What size are you aiming to wear?

Options

Replies

• icmytoes
    icmytoes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My fantasy is to wear size Misses 10. In reality, I would be thrilled with a Misses size 12. Right now I am a 16/18.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    6-8, like most of the jeans collecting dust in my closet. I have been smaller but didn't like the way I looked. Currently I'm 12-14.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was a 20/22 and I dreamed of a size 10. I got there, liked what I saw but I tightened up a bit more and now very happy at a size 8.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Size awesome. Which means I'm already at my goal size.
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    size 4-6
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a UK 8 (a US 2) Currently a UK 10 (US 4) ..BUT I'm happy to be UK 10 on the bottom..big hips and they ain't going anywhere :D
  • Kellllog
    Kellllog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Currently UK24 on the bottom and a UK18 on top; I'd love to UK16 on the bottom and a UK12/14 on top
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I just want to look good naked, size don't mean jack crap to me. I can wear a size 3/4 in Juniors, a 16 in little girls, and a 2 in misses but the 2's fit big and I don't like them. I have a few 5/6's in jr's that fit that are made smaller, just depends, there is such a vanity size in clothing that to me, as long as it looks good I don't care the size. I'm pretty close to my goal weight, I'm just working to get that hot sexy naked look lol.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I want to be about 38-40 European which is about 2-4 American. I'm 6 American now. My jeans are still 29 but I'm hoping to get into 27 soon.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    US 4 or 28, 29 (jeans, we're talking jeans here, right?) :blushing: :laugh:

ETA: I'm at 29 or US 8ish, or 7...
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Currently a UK size 18, would love to get back down to a size 12 again.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking a 10. A 12 was the smallest I have been and I was at like 170. Maybe lower if I can get there.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    6-8. I'd really love to go down to a 6. I'm not going to try to fit into a 2 or anything because realistically I am a medium height woman and I should wear medium sized clothes.

5'6" if anyone's wondering. I wear a 12 fairly comfortably right now.

I'm also 5ft, 6in and wear a size 2 jean now (started in a size 14). Never thought about wearing medium sized clothes because of my medium height-that's an interesting way to chose a goal weight/size :)
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would love to get back to around an 8-10. That's where I was when I moved off to college before I started to party and have kiddos. I wouldn't want to be smaller than that, it just doesn't look good on me.
  • vnatural
    Options
    I'd be happy with a size 6. A size 4 would be even more super awesome, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to the 6's.

OP, there are a lot of sizes between a size 2 and "plus sizes" (plus size is generally considered to be a 16 and over for marketing purposes). At what size are you seeing a major difference in price for essentially the same garment? Could part of it be that very small sizes like 2's are the least in demand so they go on sale a lot?

You may be right about the least in demand. I see a lot of women go for size 6 and 8's. The plus size starts to 1x I believe. I can find 16's for jeans in the juniors but since I have...a "bubble butt" lol. They don't fit correctly. I can wear a size 16 or 14 in jeans but they have to be made correctly. Not by these teen brand names with low riders or whatever you call them.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My goal size is the size I wear now: 2 (not a vanity size; vanity size 2s are very loose on me) but they are currently a little snug. I'd like them to loosen up a bit.

BTW - you have different issues when buying a size 2:
    1) Not all stores carry less than a size 6
    2) The stores that do carry less than a size 6 get 1 of each size for an item; so if you aren't there when they first put the clothes out, you are out of luck
    3) You can go shop all day at the mall and come home with nothing b/c of #1 & #2 above

I do a lot of online shopping.

Edit: I'm 5'2"

I can never find 2s and 4s (but I shop mostly at places like TJ Maxx or Marshall's in the States). In Europe, there are way more smaller sized options.

realistically I am a medium height woman and I should wear medium sized clothes.

Like iechick, I find that statement interesting! And, as a tallish woman I would be overweight (for my body) wearing a size 8-10. 4 is good, 2's okay, 0 starts looking popsicle-headish, but that also has to do with my (medium) frame.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

I would like to be back in a size "7" to get into most of my cute clothes and especially my ski bibs. Just got into size 11 yesterday. How exciting! I would be too skinny at a size "5".
  • myprana
    Options
    The goal is a size 4 or under. Anything bigger than that on my 30" inseam legs wouldn't look healthy on me.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Most of my clothes are size 0/24 so that's my goal. Hoping I can get there by May.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I'm happy at my current size 6 as long as I'm a toned size 6...if I could drop to a size 4 I'd be thrilled.