600 calories intake healthy?

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    hi OP - I am a vegan too. I love sushi especially the kind with fish in it (and I do eat a greek yogurt for breakfast but that's only for the protein, I am still a semi vegan). I think your calorie goal is great, my breakfast is usually 600 calories and then I only have like, 50 more for lunch and dinner but it works for me. I like to eat a lot of bananas since they are only 1 calorie. you're doing great!
    Hayley, if you were a man... :love:

you're in luck..... :wink:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Seeing as you have no idea what vegan means (you eat crab, eggs, milk, mayo, ranch dressing), you probably also have no idea about serving sizes and you're tracking everything wrong.

I am amazed you function as part of society.

Oh come on, there's loads of them out there...all those people that eat like birds and yet are obese.

:laugh:

Yes, i have this obeese friend and she eats one cookie a day :laugh:

I think she might be OP's cousin
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    600 calories is very far from being enough, and being vegan is no excuse! Have an avocado or some guacamole. Enjoy some almonds or peanut butter. Make some pasta marinara or pretzels with hummus. I could go on listing yummy, healthy vegan foods all day. . . .
  • epz1157
    epz1157 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW, taking so much pride being vegan. I made a commitment this year to start so yes i'm still trying and yes I have my reasons why i eat that nasty pizza and hot wings ect. I can give that up and make better vegan choses
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    WOW, taking so much pride being vegan. I made a commitment this year to start so yes i'm still trying and yes I have my reasons why i eat that nasty pizza and hot wings ect. I can give that up and make better vegan choses
    2/10.

try harder.
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You'd be amazed how many people actually believe that type of ****. Google pro ana forums real quick if you don't believe me. Even "sarcasm" should be tempered with a facepalm.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I am married and she doesn't support 600 but see my energy levels. Like 6 am 8-10 miles runs without breakfast or gym 45 cross-fit and the 15 or 30 min jump rope.

Your initial post said you were sedentary. But anyway, i'm out now.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering WHY you would want to eat so little? It may work for you right now, but it is not sustainable. Once you have hit your goal and start eating more normal amounts of food, your body is going to pack on the pounds. Why not find a way of eating for life where you can get to a healthy weight?
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    hi OP - I am a vegan too. I love sushi especially the kind with fish in it (and I do eat a greek yogurt for breakfast but that's only for the protein, I am still a semi vegan). I think your calorie goal is great, my breakfast is usually 600 calories and then I only have like, 50 more for lunch and dinner but it works for me. I like to eat a lot of bananas since they are only 1 calorie. you're doing great!

Please tell me you are trolling the troll. No such thing as "semi vegan" its called vegetarian or omnivore. And a banana is not one calorie. Lol.

well no I'm a semi vegan because I say I'm a vegan but then I eat like, pizza and milk every day. it makes sense if you think about it.

Are you? I can't? I just don't...

plot twist: I saw this before the edit. 1/10
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    husband and wife troll tag team. or dumb and dumber.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    troll.jpg
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    600 calories is very far from being enough, and being vegan is no excuse! Have an avocado or some guacamole. Enjoy some almonds or peanut butter. Make some pasta marinara or pretzels with hummus. I could go on listing yummy, healthy vegan foods all day. . . .

But you don't need to he's not vegan and eats loads
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    These guys clearly didn't understand sarcasm x)

The first post I got. The second post - there are tons of people who say this so I could not tell if she was being serious about that part. Until the add on.
    I have a vegetarian cousin who eats fish.
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    husband and wife troll tag team. or dumb and dumber.

I object to this bullying. I am NOT married.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    My goal is to remain a my weight stable and no its not unhealthy to me. I'm not try to promote this as a diet but it really works for me. I will consider maybe eating more but my options are limited since im vegan.

Not really. I've got numerous suggestions.

BREAKFAST
    6 oz FIRM tofu--150
    1 tbsp olive oil - 120
    1 cup veg-30
    1/2 an avocado -120
    =420 calories

LUNCH
    2 slices whole grain bread -160
    2 tbsp nut butter -190
    all fruit preserves -40
    =390

DINNER
    1 cup beans -200
    1 cup veg-30
    1 oz vegan cheese -60
    =290 calories

SNACK
    2 oz almonds = 320

TA-DA. It's amazing what a little planning can do.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Please tell me you are trolling the troll. No such thing as "semi vegan" its called vegetarian or omnivore. And a banana is not one calorie. Lol.

well no I'm a semi vegan because I say I'm a vegan but then I eat like, pizza and milk every day. it makes sense if you think about it.

Are you? I can't? I just don't...

plot twist: I saw this before the edit. 1/10

plot twist: I still don't know if you're stupid or being sarcastic. It's hard to tell with all the stupid in this topic...
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME! 600 CALORIE EATING CROSS-FITTER? NEXT! WHY WASTE PEOPLES TIME?
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You must be a troll OR you really don't know how to count calories. You could not possibly sustain life on 600 calories per day. Those must be the 600 you choose to document.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone in this thread for making this boring afternoon at work at least a smidge more entertaining. From the serious posters, to the unsung heroes of thinly-veiled humor, to the posters who didn't even understand that humor...

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.