October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a bit late but this looks FUN and MOTIVATING! Can I still join? I'll shoot for 100 miles. That may be too ambitious but I'll learn by trial and error : )

exercise.png
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a bit late but this looks FUN and MOTIVATING! Can I still join? I'll shoot for 100 miles. That may be too ambitious but I'll learn by trial and error : )

exercise.png
    You have 23 days (six are weekend days) to get 100 miles in and your ticker has a bike on it, so I'm assuming you're a biker. It's about 4 miles a day. Piece of cake. You can always start with a lower goal if you want to. Welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    11 miles done today.

exercise.png
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

exercise.png

4 Miles, 45 minutes today. A little slow, but I didn't struggle. :smile:
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Planned to run 2 miles today but it started raining after 1/2 mile, so I turned around and ran home. :grumble: This month isn't going the way it was supposed to!!

exercise.png
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Stair Master 127 Floors = 6.35 miles

exercise.png
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    So, the days are getting much shorter and cooler, but will still push for the usual 1000 miles

01-10: 53.05 miles
    02-10: 51.05 miles
    03-10: 50.25 miles
    04-10: 53.03 miles
    05-10: 36.04 miles
    06-10: 48.55 miles
    07-10: 50.08 miles
    08-10: 57.16 miles
    09-10: 52.04 miles
    October miles: 451.16

YTD miles: 12095
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    (Last 7 days)
    10/3- 30 Miles
    10/4- 32 Miles
    10/7- 30 Miles
    10/8- 30 Miles
    10/9- 30 Miles

Total= 212 Miles
    Goal= 550 Miles
  • DaveGrows
    DaveGrows Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    6.4 miles yesterday!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    :smile: Late getting to my walk today but got in 2.46 for the day now 17.88/ goal 80. It's not flat here where I live in NH so the hills are good for the burn. Will be able to do more distance next week when I get down to Florida for a visit. Giving up foliage and hills for palm trees and beach, not a bad trade.
    @JENNYMCWB - Florida sounds heavenly.....palm trees....beach....umbrella drink....Ahhhhhhhhh *floating off to my happy place* :smile:

@DCMAT - Great quote! And you are really burning up the miles as always! Still very impressed!

@TEAMAMELIA - You are on fire too! Way to go!

@LIESEVANLINGEN - Exactly! You are back in the GREEN so you're on track! Just keep focused on your own finish line. You've GOT THIS!

@SPEEDYF - That's an awesome story!!! I bet you looked FIERCE while you were working out! You have no idea how many people you probably inspire with your workouts. Way to set such a great example. :flowerforyou:

@JENNDESJARLAI - Ease yourself into this and don't overdo it too quickly and get injured. Try to keep doing a little and build up as you get stronger and your body adapts. The 'rule' I've always read in Runner's World magazine is never to increase your weekly mileage total by more than 10% over the previous week. And if you're new to it, doing Run/Walk intervals is an excellent method to slowly build strength and endurance without shocking your body and making it say "Holy cr@p! What's going on? Are they trying to kill me???" :noway::bigsmile: Either devise your own Run/Walk schedule based on your current fitness level or you can check out the great "Couch-to-5K" program (www.c25k.com). There are also phone apps to help you plan and perform your workouts if you're interested. I personally use Endomondo on my Android phone and LOVE that it easily lets me create my own personal custom Interval plans! It beeps at me and tells me, for example "5 minutes, Medium intensity" for my run intervals and "1 minute, Low intensity" for the walking intervals. I have it set up to last up to 60 minutes so I can use it for any distance or time goal less than that. I turn my music on and just go and listen for the audio cues to change my speed. Works outdoors with the GPS and I also use it indoors on the treadmill. I just have to manually enter the distance afterward.

@STEFANIEJO13POINT1GOAL - Welcome back and great couple of days working on getting caught up!!

@CHERIE0622 - Welcome and of course you can join! Got you added and I'll shoot you some info.

@JULIEANN72 - Running in the rain can* actually be enjoyable if you have any warning and can dress appropriately. A baseball cap is great to keep it out of your face and a good, light water-resistant windbreaker is all you need. I love to run in the rain as long as it isn't too cold too. I also love running when it's -15F and snowing as long as it isn't too windy. But then not everyone is as crazy as I am. :bigsmile:

As a group, we've already moved 4,532 miles this month!!!
    smiley-sport015.gif
    Dave
    Darkrider42
  • darkrider42
    Options
    6.4 miles yesterday!

That's great!

Ummm....any chance you were also maybe trying to say you want to join this challenge?? :smile:

Dave
  • sherrytats
    Options
    10/8 - 2.44 mi

Total 16.76 out of goal of 75 miles for October.

Trying for 3 mi tonight. :D
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    10.88 miles biking at lunch...

71.59/200 complete

updating to here...
  • darkrider42
    Options
    10/7 - .99 miles walked
    10/8 - 4.15 miles walked

That .01 mile would have driven me crazy and I would have finished it. LOL.

@TEAMAMELIA - RIIIIIIIGHT?!? :bigsmile: I'm just a tad too OCD to be able to sleep at night if I did that! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

@LINDAGTAYLOR - But please don't take offense....totally not making fun of you. It's us. We're* the crazy ones. lol YOU ARE DOING GREAT!! :flowerforyou:

miyjy0.jpg

Dave
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I ran 9.81 miles this morning. :)

exercise.png
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Rode 10.11 miles on the stationary bike today.

36.87/100
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    10/9/13: worked on some speed training between classes. 1.34 miles.

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

exercise.png

4 Miles, 45 minutes today. A little slow, but I didn't struggle. :smile:

@superfox:
    Who cares about the speed. 4 miles is 4 miles, no matter the speed. You did absolutely great! :glasses:
    Be proud of yourself my friend :drinker:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    @ Dave - I'm coming up on my goal too fast. Could you bump my goal up to 400 for the month? While you're at it, add another 17 miles for today.

Thanks

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    10/7 - .99 miles walked
    10/8 - 4.15 miles walked

That .01 mile would have driven me crazy and I would have finished it. LOL.

miyjy0.jpg

Dave

@ Dave - Love the pick about running past the house three times. :-) I've done it. I have to confess, I'm not big on partial miles anyway. I always round my miles. Today was 17.42 so I rounded down to 17. Last week I had a ride of 12.94 so I rounded up to 13. If you believe the scientific law of averages and you know how to round scientifically, it should all even out and be accurate. So far when I pull up the months miles on the bike computer it's pretty dang close. If I didn't do it that way, that 12.94 would have driven me nuts. I would have turned circles in the driveway until it said 13.0. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: I hate being OCD.