even a guy with a little flab on him is fine -- because, hell, he's running and doing something about it, so hats off to him.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I feel if someone is confident enough and is comfortable, then she should be able to run shirtless if she so pleases! Who are we to judge. :love:
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile pic ... any time lol!
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i think we need some video.

For scientific purposes, of course. It's the only way we can accurately judge if you're shirtless running material. Slo-mo would be extra helpful.

I'm going to have to confiscate this.

And OP's shirts.

Carry on!
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it. If I'm hot and want to tan I run shirtless ... If they don't want to look I pretty sure they can avert their eyes ...
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    There are several men in my town that run shirtless. Many of them are heavy guys who jiggle. You know what I think when I see them running?

"Hey, that guy is running. Cool."
  • justanotherloser007
    Options

Yeah I'm blown away by it too. My husband is twice the size of me. I still never go to my marriage bed comparing him to the guys pics on here.. that is odd! It's what is inside that matters most.

If I see a guy running without a shirt, he lives in my neighborhood. Not a stranger, not someone I will never meet. I will see this neighbor, and everytime I see them I will think of it. As for movies, pics, etc? Those don't seem to affect me like actually seeing my neighbor with my own two eyes runnin around half nekkid. Context I guess? Real person vs. 2d person I will never meet or see IRL.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There are several men in my town that run shirtless. Many of them are heavy guys who jiggle. You know what I think when I see them running?

"Hey, that guy is running. Cool."

*LIKE*