Replies

• Jennical
    Jennical Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Helpful thread. Thanks
  • sarah_lou22
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat.

No, not this either. Where is all the broscience coming from today?

This True. My dad biochemist

Your dad is a biochemist. You are not.
    You also don't seem to understand the concept of weight. 1lb is 1lb. Doesn't matter if it is fat, muscle, feathers, or lead.
    Now, if the OP had said she is not losing weight, but her clothes are loser, then you could have said "Muscle is denser than fat, so when you lose a lb of fat, and add on a lb of muscle at the same time, you weight the same, but are now smaller"...but that is not what she said.

i not able to be biochemist because only 14! do you know 14 biochemist idiot

how many 14 yo do I know that have full beards... none.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat.

No, not this either. Where is all the broscience coming from today?

This True. My dad biochemist

Your dad is a biochemist. You are not.
    You also don't seem to understand the concept of weight. 1lb is 1lb. Doesn't matter if it is fat, muscle, feathers, or lead.
    Now, if the OP had said she is not losing weight, but her clothes are loser, then you could have said "Muscle is denser than fat, so when you lose a lb of fat, and add on a lb of muscle at the same time, you weight the same, but are now smaller"...but that is not what she said.

i not able to be biochemist because only 14! do you know 14 biochemist idiot

how many 14 yo do I know that have full beards... none.

if you think that me you think i am ugly *kitten*. my father not letting me put picture of myself on world to see

So why'd you choose a pic with such an ugly kid in it, idiot?
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Forget losing pounds for a second... are you tracking your progress in other ways? Measurements, how clothes fit, progress photos?

Because you can entirely change your body without dropping one ounce. You might want to do more strength training than 30 Day Shred, though. It's an ok place to start if you're new to exercise, but it might not be enough of a challenge if you're in decent shape.

lift_zps18787f0c.jpg

This is awesome, I love how your pictures show what lifting weights can do for your apperance. It is NOT all about the number. You look great BTW
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds eating pizza and ice cream. Weight loss has nothing to do with the type of food you're eating. Period.

trust me it does! hence why people on raw high carb diets have to eat like 2000 calories minimum and will still lose weight

i lost 95 pounds in just under a year eating flaming hot cheetos, ice cream, french fires, and whatever else i wanted, as long as i maintained a deficit.

Aaaaand your legs look awesome. :-D

Why would anyone want to only eat 2000 calories of raw high carbs? That's a diet, not a lifestyle.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Don't worry, I drink loads of water. I just don't track it. But it's def. enough.
    I think I might be a bit high in sodium but a lot of UK entries have incorrect data for sodium, so it's a bit meaningless tracking it. (it's been entered in g's despite being mg's).

I really appreciate all the advice. I hope my explanation of how I'm managing my calories makes sense. It does in my head...

So my plan of action:

Measure body fat and not worry so much about the number on the scale
    Drop down to my weekday total one of the weekend days
    More strength training

Sounds like a pretty good plan! :-D
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Also it is not just about calories but the quality of your finis choices proper meal combinations for your genetic makeup and good fat burning foods tonic and supplements. I agree with the last post instead of lowering your calories you must increase your body sculpting using Exercises specific for the strongest muscles in our bodies the glutes exercises just as the classic hip thrust

I lost 25 pounds eating pizza and ice cream. Weight loss has nothing to do with the type of food you're eating. Period.

You are correct, weight loss does not have anything to do with the type of food you are eating (to an extent)

But

Body composition does. Then we enter into the discussion of weight vs health but that's for a whole different thread.
  • questinc
    questinc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using Fitness Pal at 1200 and pretty much do similar activity to you with the exception that I weight train 3x a week and have been losing about 1-2 pounds a week. I think backing off on the calories might help you lose - sounds like you are at a plateu and need to "shock" your system! Your body is used to what you are doing so its not responding - time to kick it in the butt! :D Try and see if this helps - good luck!!
  • ElliottTN
    Options
    Check your BMR. Your eating too much to lose. You need to run a sizable deficit. Also make sure your watching carbs -- sugar is the hidden problem child.

I would drop from 1500 to 1200-1300.

Also water..lots of it.

Just no. You don't take a deficit from your BMR and a 32 year old woman of her height should not be eating 1200 calories.
    you can most certainly take a deficit from your BMR, especially if you are inactive. I don't know why some people use BMR as the minimum number of calories that a person should eat. That's just not what it means.

Should a person eat less than what it takes to keep them alive? If that's not what BMR is, then I must have a misunderstanding of it.
    BMR is not the amount of *food* it takes to keep them alive. it's the number of *calories* your body burns in a day at rest. Your body gets calories from places other than food. Fat is a great example.

Hmm...I admit I've never thought of it that way. I get that there's no such thing as starvation mode, but the general thought on here is that eating less than BMR is not healthy. I'll have to think on this one...

