Worst compliment you've ever gotten.

Options

Replies

• infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of men who thought they were paying me a compliment by calling me "thick"...
  • m1ke1984
    Options
    people often tell me that they don't think I'm overweight, or THAT overweight. I'm 40lbs overweight! I'm 6 and a half ft tall, so I know it can appear that I am a little thinner than I am, but come on! that's the last thing I want to hear when I am trying to keep myself motivated to lose weight! what are these people going to say when I'm only 10 or 15lbs overweight!
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    I got high with my guy friends once and they confessed that they had been talking about how I'd be really good looking if I was thin (this was when I was a big girl) stuck with me ever since... I felt hurt + flattered at the same time xD
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    From boyfriend: "I wouldnt mind if you got fatter again, you look good fatter."

Oh and this was a good one...

"It is not that you look that much thinner, you just dont have boobs now. Gain ten pounds and you will look like you do now, but with a boob job."

And i have been called meaty, beefy, and sturdy.

Thankssssss....(fack).
  • CorinneyJ
    CorinneyJ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    "Wow...you've become such a pretty adult!"

I must have been one UGLY kid.
  • CorinneyJ
    Options
    I've gotten that, too! I guess we're just good cuts of steak, now.
  • SnowflakeCrusher
    Options
    "I seriously thought you were at least twenty!"
    .........When I was 15.
    Thanks for saying I'll look awful in a few years, considering I age fast? :huh:
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Another person, "You aren't bad looking for a black chick."

I've had something similar said to me as well....:huh:
  • mereditheve
    mereditheve Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Your hair is so pretty... it's so golden... like a... like a golden retriever!

I have to say that's the worst and the best compliment since I fell over laughing at the poor guy....
  • CorinneyJ
    Options
    don't sweat it...i'm loud and a librarian. so, yeah.
  • powellJulie1
    powellJulie1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Your hips are larger then her.....OMG...really...I will stop eating !!! oh yes and well your but is not that big it is your hips...
  • powellJulie1
    powellJulie1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Are you tired ? your face is red? what is wrong with your face? ...( I have no makeup).... Oh you look good normally.... (Ok got the point will never get out of the house with no makeup again)...
  • m1ke1984
    Options
    haha, sat and read through all these posts (including the 20 page thread before it), and i think i'm a little paranoid. my wife called and was telling me about how she's shopping with her sister for her sister's wedding dress. i immediately was reminded about how beautiful my wife looked in her dress when we got married 4yrs ago, but i couldn't bring myself to tell her because i was paranoid from reading this thread that my compliment would come across like she USED TO BE so beautiful. yikes!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Good thing I like big butts!
  • Scampimom
    Scampimom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "It's alright, I *like* big noses"
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    "Awww are these your daughters? THey are so pretty."....nope thats my best friend who's older than me, and my neice who is 10 yrs younger. Guess I looked extra rough that day.
  • aprildaguilar
    aprildaguilar Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    "you have an 8 head not a forehead"
  • jelie3110
    jelie3110 Posts: 433
    Options
    You are too damn happy all the time! (came from an 82 year old patient of mine and she was being very serious)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    The worst? "You look so much better since losing all that weight!" Well hell. I knew I was fat before, but apparently I was ugly too?

The weirdest was probably when I was helping set up for a gig with my band (I played bass) and a woman said I must be the singer because I "have a bluesy face". I... think that was a compliment? I don't know, so I'm going to believe it was.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Your post made me giggle because my husband is nine years older than I am and when we were first dating I looked much younger than I was and he looked his age. When we went to the movies he'd always be charged for an adult and a child. It drove him nuts!