WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2013

Options

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good day.Went to see my friend Thelma.She crushed her shoulder,they put a pin in it and she is in a sling.
    She fractured her right leg and has a cast up to her thigh.She is all black and blue.She was tickled that we came.
    After our visit one of the ladies took us to Chili`s for lunch.Had a nice visit.
    Tomorrow is busy day.Have my fasting labs in am and see the dr in the pm about this groin/hip pain.
    Will catch up when I return.
    HUGS
    jane
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Susan - how scary! Glad your dad is better

treva - welcome! It's in a way good to see that weight issues are common to everyone and how you deal with them. That, I'm sure, helps your clients an awful lot. I agree with you about the WLS (apologies to anyone who has had it). Vince knows this guy who died from it. I can see the WLS for someone who is maybe 400 pounds but not for someone just 100 pounds overweight. I have a friend who always would complain about how her knees hurt, etc, etc. We went out to eat once and I couldn't get over what she ordered. A tuna melt with lots of french fries, and she ate a good portion of them. Then she had the surgery and again we went out. I couldn't get over how many pills she had to take (and will have to take for the rest of her life). When we were ordering she said "I'll have the salmon since I need my protein". What she really needed was portion control and choosing wisely. The good thing about the surgery is that it forced her to make better choices. But she was complaining about her hair falling out. My feeling is "if God had wanted my stomach to be smaller, He would have made it that way". I was also surprised at how little psychological testing she had. Basically, it seemed to be the doctor asking her if she was sure she wanted it and why she wanted it.

Tina - you go girl! No snacks, that's just fantastic!

Joyce - have fun at Trader Joes. I swear, every time I walk in there, I get this and that and the other thing. Guess it's a good thing that there isn't one close to me....lol

Suzy in DE - I love reading about your weather because one of my daughters is in Kennet Square. For Christmas a few years ago my daughter got me this baking dish, only I really wanted something lighter. Anyway, a while ago it developed a crack and just yesterday I looked at it and thought it was getting bigger. Today after I roasted the spaghetti squash, it broke so I just threw it out. The good thing is that I didn't have to clean the dish....lol

Jessica called earlier, said she'd "overslept" and was leaving VA around noon so she might get here before dinner. I don't know, to me it sounds like there's something more to this than "oversleeping" but its really not that big a deal.

Only did 45 minutes of the deep water because I got to the class late. I stopped at the Humane Society to drop off our aluminum, then went to Bi-Lo. Unfortunately, there was a lady in line in front of me who had a large order, plus it was two different orders, and she wasn't exactly the fastest person on the face of the earth. She kept huffing and puffing. After the class stopped at WalMart to get things, then bought gas, went to Sams to get Babybel (I like that they have the large bags), then home. I roasted 3 spaghetti squashes, I'll have some for dinner tonight. Then started stringing the popcorn. It was a beautiful day today, not breezy at all, so I was able to work out on the deck. I bet Jessica will want to grill tomorrow night, maybe not since we're going to see "And Then There Were None"

Sue in SD - you're making such great progress!

Jane - hope you get a good resolution tomorrow.

Michele in NC
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Getting in the Halloween spirit:indifferent: I think this guy looks like a ghost.. Just hung black and orange garland in the dining room in preparation for my Dad's Halloween themed birthday party next week. Have to start getting it together because I have to do it by myself...the men in my family are not helpful, sometimes DH is, but only when I tell him specifically what to do. So anyway I have to order the cake if I don't bake one...carrot cake. I have a great recipe but it doesn't have the cream cheese frosting, and, I want it to be decorated with pumpkins and a scarecrow. Then I have to tidy up my DD#2's bedroom because she will be coming in for the party, thank goodness, she's IS helpful and enjoys entertaining. So this is my plan, everyone was asked to bring a family photo that has my dad in it, we'll drink some, then I am going to have a buffet. My brother's girlfriend is vegan so I will have a snap peas and tofu salad with red bell peppers and edemame in an Asian dressing. Citrus Grilled salmon on skewers, grilled chicken on skewers with peanut sauce, a Ceasar salad, green beans(maybe as an option), and homemade macaroni and cheese...with really good cheese. Don't know why I put that on the menu, but thought it was good as a hot dish and who doesn't like macaroni and cheese??? Maybe scalloped corn casserole? As appetizer, a taco bean dip yummm. Dessert will be cake and ice cream. Hagen-Daz. I might change the menu if I come up with any better ideas. Might have cheese puffs for an app as well. Want everything to be ready so I am not overwhelmed. Can I make a mac and cheese and bake it then reheat in oven or will it dry out? I Want the cheese to be fabulous.

