BODY LOTION & WEIGHT GAIN

Options

Replies

• scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My dad say body lotion make fat. My father is biochemist.
    If u think im a joke, or not real, imagine Im euro style. Turns out its a fact idiot,
    im croatia, now at north america. So my tastes, info, and thoughts have backing. Enjoy life my man.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Still going? I'm ready to rock the party.
    7278f937f8af0f49a73f5574dc7000f94345e1cc1b85fbb00a0e219e.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I just read about a diet program (a variation of the HCG diet) that discourages people from using body lotion as adds to their extra calorie intake?!?!?! Something about the HCG "putting your body in a state of lypolysis and is searching for fat to burn. It will pull the oil in the lotion right through your skin."

So if you're not losing weight, ditch the body lotion.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh my, what will they come up with next. The only thing that makes us gain weight is what we ingest, and I have yet to know anyone who eats body lotion.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well...this explains my facefat then!!!111!! Its totally because I use a homemade sugar and olive oil scrub!!! zomgs!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what planet is this?

OP is from Mars, the rest of us are from Earth....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    thats why I only use whipping cream

and that is why we should be friends...ASAP
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    and don't forget this warning too...
    Shampoo Warning !
    When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and Printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,
    "FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME."
    No wonder I have been gaining weight!
    Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Fairy Liquid instead. Its label reads,
    "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."
    Problem solved!

:)

This takes the prize.

I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Thanks,
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Someone's going to make a killing when they come out with fat-free, low carb, gluten-free, vegan body lotion. Mark my words...
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just read about a diet program (a variation of the HCG diet) that discourages people from using body lotion as adds to their extra calorie intake?!?!?! Something about the HCG "putting your body in a state of lypolysis and is searching for fat to burn. It will pull the oil in the lotion right through your skin."

So if you're not losing weight, ditch the body lotion.

Hey OP, just because it is on the internet does not mean it is true. Just saying....

According to the State Farm commercial it is.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I wasn't gonna click...but it's like wreck...I couldn't stop staring...then I clicked

:huh: :huh: :huh: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    This is the reverse osmosis of wrapping oneself in Saran Wrap, black plastic garbage bags and duct tape in order to lose weight.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Yup. My mom has done that stupid diet I don't know how many times. She does the homeopathic sublingual drops, so she's not even getting the pregnant woman pee injections, so really, she might as well just wad up her cash, throw it in the toilet, and flush. She's also lost tons of muscle because of this dumb "diet" and doing all cardio, all the time, with no strength training. Real smart for a woman in her mid-fifties. :huh:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm too tired to spoon yogurt into my face so I'll just stick my hand in it and absorb it, instead.

Tried this with my coffee. It hurted. :cry:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    so what you're saying is it's all Bath & Body Works fault that I gained weight! not the ice cream, fast food and loaded nachos i used to eat.
  • ea101367
    ea101367 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Anything you put on your skin is obsorbed into your body. Our skin is pourous so it can enter your blood stream as well.
    Paben free sunscreens, warnings about deet on children,women on hormone replacement should avoid lotions with soy.
    Now as to wheter or not these cause weight gain? It's true the HCG diet recommends you use moisturizers that do not contain edible oils as it will affect your weight loss . I foolishly bought in to the HCG craze and gave it a go. I did find if I used any conditioner or body lotion with edible oils my weight loss stalled.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    the pregnant woman pee injections

Say what?

I'm really just in this for the Buffalo Bill gif's, but I do agree w/ the poster about parabans in lotions and sunscreens soaking into your skin.

I had problems with a steroid cream I was prescribed for a severe case of eczema once. It was probably helped along into my bloodstream b/c I had nasty cracks in my hands from the eczema. In my head I was convinced it was stalling my weight loss and when I stopped it, I started to lose again. All in my head, who knows? I was just happy to get off of it b/c it didn't work that well. What did help was to slather on olive oil and wear gloves over my hands. My skin must have liked that, it got better and no weight gain- hip hip hooray for MUFA's!
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    http://gawker.com/5704496/exciting-new-diet-craze-pee-injections

To think when I was pregnant I could have been selling my pee!
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    OK girls!!! Here's the truth!

I weighed myself this morning.

Then I took a shower with conditioner (no shampoo today, sorry) and next put lotion on.

I weighed myself again and was 3 pounds heavier!!

After that, I blow dried my hair and finished up my morning routine. Obviously this is FACT, not FICTION. You really ARE heavier after you shower and after you put lotion on!

wut.gif

Best gif *EVER*
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    OK girls!!! Here's the truth!

I weighed myself this morning.

Then I took a shower with conditioner (no shampoo today, sorry) and next put lotion on.

I weighed myself again and was 3 pounds heavier!!

After that, I blow dried my hair and finished up my morning routine. Obviously this is FACT, not FICTION. You really ARE heavier after you shower and after you put lotion on!

wut.gif

Best gif *EVER*

Agreed.