This goes along with the notion that it is unhealthy to spend the rest of your life eating at deficit which you wouldn't be able to do if you want your heart to keep beating. You can absolutely eat under BMR and be healthy with your weight loss as long as your diet is inline. Eating below BMR is a means to an end and not a way of life, you just really have to know when to pull the trigger and stop doing it.
  • kaylaknight4247
    kaylaknight4247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would definitely not eat less, it seems like you're eating a good amount, and eating a bit more on the weekends is probably helping you boost your metabolism. I'd say you're right on track with that. Try more strength training, and switch up your activity type for cardio. The more strength training you do, the more it will shape your body and you'll also lose more fat while building muscle. You're already at a healthy weight, so I think focusing more on shaping your body rather than losing fat will get you to where you want to be, much more quickly. You'll likely shed a few pounds in the process as well. As you build more muscle, don't be afraid of the scale, and don't be afraid of adjusting your calories to match. It will be going to muscle and serving you nutrition as well.

I didn't check out your diary, but make sure you're eating as many natural foods as possible. I always try to get more raw foods into my diet as well -- raw fruits and veggies that will help keep your gut digesting all foods properly and your metabolism revved. It will also help you get more fiber in your diet, along with protein, it will speed your metabolism because it takes more energy to digest those two macronutrients. Plus, raw foods are more nutrient-dense which will help you lose weight in a really healthy way, while you're cutting back in calories for your current weight.
  • ElliottTN
    Options
    Do a re-feeding weekend where you eat at maintenance. You will probably hold on to a little bit of weight the first couples days back in your deficit but then should be able to break through your plateau.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There's also the part where you may think you feel or look better at 135 lbs but is that a number you're remembering from your teen years. Sometimes you have to let go of your ideals of what you think would be a good weight based on the past. Our bodies change as we age, have kids, etc and not that you should be a frumpy mess but what was once ideal may not be anymore.

Instead of trying to diet off 14 lbs, get your BF% measured some place reputable and work on building muscle and lowering your body fat. It will reshape your body and probably provide you with what you're looking for rather than just losing pounds. 30DS is a fun little workout for 20 minutes but if you want to get serious about building a body you need to find something a bit more intense.

^This is the best advice out of this whole thread
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    your body not burn calories if eat too much. instead eat one meal. turns out its fact idiot

Um, what? That's horrible advice. Also, don't drop your calories like the other poster said. Seriously, where is all of this stuff coming from?

OP, when was the last time you went over your TDEE estimates? You're supposed to update it after every 5 lbs lost. Have you done that recently? It may have changed. Your exercise may be different from the last time you calculated, or your weight, or your age (lol, if you had a birthday in between, I mean, haha).

Ignore him. He's a professional troll.

Nice. I like how he ends his sentence with Idiot. Not. Thanks for the heads up, lol. :) Sorry this derailed your thread a little, OP.

Okay, so you've redone your calculations. I think, if it were me, as a previous poster suggested, stop eating up to your TDEE on the weekends. Instead, take a cut from it... probably like 10% (or maybe even 15%, not sure how that would work for you). So if your TDEE is 2000, minus 10%, you'd be at 1800 calories. I would try that, if it were me. Just a suggestion :) Hope you find the answer to your troubles!

i am Croatia. idiot not mean bad in my language

that's a lie. :laugh:
  • GymTennis
    GymTennis Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It should be fairly simple... You HAVE to build a caloric deficit and exercise.. If you're not losing enough, reduce your intake for another 200 calories or so.. Also, make sure you log in absolutely everything you eat or drink during the day to hit your calories goal.. A lot of people don't count in things like orange juice, coffee with cream and sugar etc..Those hidden calories might preventing you from reaching your goals.. Make sure you're counting everything and drink a lot of water to flush out all the sodium which makes you feel bloated and soft, especially in your waist area.. Good luck
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You need glute and core specialization work to sculpt at least a 0.8 lower waist to hip ratio now good job on understanding that gaining tone and lean muscle mass is the key
    So you're saying you can change your bone structure through weight training?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    You need glute and core specialization work to sculpt at least a 0.8 lower waist to hip ratio now good job on understanding that gaining tone and lean muscle mass is the key

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure a 0.8 ratio is what the OP is desirous of anyway.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm not sure a 0.8 ratio is what the OP is desirous of anyway.
    I didn't see anywhere she said so.

I have a suspicion that poster is a troll, anyway, based on some other posts. And I suspect he/she has more than one account.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Also it is not just about calories but the quality of your finis choices proper meal combinations for your genetic makeup and good fat burning foods tonic and supplements. I agree with the last post instead of lowering your calories you must increase your body sculpting using Exercises specific for the strongest muscles in our bodies the glutes exercises just as the classic hip thrust

You are correct, weight loss does not have anything to do with the type of food you are eating (to an extent)

But

Body composition does. Then we enter into the discussion of weight vs health but that's for a whole different thread.

True this. :-)