Heather---what cheeses should I use? You probably know the most flavorful cheese... so that everyone will say, wow! this mac and cheese is divine! Oh! Yummy!

Sue in SD - how about using one of those wall paper steamers? Pretreat with some sort of spray. I did it and what a mess! took a lot of elbow grease. Sometimes it came off easily, other times I had to fight with it! Yes, a good arm work-out!

Treva- howdy! You have found and great group of gals here, soooo supportive and welcoming. I actually stumbled on mfp. How did you learn about the site? I love it and it has been a blessing for me! I read the thread every night and post my calories, like an addiction :ohwell:

Michelle- What is deep water exercise and do you use floaties? I know that sounds weird, but treading water in and of itself is a workout! Just thought maybe you used floatable stuff in the deep water. Also, you are stringing popcorn for the birds or for decorating? I thought I would serve a big bowl of popcorn at my Dad's party. Maybe hang some apples just for fun reminiscent of that bite the apple game at Halloween parties. BTW, thanks for mentioning my Dad. He did go to exercise class and is ok today. Not 100%, but doing what he can.
    Sending greetings to everyone!!!
    Susan
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Whoops! I have to fess up. I had a cheese binge yesterday evening.:sad: :sad: :noway:

DH was watching the soccer upstairs and we had shared a bottle of red wine. Ooooopppppps!
    I was all alone and a bit tipsy. So I sneaked off to the fridge, tiptoeing so he wouldn't hear me. 4 times! :cry: :embarassed: :frown:
    I think I just felt like having a rebellion. I have been so good I was up for a self sabotage. :devil: :devil: :huh:

That was yesterday. Today is another day. Today we are having a grocery delivery from my favourite store, Waitrose. Any minute now. I love the sea salt and rosemary mini focaccias. Good job they are mini!

I am working on forgiving myself for yesterday. I think I was fed up with being the strong one. DH is still panicking, but was snoring at 7 this morning. :grumble: :noway: :grumble:

Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    morning ladies, beautiful start to the day here, another lb lost,and have a load of laundry in and will get my clothes on and go to the gym,having my warm lemon water,my heel really hurts so will ice that before I go to the gym.. visiting a good friend of mine this afternoon and she owns a boat so her and her SO, and DH and I are taking an afternoon boatride down to a little bar ,maybe have some dinner, we shall see.. having a few issues at the house here , I guess from what our neighbor said they had 10 inches of rain in 3 days, and we have a hole in the ceiling right above where I am sitting ,that needs to be fixed, my bike we have down here we made the mistake of leaving it in the shed, so the chain fell off and the gears are rusted. so I dont know if it is worth it to fix or not we got them awhile ago off of craigs list..
    well off to check the laundry and to the gym.. will check in later.
    ps -my darn fit bit will not sync with this computer and I am ticked , the only reason I know I got over 10,000 steps yesterday is because it jiggled when it got to that...
  • tazgirl1960
    tazgirl1960 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning Ladies! The weather is so BEAUTIFUL , I may have to finally turn off the A/C (boy would my Hubby be doing the Happy Dance). Very busy day today, need to finish cooking meals for my Dad, only 25 more to go. Then sewing, sewing, sewing, Christmas is coming way too fast, and I am way behind.

