Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Options

Replies

• Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    "You're pretty thick for a white girl". When I was in the army, from male soldier. I'm from California and "thick" wasn't a good thing yet there. My roomie from the south laughed her butt off at my look of shock.
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    A friend's boyfriend always used to say that I'm not as dumb as I look. Apparently, I was supposed to take that as a compliment to my appearance and just ignore the part that was calling me stupid because no one understand why it pissed me off.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    "You're pretty thick for a white girl". When I was in the army, from male soldier. I'm from California and "thick" wasn't a good thing yet there. My roomie from the south laughed her butt off at my look of shock.

I HATE that phrase! :grumble: Why do guys think it's a good pick-up line?
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    "You're looking thin lately." (Said with a smile as a compliment)

I don't want to look thin, I want to look, and be, strong. :(
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    That I looked like Michael Jackson .-.
    It made me laugh and cringe at the same time.

I'm looking at you, Gustaaf!!! LOLOLLL
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    So many people said to me "You lost so much weight. You look great. Are you sick?" I must have looked great!
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    So many people said to me "You lost so much weight. You look great. Are you sick?" I must have looked great!

I got that one from my mom LOL
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mutant 13
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    "You look kinda cute, too bad you're not white, or you'd be pretty hot."
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    "You look like Monica Lewinsky"
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I had lost a lot of weight and was at my lowest weight in YEARS (from size 20 to size 6!). I mentioned to my boyfriend that before me he only liked "skinny girls" hoping for a compliment on my big weight loss. Instead he said "Not anymore, now I like you." I know what he meant but it just showed he didn't consider me one of the "skinny girls".

That might have been a bumbled attempt at being really sweet. I think he meant that he didn't like ANY other girls anymore because he only has eyes for you.

I agree with Mutant 13
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    "You look kinda cute, too bad you're not white, or you'd be pretty hot."
    Whoa.. That's messed up.
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    You look good now but maybe lost too much in your face :/
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, in the gym.... as I walked into the weight room my trainer wished me a happy birthday. I did my workout, then one of the guys came over and wished me a happy birthday. He asked if I would mind telling him how old I was. So I told him, (41) his response - damn, you are fit for an old girl. My response...umm thanks, to which he responded, well I wouldn't kick you out of bed... My response, you'd never get me in your bed :)

Oh, and I would say that he was at least a year or two older than me.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Friend: "Wow, you look great how much weight have you lost?"
    Me: "O, around 50 lbs!"
    Friend: "Oh my god, that's the size of a small child"
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    From my husband: "You look EXACTLY like your mom from behind. But that's not a bad thing."

Thanks dear, you just won the "stupid crap your husband says" award for the year. :noway:
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, in the gym.... as I walked into the weight room my trainer wished me a happy birthday. I did my workout, then one of the guys came over and wished me a happy birthday. He asked if I would mind telling him how old I was. So I told him, (41) his response - damn, you are fit for an old girl. My response...umm thanks, to which he responded, well I wouldn't kick you out of bed... My response, you'd never get me in your bed :)

Oh, and I would say that he was at least a year or two older than me.

Good for you! He may be older, but it sounds like he still needs to practice on little girls who don't know any better. :drinker:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're really pretty for a big girl.... :grumble:
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    On a date..."You remind me of my mother. I hate my mother." Alrighty then.