help me decide what sport for my son...

Options
1235»

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't know. What does HE want?

He's 3. He wants his mommy, he wants to play and he wants to be clothed and fed and has high hopes of wiping his own *kitten* one day.

i'm not sure buying a donkey for his son is an option at this point.

i wonder, is there such a thing as donkey timeshares though?

What kind of ridiculous question is that?! This is America, OF COURSE THERE IS!!!
  • boystennismom
    boystennismom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hum, very interesting post. I have two boys that are tennis players and live at a tennis academy with my younger. Older is sophomore in college (D3 full ride) because he loves the school had lots of D1 choices. Younger is a senior and will play D1 for sure. I would tell you it is a HUGE commitment I've seen lots of kids do really well but end up quitting because they get burned out. If I could do it again I would pick golf for sure. His height would be a huge asset in golf! My experience would be let him play everything and focus on one thing about 12 or 13. Playing all sports makes you a better athlete than only playing one.

If you're hoping for a professional proceed with caution you can give your kids every opportunity but it comes down to all them later. If they don't really want it, it won't happen. Tennis parents are crazy thinking their child is the next Federer and going to support the family. The things I've seen travelling with my boys to tournaments is crazy.

Good Luck!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Crap! My daughter is already 2 1/2. Is it too late for me to start her on a training regimen? She likes running around, splashing in the bathtub and scooting around on her little bicycle. I was thinking triathlete. She also likes kicking the soccer ball around, so maybe soccer or place kicker? I was hoping she'd make up her own mind, but she can be so indecisive.

_noob_, I didn't realize people in TX knew that anything but football existed. Please forgive my ignorance. I'd say push him toward baseball and football. Make sure he majors in marketing or management (maybe both) in college so if the pro thing doesn't work out he can always become an agent.
  • Lacrossedad
    Lacrossedad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My son plays U13 lacrosse and loves it. He has played since 2nd grade. But if its a scholarship you are looking for...highly unlikely! It's extremely rare for anyone to get a full scholarship in lacrosse. The top teams have MAYBE one player on full scholarship any given year, and that's only for the very best of players. I believe Kyle Harrison was on only a half scholarship when he was a senior. When you have less than 13 scholarships to give out and 45 guys on a team there's not much room to give out full rides.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    hes only gonna be like 6'5"? that's unacceptable. its never too early to inject him with growth hormones..maybe get him up to 7 feet, 7 foot 2 if you find a really good doctor.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    My son plays U13 lacrosse and loves it. He has played since 2nd grade. But if its a scholarship you are looking for...highly unlikely! It's extremely rare for anyone to get a full scholarship in lacrosse. The top teams have MAYBE one player on full scholarship any given year, and that's only for the very best of players. I believe Kyle Harrison was on only a half scholarship when he was a senior. When you have less than 13 scholarships to give out and 45 guys on a team there's not much room to give out full rides.

And hopefully, Canadians are gonna snap up a big % of those available scholarships in the next few years. :bigsmile:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I don't know. What does HE want?

He's 3. He wants his mommy, he wants to play and he wants to be clothed and fed and has high hopes of wiping his own *kitten* one day.

LMAO
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    LACROSSE all the way!
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options

And hopefully, Canadians are gonna snap up a big % of those available scholarships in the next few years. :bigsmile:

My daughters Lacrosse academy here in Edmonton AB travels to the States every year, and there have been a number of boys given scholarships... It's awesome to see it expanding here.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    My daughters Lacrosse academy here in Edmonton AB travels to the States every year, and there have been a number of boys given scholarships... It's awesome to see it expanding here.

lisal120.... also posted in your NLL thread from way back... here....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/904949-anybody-follow-the-nll-lacrosse

Would be nice to get anyone who is interested in lacrosse posting in that thread.

2013StealthLogo2-e1376595462502.jpg
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    has high hopes of wiping his own *kitten* one day.
    Is he called "Frankenstein"? Does he like rum and Yoo-hoo? Like Rumpelstiltskin?
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    MMA, sign him up for early baby fights by the age of 4, he'll be pro fighting allistair overeem by the age of 12

edit: wizard above me^

i am an MMA fighter and let me tell you, being and MMA fighter is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, MMA parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off. zuk mah dik op zuk mah dik.