On the food note I lost a little, but not near what I want to, so discouraged today, then woke up hungry and wanted to just bake, bake, bake sweets :devil: Man Oh Man I am such a stress/comfort food eater:sad: gets me into a lot of trouble. But this too shall pass. (I hope so).:frown:

T-Gal--My Brother is retired from the Navy, we are originally from Miami, used to go to the Keys quite a bit. My son is Army, My Daughter's Hubby Air Force, My Dad Army, and my Kids Dad (don't care for word Ex) is retired Air Force, can understand alot of moving around.

Heather UK--Boy I understand those going to the Fridge (several times) feeling, I am trying to do something else when I have those feelings, but it is so HARD.

Michele--No Snacks is a very very hard thing to do, I'm working on it.

Jane--Hope your friend heals soon.

Tina in Florida :flowerforyou:
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! It is a beautiful Saturday morning in North Georgia. Today is my grandmother's 100th birthday (she is celebrating in heaven). I am going to celebrate by walking the Kickin' Cancer 5K and by starting the strength training program in the book Strong Women Stay Slim. Barbie recommended Strong Women Stay Young. This one is by the same author but focuses on weight loss. The program is slightly different and is done 3 times a week. I think the reason I put down the weights before is that they were just too heavy for me to begin. I'm going to start with 1/2 liter water bottles in each hand and work my way up. I've ordered a set of 2, 3 and 5 lb weights from Amazon. When they get too light I'll order some heavier ones, but that will probably be awhile.

Grandma lived to 84. My mother is now a beautiful, healthy 80 year old. Unfortunately, I inherited the tendency to be chubby from the other side of the family.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Susan - in England we generally use strong cheddar for mac and cheese. I would use extra strong because you need less!
    I don't think a baked one would heat up again well. I would get it all assembled and ready to go the day before and put it in the oven at the last minute.
    :flowerforyou:
    Organic chicken for dinner tonight. I will try to concoct some lemony gravy to go with it. Herbs and garlic. Loads of veg. New potatoes for DH.

My email has gone haywire on my tablet after an update. I will have to take the application off and reload it I think. Hate all that stuff. DH's pillow radio has arrived and is charging. Saturday papers to read. Don't know why I feel so blah.:frown: :indifferent:

Love to all, Heather. Hampshire in the south of England UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had a distressing call from DD last evening. She’s overwhelmed with responsibilities at home and work these days. Her husband doesn’t do his share and she’s getting very tired. It seems that insurance will not help with their roof after all, and she’s had to take on a lot of extra responsibility at work because her supervisor has been away with family and/or personal problems. DD will have to work this out on her own, and I’ll listen and encourage as much as I can. Life in Boulder County is undoubtedly stressful for a lot of people these days, and stress takes its toll. DD is in a helping profession and gives her help to others all the time. She needs help and support, too. I have her in my prayers.

Michele & Treva: I agree that weight loss surgery is a mistake for almost everyone. Years ago we had a younger friend who had it and lost a well over a hundred pounds, possibly closer to 150 or 200. Ultimately she gained it back. She was from an obese family. Dad and stepmom were both morbidly obese. I think biological mom was too. She didn't have good role models. Long-term success for everyone depends upon portion control, and surgery does not help a person learn how to make healthy choices day in and day out, during good times and hard times.:noway:

Heather: Being the strong one gets old, and a little rebellion now and then allows for some pressure release. Rebellion using food can be a slippery slope if it becomes a habit but your habits seem excellent.:flowerforyou:

Tina in FL: Having no snacks seems too much to ask. Plan them in and stay under your calorie goal. I sometimes “buy” extra food by exercising. It hasn’t hurt my long-term success and gives me flexibility. I’ve never felt deprived during this whole lifestyle change. I haven't felt hungry very often, either. In fact, I'm amazed at how well this approach works for me. Luckily, DH is doing this with me and we’re both getting healthier.:smile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

October goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
    3. Drink at least 4 glasses of water daily.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    Hello to all:

Grandmallie: I have a fitbit one and really like it but I have problems with it not syncing every once in a while. I think it is when they make updates. Then I have to uninstall the program and reinstall. Then a window will come up that says sync now. After that it seems to work for a while again.:smile:

Our local community theater is putting on Sleepy Hollow this week so I think DH and I will probably try to take that in. It is a musical version.

