BODY LOTION & WEIGHT GAIN

Options
I just read about a diet program (a variation of the HCG diet) that discourages people from using body lotion as adds to their extra calorie intake?!?!?! Something about the HCG "putting your body in a state of lypolysis and is searching for fat to burn. It will pull the oil in the lotion right through your skin."

So if you're not losing weight, ditch the body lotion.

Replies

• mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh!!!! thats my problem!! jeeze mate, all this time i thought it was the chocolate i ate while sitting on my butt watching biggest loser!!
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I haven't laughed this hard since someone wrote they got masculine arms after 5 gym visits. :laugh:
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    . It will pull the oil in the lotion right through your skin."

Um, it may be true (unlikely though), but it sounds like a load of crapola... Just saying...
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    It's true people!!! This is the same reason no one should ever use soap. It's soakes into the skin and adds on the pounds.
  • lieladp
    lieladp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    And, the reason why you won't starve on the diet is:

"Because HCG releases your fat reserves, your body begins to “consume” the fat, which acts as a source of energy in place of food. In essence, you burn about one pound of fat each day (one pound is 3,500 calories). Therefore, your total consumption each day will be about 4,000 calories – 500 from food and 3,500 from fat. That is why most patients do not experience extreme hunger while using HCG."

Are you counting your fat consumptIon calories yet?
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It's true people!!! This is the same reason no one should ever use soap. It's soakes into the skin and adds on the pounds.

That explains all the stinkers in public transit- they're just trying to lose some weight!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    *puts on tinfoil hat*
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    hoorah, Im giving up the diet and exercise and just gonna throw away that baby oil! thanks
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    And, the reason why you won't starve on the diet is:

"Because HCG releases your fat reserves, your body begins to “consume” the fat, which acts as a source of energy in place of food. In essence, you burn about one pound of fat each day (one pound is 3,500 calories). Therefore, your total consumption each day will be about 4,000 calories – 500 from food and 3,500 from fat. That is why most patients do not experience extreme hunger while using HCG."

Are you counting your fat consumptIon calories yet?

No, the reason most people don't experience extreme hunger on this diet is because the shot they give is loaded with long last appetite suppressants.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It places the lotion in the basket.
  • mumof5
    Options
    just had a shower...im trying to log the coco butter i put on but i cant find it in the food list...can anyone help?
  • mumof5
    Options
    oh, i guess while im at it i should log the soap.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    and don't forget this warning too...
    Shampoo Warning !
    When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,
    "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME."
    No wonder I have been gaining weight!
    Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Fairy Liquid instead. Its label reads,
    "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."
    Problem solved!

:)
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I thought it was going to be b/c of xenoestrogens or something like that. There were incidents of young boys growing breasts b/c of the level of xenoestrogens in certain shampoos. They say truth is stranger than fiction, but finding truth out there is getting hard to do.
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I found that when I stopped using shampoo that added body and volume, I lost some weight. I tried to not let it run down my body for a while, but that really hurt my neck......
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Seriously? :huh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think I just became dumber reading this thread.....
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Shampoo Warning !
    When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,
    Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Fairy Liquid instead. Its label reads,
    Problem solved!

HAHAHAHA!!! Good one! :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i used to take olive oil baths until I discovered that the olive oil leaking into my skin is what made me gain 50 pounds....
  • mumof5
    Options
    Shampoo Warning !
    Problem solved!

LMFAO!!!!!!! all my problems solved in one little visit to the forums!!