How can i recover from a 5000 calorie binge , help :(

Options

Replies

• blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    OP, looking back at your post history it seems that you're 5'10", 161 lbs and 15% body fat, but you're obsessed with losing 20 lbs or getting to 9% body fat. You keep asking the same types of questions, then people give you good advice or ask you for more details and you ignore them (or in one case call them "stupid *kitten* answers") and then you post again. What is it that you're looking for? You're a teenage male and I know everything seems super-dramatic at this point in your life, but 20 lbs is not life-altering. You need to get your head straight and start taking a sensible and level-headed approach to getting the body you want and stop looking for quick fixes and stop ignoring advice.U There's a lot of experience here. Maybe find someone whose pictures look the way you want to look and ask them what they do.
    Maybe because the only ppl that have been giving me advice are people unsuccessful ppl and ones who are just as far from there goal weight as i am . If there advice were so good they would be were they want to be and they arent ... So i constantly post these post and hope for a successful person to come along and give me some real advice instead of a bunch of unsuccessful ppl that bearly know what there talking about .

0funnyohnoyoudidnt_2.gif

Yes. Yes, I think he just possibly did.

*reaches for popcorn* < you know, low calorie and within my alllowance, because even though I might be some way from goal it doesn't mean I'm failing, I have lost half a stone so far, and have a good scientific grounding for the knowledge I learn here. Just in case you were wondering OP.

*joins with roasted chic peas* It doesn't matter how much you lost, it is how you lost it. If you want to ask questions and keep getting similar advice, maybe that is the advice you need. Or maybe everyone else is wrong and there is some magic trick to getting the dream body and everyone is hiding it from you...and me and everyone else in the world.
  • dubble13
    dubble13 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    At least the "unsuccessful" people can spell.
  • Brandonshields97
    Options
    At least the "unsuccessful" people can spell.
    Was that supposed to be funny ? Lol work on your jokes i'm gonna go try to work these cals off . Peace
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    OP, looking back at your post history it seems that you're 5'10", 161 lbs and 15% body fat, but you're obsessed with losing 20 lbs or getting to 9% body fat. You keep asking the same types of questions, then people give you good advice or ask you for more details and you ignore them (or in one case call them "stupid *kitten* answers") and then you post again. What is it that you're looking for? You're a teenage male and I know everything seems super-dramatic at this point in your life, but 20 lbs is not life-altering. You need to get your head straight and start taking a sensible and level-headed approach to getting the body you want and stop looking for quick fixes and stop ignoring advice.U There's a lot of experience here. Maybe find someone whose pictures look the way you want to look and ask them what they do.
    Maybe because the only ppl that have been giving me advice are people unsuccessful ppl and ones who are just as far from there goal weight as i am . If there advice were so good they would be were they want to be and they arent ... So i constantly post these post and hope for a successful person to come along and give me some real advice instead of a bunch of unsuccessful ppl that bearly know what there talking about .

I'm a very successful person, very close to my goals. I've dropped 60+ pounds in a year, gone from sitting on the couch to running 10k, and I'm consistently improving my strength. I'm approaching the level of fitness I attained before I had kids and let myself go a little. In short, I'm exactly the kind of person you claim to be looking for advice from.

But after reading this b**chy little post, you're on your own. I'm sick to death of people throwing the advice they are offered back in people's faces.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the 97 in Brandon's username is his year of birth, so we're dealing with a 15 or 16 year old. He shouldn't even be here. Try Sparkteens, OP. They might speak your language better than we do.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm recovered from binge eating (EDNOS, 2009) and here's what I've learned:

1) Drink a LOT of water. You'll need it to deal with the sodium.
    2) Be kind to yourself. The last think you need to do is beat yourself up about it.
    3) Plan out your food fo the next couple of days so you can eat well without thinking about it.
    4) Try to figure out the circumstance that caused the episode & think of a couple of different strategies to deal with it next time. Think HALT: Was I hungry, angry, loney, or tired?
    5) (This one is most in important) Forgive yourself.

^this
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

I'm a very successful person, very close to my goals. I've dropped 60+ pounds in a year, gone from sitting on the couch to running 10k, and I'm consistently improving my strength. I'm approaching the level of fitness I attained before I had kids and let myself go a little. In short, I'm exactly the kind of person you claim to be looking for advice from.

But after reading this b**chy little post, you're on your own. I'm sick to death of people throwing the advice they are offered back in people's faces.