Cool here, high in the 60s today so pulled out one of my sweatshirts. I love sweatshirt weather!:heart:

Everyone have a lovely weekend. Healing angels to those who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    A few replies just running out of time

Rita
    Poor puppy. Glad he came out ok. Hope I never have to move been here 42 years can you imagine trying to move ouch.

Jane
    Have a great day

Katla
    Pizza finds a way to our hips.
    Scale and measuring would be fine if function was at home. But niece and nephew are treating us old folks tonight.
    I was in charge of dessert so i'm bringing two apple pies from the grocery store. I'm not baking and dieting to.

Heather
    Your doctor sounds like mine. But I have a real good nurse practioner.

Sylvia
    Take care of that ticker don't over work it.

Jill
    Great you left the munchies for others. Good will power.

Suzy
    Nice that you found time for exercise. But logging your food is very important.

Joyce
    I'm going on 65 my nurse practioner talked to me about gastric bypass I know i'm overweight but not enough to go for bypass. If I can lose another 50 lbs i'm sure i'd feel great. So I told her i'd do it my way. It's my way or the highway.

Sue
    Taking wall paper off with a spray bottle of water and some kind of clothes softener goes good. Spray let sit a bit and scrape off.

Pat
    Put a note on your banana's not for morning use. I like moose meat. Hopefully son will get one and share some with us.

Grandmaille
    Nice that your enjoying your holiday or are you a snow bird there for the winter

Tina
    I'm of your opinion also it's a heck of a struggle.

Jane
    Hope your doctors appointment goes well today.

Michele
    Enjoy your daughters visit no matter when she shows up.

Well that is as far as I took notes before it was time to go watch the little lad on the ice. He will be 5 on the 24 of Oct..
    Well so far a great day and wii gave me a loss again today making it 3 days in a row. I don't have a reason to come to town tomorrow morning to weight in. But hope to see a loss come Monday. Going to stick to the turkey and salad tomorrow. But how do I leave the mashed potatoes and gravy. I know I will have cranberries if they have them. lol. Lots of times they forget those.
    Great food day so far today.

Linda from beautiful Northern Ontario.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It is beautiful here this morning. We were supposed to have storms overnight, but they never happened. Hubby and I went to the pool this morning. The water was great, but maybe a little warmer than I prefer. Still, it felt good, and we had it all to ourselves.

I ate like a pig yesterday, so this morning I didn't even weigh myself. Scared to see. I had Steak last night cooked on my George Foreman grill. It was a little bigger than I needed. I thought I would save half, but between me and the dogs we finished it all. And I found some french fries at the grocery store that had very low sodium, so I baked a big pan of those and ate quite a few. Plus, watermelon. I figured it was the last one I would find this season, and it was so good and sweet! Kept me up a lot during the night going to the bathroom, though.

All this talk about gastric bypass has me thinking about my mother. When she was in her 50's, she had some stomach problems. The doctors decided that her stomach muscle had atrophied or something, so they removed her stomach, creating a thumb sized pouch to take it's place. She had been 200 pounds or so, so they thought she could stand to lose a little anyway. So, things went fine, she lost a lot of weight and in her later years was downright skinny. Then, in her early 70's she had a knot in her intestines and they had to remove several feet of intestine. After that she could not absorb any nutrients, what with no stomach and very little intestine, and she essentially starved to death. She weighed 69 pounds. As she lay dying in the nursing home she pulled me down to whisper in my ear "Don't ever let them cut you!" Meaning weight loss surgery. So, I was reluctant to do anything like that. Now that I have found MFP I don't need to.

Have a great weekend.

Sylvia
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Well, I came in second place in my age group with a time of 54:30 in the kicking cancer 5k. Dave took first in his age group with a time of 55:30. There were several people who finished behind us, so it wasn't too embarrassing. One happened to be in my age group so I didn't win second totally by default for just showing up. She took third. We had a good time, and it was for a good cause. The overall female winner came through the finish line twice before the last of the walkers. I think her time for the whole 5K was about 20 minutes.

