Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Replies

• "You're gorgeous! ...Wait... no. It's just the big boobs."
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Wow are you pretty, you would be gorgeous if you lost 30lbs. NO JOKE. Heard it from an old timer while I was bartending at the local bar.

Same. Exact. Thing. I was also bartending. I cut the guy off the rest of the night :laugh:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    "What would it take for you to swing the other way for one night."

Really?
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    'Dayum, Girl!! You are blessed!! You've got some big ol' ti****s.'

Needless to say, I swooned. Ugh.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    At Uni after answering a question in a tutorial

Classmate 'Wow, you're way smarter than you look'
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Wow, who are you getting these compliments from?

@Mutant13 - You already are, and who gives a damn about your ethnicity.
    @hOw2lozeAgiN1 - A bit of a misogynistic compliment by a blind man. Don't believe him, you already are.
    @_Krys10_ - Is that really a bad compliment? It's a bit of a "rough around the edges" compliment, but a compliment nonetheless. I'm not sure the metaphor really translates well.
    @thistimewillb - Wow, yeah, that one doesn't even classify as a compliment. That is such a passive aggressive statement, bordering on insult.
    @abritton36 - Once again, you already are.

All I have got to say is "WOW"..........who in the hell are these people, and don't they have a brain filter?
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    "You don't look like you weight that much (referencing actual pound)!!"

Wow! *smh*

Yep, this one.
  • jecky74
    jecky74 Posts: 255 Member
    I had lost a lot of weight and was at my lowest weight in YEARS (from size 20 to size 6!). I mentioned to my boyfriend that before me he only liked "skinny girls" hoping for a compliment on my big weight loss. Instead he said "Not anymore, now I like you." I know what he meant but it just showed he didn't consider me one of the "skinny girls".
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member

Really?

I dunno, that might be the best compliment ever.
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    One B**** actually told me that I have nice WIDE child bearing hips.

this all the time. almost every day. from random people.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member

Really?

Aw come on, that's a real compliment! Lol.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Yup the you 'look amazing for having 6 kids'. So what if I had none I'd be hideous?
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member

Really?

*bravo, bravo*

gotten lots of strange compliments on my jewish schnoz. mostly regarding its supposed asymmetry :-/
  • Wow! You look great! I wondered when your husband would get the best of you.
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    I need to marry a dentist/plastic surgeon to fix my face(angry drunk guy) ...... or right after I had my daughter I ran into some girls I went to HS with who commented to my face that I have at least 30 more to go before I look normal again.
  • barbie3000
    barbie3000 Posts: 73 Member
    When I was dating my ex, we ran into his ex-girlfriend at dinner one night. I was friendly, 'cause why not. And then she told me I like like "that chick from Misery." The actress Kathy Bates. Now I have nothing against her as an actress but...!!!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    "If you were thinner you'd have better options than the one you're with." (my dad about my then boyfriend now husband)

"I wish we could put your face on a hot girl's body."
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    "you're cute"

it's the worst
  • Wow! You look great! I wondered when your husband would get the best of you.

And BTW - He's 50 pounds over weight.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    you remind me of Kate Gosslin.. WTF