People like you pi$s me off lol . Yup im on my own ive been doing it on my own this whole time and im pretty sure im gonna be on my own when its all over . You just typed up that longass paragraph just to knock me down even further ?? Lol cool with me . Bbecause as im typing this im on a stationary bike busting my *kitten* off cos i know im in this by myself NOONE supports me and i relize that now . And i hope that from yur little negative reply that god gives u a horrible binge just like i had . Haha peace

No, I wrote out that 'longass paragraph' to point out to you that you are being disrespectful to people that are trying to help you, and that the result of that is that people will not want to help you. Action -> consequence.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Most of us on here screw up. You have to accept that there will be some days you'll go over... So this is what you do, get back to 1800 next day. This is a life style change. It doesn't depend on one day. Make slow changes, keep going. Get back to it.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    This may sound ridiculous to some people, but what does a 5000 to 6000 calorie binge consist of? I am not sure I could eat that much without getting sick, Nd that was before my stomach shrank. I cannot eat the amount of food I use to eat 4 months ago.
  • scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hmmm this is better than anything thats on tv!!! Maybe I should go make some popcorn :)
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    This may sound ridiculous to some people, but what does a 5000 to 6000 calorie binge consist of? I am not sure I could eat that much without getting sick, Nd that was before my stomach shrank. I cannot eat the amount of food I use to eat 4 months ago.

Check April 1 in my diary for an example. Admittedly this was a planned treat/refeed for my birthday, rather than a binge, per se, but it will show you 5,000 calories of food in a day.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    You are an 18 year old male. It is very likely your maintenance calories are well over 2000 a day. That would mean you ate a maximum of 4000 calories over that, and likely based on your age and sex your maintenance calories are more than 2000 a day so it wasn't even a 4000 calorie binge.

Having said that, we will go with the 4000. It takes 3500 calories over your maintenance calories to put on a pound of fat. That would mean you may have eaten enough to put on 1 pound of fat.

But, you say, I weigh a whole lot more than that. My weight went up more that 1 pound. That is not fat. It is water, and the food in your intestinal track. After 3 or so days with eating back at a reasonable calories deficit you should see that weight come off.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't argue with people who you can remove from your life by pressing a button.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

People like you pi$s me off lol . Yup im on my own ive been doing it on my own this whole time and im pretty sure im gonna be on my own when its all over . You just typed up that longass paragraph just to knock me down even further ?? Lol cool with me . Bbecause as im typing this im on a stationary bike busting my *kitten* off cos i know im in this by myself NOONE supports me and i relize that now . And i hope that from yur little negative reply that god gives u a horrible binge just like i had . Haha peace

OP - your attitude and your spelling suck. You came here whining about eating a lot and then act like a little *kitten* when people try to help. You're getting what you deserve.
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I had a SUPER crappy day yesterday. I went about 2000 calories over my goal It was awful. But I savored it. Recognized what was happening, and tried to enjoy it with the determination that I would not repeat the same mistake again today. So today, I cut way back on my calories and focused on exercise. Today's intake was back within my normal range. You need to do the same. It's over, it happened. Make sure to journal how you felt after the binge was over. Read it and get motivated. And then move on. Focus on getting your calories into check for the week, don't just focus on that one bad day. YOU CAN DO THIS. LEAN ON ME FOR SUPPORT.:happy:
    Everybody on here has had bad days. It's a part of making this lifestyle change. It's hard. If it were easy then....well you know the rest.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    OP is a mega troll
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

I lost my weight, never binged once & still have never.

Screw you.
  • Brandonshields97
    Options
    I'm recovered from binge eating (EDNOS, 2009) and here's what I've learned:

1) Drink a LOT of water. You'll need it to deal with the sodium.
    2) Be kind to yourself. The last think you need to do is beat yourself up about it.
    3) Plan out your food fo the next couple of days so you can eat well without thinking about it.
    4) Try to figure out the circumstance that caused the episode & think of a couple of different strategies to deal with it next time. Think HALT: Was I hungry, angry, loney, or tired?
    5) (This one is most in important) Forgive yourself.
    This^^ i like how you were positive , thnk you im actually exercising right now while i read these dumass comments lool thanks u tho!
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    OP - Being a meanie-head doesn't help you burn calories any faster, in fact it probably reduces your heart rate since you have to concentrate to type.. but in all seriousness if you really are as young as others are saying you are you have PLENTY of time to worry about your weight and body image, take this from a 25 year old who is finally enjoying her life and her body.. in all other seriousness, you won't even remember this day and this temporary weight gain a year from now... maybe even a month from now so there is no point in being a defensive jerk face...

Oh yeah everyone was here to support you and be nice till you started name calling, you assuming wonder-boy, so chill the eff out and grow the eff up
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    His advice and that from the others on here is spot on, and you are straight up being a troll.

Signed,
    Someone who has been successful and maintained for close to two years.

P.S. Go **** yourself.
This discussion has been closed.