We're doing another tomorrow afternoon to benefit a little seven year old who just had a heart transplant and another at the end of the month to benefit the animal shelter. So now we have a time to try to beat.

I'm doing another one at the math conference Thursday, but I don't think there are age groups. It's more of a fun run/walk.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Well, I came in second place in my age group with a time of 54:30 in the kicking cancer 5k. Dave took first in his age group with a time of 55:30. There were several people who finished behind us, so it wasn't too embarrassing. One happened to be in my age group so I didn't win second totally by default for just showing up. She took third. We had a good time, and it was for a good cause. The overall female winner came through the finish line twice before the last of the walkers. I think her time for the whole 5K was about 20 minutes.

We're doing another tomorrow afternoon to benefit a little seven year old who just had a heart transplant and another at the end of the month to benefit the animal shelter. So now we have a time to try to beat.

I'm doing another one at the math conference Thursday, but I don't think there are age groups. It's more of a fun run/walk.

You are doing amazing things! Congratulations to you and your DH.
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies! What a gorgeous Saturday we are having!

I slept through my early morning meeting today. I guess I was tired because I usually am up and drinking coffee well before the alarm should go off. Oh, well.

Today I have to bake treats for a memorial service reception tomorrow afternoon. The service is for a former church and community choir member. He met w/ the choir director before he passed and planned the entire service. He will be remembered with lots of music, beautiful readings and lots of laughter/tears. Willis was a wonderful gentleman. My treats will be all gluten free, of course, which is the only reason I am baking! We do have other people in our church who are struggling with the same gluten issues, but I seem to be the only one willing to contribute to events like this. That is not a blame-filled statement, just a truthful statement. It does mean, however, that I will have to be super-vigilant to keep myself out of the treats tonight!

Jane- OW! I don't know what your friend did to hurt herself so badly, but OW! Prayers for a quick and complete recovery and rehab.

Katiebug- Congratulations on the race results! I am impressed with anyone who can and does do benefit walk/runs. Keep up the good work!

The other thing I need to do today is get my best friend's birthday present over to her. She is leaving on Monday for a trip to, I think, Seattle for a convention, and I bought her a bracelet to go with her Mardi Gras themed outfit. Hope she likes it.

OK- time to get off the computer and out into the world. I will check back in later.

Pat (Phoo)
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi to all. Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbors up north! Yesterday I ran around like crazy so no time to post much. Went to friends’ for dinner; they always eat very low fat and their son is diabetic, so they know the carb count for everything so that was a benefit.

Today is our 17th anniversary and we are going out to dinner. I’ll be good I promise!

Sandy: so sorry your mother’s death is causing such heartache. How is it that the family has to pay if her estate can’t? I didn’t think the family would be obligated.

Joyce; I can identify with being the nurse-caregiver!

Katla: wow you have been married 43 years??? I can’t imagine! It’s hard to listen when your kids are stressed and all you can (and should) do is provide that ear!

Linda: your attitude is so positive I love it! Did I miss your anniversary? Happy dance for you!

Barbie: do you have to change your route because the dogs don’t get along with other dogs?

Grandmallie: that’s a lot of steps!

Gail: great information!

Michele: maybe my crockpot is cursed? Your ribs sound delicious!

Joyce; I like the flaxseed tortilla chips at Trader Joes

Susan: goodness that must have been scary! I’m glad ot hear dad is feeling better now. I don’t nibble because you are right; those little nibbles add up fast!

Treva: welcome! I’m sorry to hear about your health problems. I agree with Michele about WLS; I think it can be a lifesaver for some but if you can get by without (any type of ) surgery, I ‘d try it!

Taz: that was a victory!

Anamika: nice to see you again. I type a short note first then go back and forth between word and mfp so I can read a post and respond to it then.

Sylvia: nehi soft drinks???? I haven’t seen those in years and years. I used to love them. Sorry to hear about your mom’s last days.

Kevrit: oh your poor little doggie! That must have been so funny. Good thing she wasn’t hurt.

