Weight loss help

Options

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Alright so those days i didnt log, I was logging in a seperate and didnt feel the need to log twice because I knew how much I ate. ive also been eating like this for six months and lost around 30 pounds since then. This really worked for me... I dont understand why it isnt now...in average I eat around 600-800 calories ... And I do eat dinner everyday but not big ones....

Eat more. My toddlers eat twice what you do and they only weigh between 25 and 40 pounds. Eating so little is very unhealthy for an adult.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    I calculated it, it says I should eat around 1600 calories... Thats way to much! Im going to gain back everything I lost!!!!
    No you won't. You have to feed your body or you will do serious damage to your organs. You're barely eating more than a newborn baby. Your body cannot sustain that long term.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    600 calories a day is not enough food. If that is really what you're eating, double it at least and consider seeing a therapist if you've been eating at that deficit for awhile because it may be symptomatic of an eating disorder.

??? She's lost NO weight this month.

Inappropriate, scaremongering response. Not good.

Did you see her diary? she's got 600 cals a day down as her daily limit.

Do you think 600 cals is a realistic daily limit?

Bloody oath woman, it's not scaremongering when someone's fixing to kill themselves.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    600 calories a day is not enough food. If that is really what you're eating, double it at least and consider seeing a therapist if you've been eating at that deficit for awhile because it may be symptomatic of an eating disorder.

??? She's lost NO weight this month.

Inappropriate, scaremongering response. Not good.

Yes because when I see someone who has purposefully set their calorie goal to 600, I don't think anything about. [/sarcasm]
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I calculated it, it says I should eat around 1600 calories... Thats way to much! Im going to gain back everything I lost!!!!

No you won't. I eat that much most days and my ticker speaks for itself. At first you MAY gain WATER WEIGHT, but it will go away.

Why are people so damn scared of food? You need it!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Alright so those days i didnt log, I was logging in a seperate and didnt feel the need to log twice because I knew how much I ate. ive also been eating like this for six months and lost around 30 pounds since then. This really worked for me... I dont understand why it isnt now...in average I eat around 600-800 calories ... And I do eat dinner everyday but not big ones....

Up your daily food quota to what you really expect to eat, and then log absolutely everything you eat.

A lot of the calories in your dinner will be invisible. You have to know what went into the meal to know how many calories it has. Sauces, flavourings, cream, milk, oil - these are the calories that hide in dinners.

Log everything in one place, or double log - but make one computer system carry the full load of exactly what you are eating, and don't share. it's confusing otherwise, and you will miss things.

the people who lose weight on here are not the ones who starve themselves like crazy. They are the ones who eat a realistic amount of food, and log every single thing they consume. Every single thing. Every drink they have on saturday night. Every piece of chewing gum or chocolate. It makes all the difference in the world to log every single thing. And definitely, at your age, cals back up to 1500. Blimey child. Your body will end up digesting your heart. You're just being silly.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

You can take the advice or not... it worked for me.
    george-costanza-gives-up.gif
  • natalia616
    natalia616 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Whenever I log i log everything that day I only missed a few days...
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    OP, the fact that you are aiming for 600 cals worries me. I'm not saying you "have" an eating disorder, but you may have disordered eating and heading down a slippery slope towards an eating disorder. Please speak with a physician and a counselor. Perhaps work with a registered dietitian to at least get educated about your eating.

Just in case, I'll put these here for you and anyone else lurking that may need it

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

You may reach the Helpline at (800) 931-2237 or go to the link below to chat with someone -

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/information-referral-helpline
  • natalia616
    Options
    I do log in pretty accurattly most of my food dont contain sauces lol
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Ok, OP how old are you? You sound like someone who is much too young to be on this site. If that is the case, then you need to go speak with your parents and a counselor.
  • Coraddy
    Options
    You need to eat more!Your body is suffering right now, that's why you're not losing!
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options

See when previous posters suggested you check with a doctor about an eating disorder, this is why. You calculated it and it says you burn more than 1600 calories. And your reply is an alarmed "Thats way to much!" EDs are psychological, and often involve thinking a normal amount of food is "too much."
  • natalia616
    Options
    I set this my goal because I think im too nice to myself and might go over the goal. On some days I do.. Like today
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options

My 2-year-old eats more calories than you. Heck, my 8-month-old eats more calories than you. He did even while exclusively breastfed. You need to eat a certain amount each day just to live. For most, that floats around the 1500-2000 calorie range. Including you. So no, you won't gain back what you lost.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    I set this my goal because I think im too nice to myself and might go over the goal. On some days I do.. Like today
    You should be going over your goal every single day. Seriously. My 6 week old baby consumes 600 calories a day. Do you honestly think that amount is healthy for your adult body?
  • natalia616
    Options
    Children are supposed to eat more!!! Theyre growing!!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Children are supposed to eat more!!! Theyre growing!!

Not really, not small children. Small children have stomachs the size of their fists. So they can only handle so much. You're mixing up children with adolescents.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Anybody else still think the OP doesn't have a problem?
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Anybody else still think the OP doesn't have a problem?

Yeah, I was going to popcorn.gif at this thread until I read that. Now, I just feel bad for her.