600 calories intake healthy?

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I was trying to find out who else is under 1000 calories intake and yes I was gonna change my calorie intake over 1000 maybe next year

Well, no you weren't, otherwise you would have asked that and the title thread wouldn't be what it is.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have been on a 600 calories intake for almost 6 months and feel great. My energy and stamina levels have maintained the high and full since the change. Because on my job, I sit on my *kitten* all day sometimes and when i do have to work I have a golf cart to get me around. I drink plenty of water all day and get plenty of sleep at night so i don't think it's too extreme but some of my co-workers have told me that's unhealthy and too extreme. Any opinions?

I would say that if you are with 600 calories a day " full of energy " and still can exercise, that maybe somewhere in the equation you are not logging your calories right and are eating more, which of course would be a good thing. I am right now working on an emergency food program for people living in refugee camps in Mali and Somalia. The calorie intake is based on 550 calories daily of a high nutrition paste. Those calories are only supposed to maintain basic body functions, because most of those people ( over 100 000) after having eaten 600 calories or less for the last 4-6 month are no longer able to walk, to move, some cannot even lift their head and need to be slowly nourished again to function better. Of course about 20% of them will die before that happens.
    Unless you have a couple of hundred pounds to lose, I find it impossible to believe that someone can flourish on 600 calories a day, because ( depending on starting weight ) most people start to lose body function , mental ability, have memory loss, disorientation and muscle failure and experience extreme fatigue after just a few weeks of such low calories and go downhill from there.
  • omnf809
    Options
    Sounds like aneorexia to me.....just saying. I'm on a 1200 a day diet, work out 2 hours 5 times a week and have lost 30 lbs in 8 months. Sounds like you may have some medical issue going on there me thinks...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    It's fine........................................for a 6 year old.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I was trying to find out who else is under 1000 calories intake and yes I was gonna change my calorie intake over 1000 maybe next year

Um, what? You're going to be severely malnourished and end up in the hospital if you keep that up for a year.
    it's okay, OP doesn't care. He know's how brittle bones / hair falling out / being weak is healthy.

Either he's a pro-ana troll or he needs to seek professional help...like yesterday
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Open your diary for public view
  • epz1157
    epz1157 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yes, Oatmeal (Mom's Best Naturals Quik Oats with Raisins or banana with black coffee for breakfast and Garden salad with Jumbo crab meat and light ranch dressing for lunch. Dinner will be Sushi rolls or avocado tostadas
  • epz1157
    Options
    ok i will
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It's like the trolls don't even try anymore :(
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Under 900 calories a day is classed as a starvation diet and basically you body will store fat as it will not be sure where your next food will come from. You'll lose weight then gain fat and put it back on and more so start eating more, at least about 1000/1500

Starvation calories start at 800 calories and less and the body will not store fat ( because even if you eat nothing but fat there is nothing to " store " if you don't ingest enough calories for even basic function ). Depending on how big or small the calorie deficit is, people will lose a bit or a lot....until there is no more fat to lose, of course with that muscle will also disappear. Have you ever heard of " skin and bones " , it's a true concept. If what you say were true, than we would never see any pictures of emaciated people in concentrations camps ( because they would all have " held on to their fat " ) or skelettal people in refugee camps all over Africa.
  • epz1157
    Options
    going public for ya to see
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    nooooo don't say you're vegan!! Don't continue to give us a bad rep! ugh!
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's like the trolls don't even try anymore :(

This. I call BS.

What, exactly, is the point of this thread except to incite people? Right, no point.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i dont believe it. prove it. you look like you eat more than 600 calories. by that i mean, you look healthy.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.
    Sorry but I call BS on limited options as I am vegan, my diary is open if you care to check.

Just because it is your opinion (no its not unhealthy to me.) does not make it fact or protect you from the inevitable damage you are doing to your health/body/mind etc.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

And if you try and sustain that life style but I doubt it as you will not be able to sustain it due to illness or death, here is a link for you...

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/anorexia-nervosa/complications-of-anorexia.html
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    nooooo don't say you're vegan!! Don't continue to give us a bad rep! ugh!

I feel bad for the cool vegetarians and vegans on here. :I have both on my list and none of them have issues eating 1600 + cals a day. In fact, the vegan guy I have friended eats 2100-2200 cals.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Really_seriously_WHAT.gif
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Maybe OP is a vampire. It's the month for it, after all.

How many calories in blood, anyone know?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    yes, Oatmeal (Mom's Best Naturals Quik Oats with Raisins or banana with black coffee for breakfast and Garden salad with Jumbo crab meat and light ranch dressing for lunch. Dinner will be Sushi rolls or avocado tostadas

Vegan, huh.

Diary isn't open yet.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.
    Sorry but I call BS on limited options as I am vegan, my diary is open if you care to check.

Just because it is your opinion (no its not unhealthy to me.) does not make it fact or protect you from the inevitable damage you are doing to your health/body/mind etc.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

And if you try and sustain that life style but I doubt it as you will not be able to sustain it due to illness or death, here is a link for you...

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/anorexia-nervosa/complications-of-anorexia.html

^Speaking of- here's the guy. lol!! :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.