Jane: you are such a good friend! I’m sure Thelma appreciates your visits

Heather: hope you have a wonderful trip. Can’t wait to hear all about it. Next time you have a cheese and red wine binge, call me. I will get on the next flight over. You won’t have to worry about the extra calories because I’ll eat them all first!

Jill: away from munchies “most of the time” is a victory to me

Suzy: I love kitchen stuff!!!

Sue: glad to hear your exercising is going well

Pat; I have a good boullaibaise recipe but it’s not very healthy. I’ll send it to you if you like. I’m sure you could alter it but it has sausage, lots of seafood, chicken, etc.

Tgal: I love Key West. It is my favorite place in the world. I’ve been there several times.

Michele: glad you had a good day. Sounds great I just tried the babybel cheese and loved it. I avoided it before because I thought it was a cheese product

Dr. Katie: congrats on the race!

OK girls back to the NE game. Enjoy the day. Take care Meg from fall-ish OMaha
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Katla - sorry your DD is having a hard time. They know we are there for them. I hope her stress improves.

Dr katiebug- well done on the 5k. You have inspired me to look up a website for one near me. With my knee I really don't know, but I'm tempted especially as it's for a children's hospice.

Meg- before MFP I used to have a "cheese orgy" every Christmas with the kids, when I was a lone mum. It was my favourite part of Christmas! I used to buy the smelliest, runniest cheeses I could find. One year I swear one of the cheeses could have walked out of the door on its own. Utterly delicious! Now DH can't bear the smell so I have to stick to tiny portions that I can eat up in one go.

My friend whose best friends killed themselves seems to be coping. She texted me today to say she was seeing her psychotherapist on Monday. She hasn't seen him in ages, but he used to be her rock. Good move. I do really love her. I have known her since I was 10 and seen everything she has gone through. :love: :heart:

I rang my son and DDIL has had a stomach bug, DGS has a chest infection and may have asthma, but otherwise they are managing with their new life! It is hard going from one child to two. Especially after a caesarean. Next week DS goes back to work , so the other grandparents are doing Monday, childminder for DGS Tuesday and Wednesday, DS again Thursday and us on Friday. I expect DGS is dying to see DH. I have a beautiful video of the two of them dancing to a music box. It brings tears to the eyes.

I am trying to get DH to visualise me in his heart when I am physically somewhere else. He likes the idea. I am always there loving him. He can contact me any time by mobile. Or skype. I find visualisation easy, but I don't think he does. I am working on it with him. When you were left in a cot in a nursing home as a baby - left by your mother and separated from your twin, it must be scary to be left alone. I see that little baby , so scared and alone. Love him.:heart::heart:

He went out picking the last of the blackberries today.

Heather in Hampshire UK
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Meg, wishing you and your husband a Happy 17th Anniversary enjoy your night out:drinker:

Wishing everyone else well and congradulations to all our achivers, running , weight training, etc....

Well have to get back to cooking and packing, we are meeting DD and her family at the cottage for our Thanksgiving Day get together, best place to be we can go for a nice walk with colours all around, just love the fall

Juanita in sudbury
  • puzzler57
    Options
    Hi All, I am new to myfitnesspal. I turned over a new leaf on Sept 1 and have lost 6 lbs as of today (10/12) I decided I could use the encouragement of other people as I work to continue losing fat (cuz yes, that's what I have to lose!) My goal for October is to gradually add back in some exercise. The hard part of fitting that into my schedule is working well over 40 hrs a week and taking a 4 credit class. Any suggestions welcome! Also, what do you suggest I explore and use on the myfitnesspal site? Meanwhile I encourage all of you to stick to your healthy eating plan for the coming week. Signed puzzler57 Wisconsin
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome puzzler. We all started at the very beginning.

I did it!!!!! I finally made my 10 miles within the 60 minutes before the bike shuts itself off. Now I wish I could have done it before the 58 minutes when I am supposed to be doing a 2 minute cool down. But I just continued the cool down after the bike shut off. I wish I knew how to reprogram the bike so it wouldn't shut down but I use the manual setting. The programs always seem to have interval training. Renee, wellness manager, said for now not to try to do any interval training for now. But I knew I had to pedal faster.

Joyce