Weight loss help

Options
Okay so, Ive stopped losing weight? Ive been the same weight for a full month. I went down a kg about a little more then a week ago, but for some reason now Ive gained it back? Can someone please tell me why this is happening. My profile is public ...

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Okay so, Ive stopped losing weight? Ive been the same weight for a full month. I went down a kg about a little more then a week ago, but for some reason now Ive gained it back? Can someone please tell me why this is happening. My profile is public ...

My first thought was "you're really close to your goal and that makes weight loss harder".

Then I opened your diary. Either you're eating a horribly unhealthy deficit or you aren't tracking accurately (since there are several blank days and you don't ever log dinner, i cant tell how accurate it is). 600 calories a day is not enough food. If that is really what you're eating.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I had a little look at your diary... you didn't log at all for about a week so... if you have gained weight you must have been eating more than your calorie goal, on average over the month. It really helps to log every last little thing, every day, whether you go over or under it doesn't matter the important thing is to know exactly what your calorie intake is.

Also it might be an idea to weigh all your food rather than using cups and generic measurements of food.

Nail that sucker down! All the best to you :smile:
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    600 calories a day is not enough food. If that is really what you're eating, double it at least and consider seeing a therapist if you've been eating at that deficit for awhile because it may be symptomatic of an eating disorder.

??? She's lost NO weight this month.

Inappropriate, scaremongering response. Not good.
  • Stage14
    Options
    600 calories a day is not enough food. If that is really what you're eating, double it at least and consider seeing a therapist if you've been eating at that deficit for awhile because it may be symptomatic of an eating disorder.

Yes, because someone eating that little should definitely not worry about long term damage or health issues. How dare I bring that up for someone on a 600 calorie diet! I did say that particular advice was dependent on a. If her logging was accurate and that was all she was eating and b. if she'd been doing that for a long time.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options

My first thought was "you're really close to your goal and that makes weight loss harder".

Then I opened your diary. Either you're eating a horribly unhealthy deficit or you aren't tracking accurately (since there are several blank days and you don't ever log dinner, i cant tell how accurate it is). 600 calories a day is not enough food. If that is really what you're eating, double it at least and consider seeing a therapist if you've been eating at that deficit for awhile because it may be symptomatic of an eating disorder.

Wish people on this site would stop diagnosing EDs here, there and everywhere. An ED is psychological and comes from someone's fear of food/linked to emotional issues. I would suggest OP is just uneducated about normal calorie intakes and deficits.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

Uh what? Her response was a good one actually.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    UM-A daily goal of 600 calories is not smart! No wonder u can't lose! up it to 1200 calories!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Setting your calories at 600 a day is not a good start, especially with all of MFP's warnings not to net less than 1200
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    However, Natalia, I would suggest increasing your calorie intake both for the sake of your health and your metabolism. Working out your TDEE and eatign 20% under it is a method that has worked for many people. If you stick with that for say 4-6 weeks and you're still not losing as you'd like, you can adjust calories and perhaps macros to see what fits you best - but it is recommended that no woman eats <1200kcals.
  • Hildy_J
    Options

Yes, because someone eating that little should definitely not worry about long term damage or health issues. How dare I bring that up for someone on a 600 calorie diet! I did say that particular advice was dependent on a. If her logging was accurate and that was all she was eating and b. if she'd been doing that for a long time.

A person who hasn't logged for a couple of weeks in the last month and has stayed at the SAME weight for that MONTH cannot possibly be on a 600 calorie a day regime. Screaming 'Eating Disorder' at the OP is just bringing unnecessary drama to the party. Don't do it. Calm advice on upping the calorie intake is what's needed not folk running round yelling 'we're all doomed!'.
  • Stage14
    Options

A person who hasn't logged for a couple of weeks in the last month and has stayed at the SAME weight for that MONTH cannot possibly be on a 600 calorie a day regime. Screaming 'Eating Disorder' at the OP is just bringing unnecessary drama to the party. Don't do it. Calm advice on upping the calorie intake is what's needed not folk running round yelling 'we're all doomed!'.

Oh FFS, I did not scream anything at the OP, nor did I say she had an eating disorder. I (calmly) suggested that she up her calorie intake and that IF eating this way was a long stemming issue, she possibly consider talking to someone to SEE if an ED was a concern. And actually, if someone eats at 600 calories a day for long enough, yes their weight WILL level off at some point. Yes it takes an extended time but it definitely can and does happen.

ETA: OP, I apologize if you took my post the same way a couple of others did. I think the important thing is to up your calories to a healthy amount. I did not mean for my additional, caveated, suggestion to overshadow that.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Your diary only has a few recent entries. If you are truly eating 700ish calories a day, you will lose weight, guaranteed, no matter what your activity level. If you aren't losing weight, then you are eating (or have been eating) quite a bit more than you've logged.

I don't agree with the "eat more" advice being offered. I would first make 100% sure that there at least a couple of weeks of super-accurate food logging. Until that happens, there simply isn't enough information upon which to offer meaningful advice.
  • natalia616
    natalia616 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Alright so those days i didnt log, I was logging in a seperate and didnt feel the need to log twice because I knew how much I ate. ive also been eating like this for six months and lost around 30 pounds since then. This really worked for me... I dont understand why it isnt now...in average I eat around 600-800 calories ... And I do eat dinner everyday but not big ones....
  • natalia616
    Options
    I logged in for long periods of time Only a few days are missing or missing dinners...
  • natalia616
    Options
    Trust me, theres really no chance I was gaining because I was eating too much ... To gain a pound is to eat 3500 calories over and I know that i didnt eat over 1100....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
  • Stage14
    Options
    Trust me, theres really no chance I was gaining because I was eating too much ... To gain a pound is to eat 3500 calories over and I know that i didnt eat over 1100....

If you aren't logging everything accurately, we cannot look at your diary and give worthwhile suggestion on much of anything. We cant see this other place that you log, so we don't know what to help with. Your profile said you were 7lbs from your goal, if i remember correctly, and it is true that it gets harder to lose weight te closer you get to your goal. It's also true that the body can fluctuate by a couple of lbs due to water retention, so the weight gain you saw may well not be from actual fat gain. There are too many variables to tell without an accurate diary.

However, I still stand by my advice that you need to eat more than 600 to 800 calories a day for your health.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Alright so those days i didnt log, I was logging in a seperate and didnt feel the need to log twice because I knew how much I ate. ive also been eating like this for six months and lost around 30 pounds since then. This really worked for me... I dont understand why it isnt now...in average I eat around 600-800 calories ... And I do eat dinner everyday but not big ones....

You've messed up your metabolism by foolishly eating so little calories. Eat more, give it a month and see how you do. You can eat like a normal adult and still lose weight.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    only 600 calories a day is unintelligent! raise it to 1200!
  • natalia616
    Options
    I calculated it, it says I should eat around 1600 calories... Thats way to much! Im going to gain back everything I lost!!!!