How to deal with a hubby that likes the chubby?

Options

Replies

• prat27
    prat27 Posts: 73
    Options
    Further, some might take offense to this or disagree but my reply is to speak my opinion and not purposely offend someone. It is human nature for males and females alike to be attracted to "fit" mates as it is a barbaric instinct to be attracted to someone who physically appears they will live longer. It is human nature.

Personally I prefer petite fit women some of my friends prefer a rump-shaking booty with curves, but the one thing we all agree on is the we are attracted to women that are not over weight. Its a counter measure in my opinion because they truthfully domt have the confidence to see themselves with a fit woman.

Juss sayin
  • lejla2002
    lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    it's a difficult thing. The most important thing is that you feel confident. Explain to him that you can't feel confident and love him properly if you can't respect and love yourself first.

It's also probably an adjustment thing. He WILL get over it.

He loves you for what's inside, he'll adapt to what's on the outside.

you read my mind!!:smile:
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I've been told by my wife that she misses hugging when it wasn't like hugging a skeleton. She's not wrong, I carried a boatload of fat in the chest & shoulders, and have lost ~10" from that area. She's entitled to that opinion, it's fine. I like not feeling like a rhino.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    just keep up on the kegels and you'll do fine
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    my friend lost a whole person and her hubby hated it so bad, he walked. Shame some people like people for what they look like and not who they are. But, he really and honestly did not like healthy women, he liked them obese.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Lol!!!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    A lot of people dislike change. Even change that is ultimately for the better. The familiar is easy and known.

Parents, friends, husbands, wives.. all sorts of people react poorly to body changes. It's not necessarily a true preference.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Solution - Put on a corset, with some fish net leggings. You are good to go, he wont be begging for change for much longer.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    One day my wife is going to get one of those short mom haircuts. I'm not gonna like it. Gonna have to live with it.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to a post asking for tips on how to be a beard for your hubby that likes the other kind of chubby...

He may really have preferred your face fuller and is having trouble getting used to the change, doesn't mean he doesn't find you attractive and loves you. Sometimes men say stupid stuff. Unless this is a habit of bringing you down, I would not fret too much.
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Being completely honest with you, I am happy that my wife is getting healthy and losing weight but I sure would not want her to get below what she has set as her goal weight. She will still be considered "obese" by the letter of the law for lack of a better term but she will be smoking hot and curvy at the same time.

Personally she is already smoking hot regardless of the weight and she always has turned me on so this is just a bonus.

What is kind of funny is that my goal of dropping the fat and developing a wide back, and huge arms and legs with a small waist is not much of a turn on to her. I hope as I turn the corner and become more muscular she will come around and like it,
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    He says you look good "BUT". (why did he have to put the but) I like you better before. He commented on my face and how he prefers when my cheeks are fuller.

Sounds like did well choosing a life partner.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    One day my wife is going to get one of those short mom haircuts. I'm not gonna like it. Gonna have to live with it.

OMG i promised myself if i ever have kids - i WILL NOT cut my hair short!! Or introduce myself as "Hi my name is Jessica, I am the mother of (enter number of kids here) kids."
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    she will be smoking hot and curvy at the same time.

Just pointing out that one does NOT have to be overweight to be curvy. I was curvy when I was a size 3. It's bone structure, not fat.

Wouldn't you rather she be at a healthy weight and have a longer life than be "curvy"?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

OMG i promised myself if i ever have kids - i WILL NOT cut my hair short!! Or introduce myself as "Hi my name is Jessica, I am the mother of (enter number of kids here) kids."
    My hair has never been shorter than shoulder-length and I am a mom.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Girl, I feel ya on this. I was told tonight by my husband that he can tell I have lost weight but my butt is getting "jiggly" and not so round as it was before. He then went on to tell me that he missed my butt. Wtf, I only lost a fraction of what I want and need to lose but he was being honest. I told him flat out, that doesn't help my confidence and he acted like it was no big deal. I was thinking that I am starting to look good in my jeans and he tells me my butt is looking jiggly. THat sucks. I say whatever, it will get unjiggly soon enough and we need to do what makes us feel good about ourselves and makes us healthy. I went through this before when I lost weight, the more I got skinny he acted like I was wasting away. At least our hubbies loves us no matter what.

Squats and lunges. Fat makes it jiggle. Muscle makes it firm.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it. I'd say he is insecure and is afraid you'll leave if you look nice and others guys will be after you. Just make him secure that you are there for the long haul....hahahaha. That's my 2 cents worth.
  • aklove907
    aklove907 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with this very same thing. I enjoy being curvy, and my man loves me bigger than I am comfortable with. If he had it his way, I would be gaining weight.

I think what is more important is how we feel. If you feel unhealthy, and clothes aren't comfortable, than lose until you feel good. Our men are important in our lives, and we love 'em, but we have to do for ourselves. If our men are not happy with the fact we are happy, then we are with the wrong men.

Also. . . There is a difference between being curvy and being skinny. We can lose weight and actually gain curves.

Keep up the great work!