600 calories intake healthy?

Options

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    hi OP - I am a vegan too. I love sushi especially the kind with fish in it (and I do eat a greek yogurt for breakfast but that's only for the protein, I am still a semi vegan). I think your calorie goal is great, my breakfast is usually 600 calories and then I only have like, 50 more for lunch and dinner but it works for me. I like to eat a lot of bananas since they are only 1 calorie. you're doing great!

Please tell me you are trolling the troll. No such thing as "semi vegan" its called vegetarian or omnivore. And a banana is not one calorie. Lol.

well no I'm a semi vegan because I say I'm a vegan but then I eat like, pizza and milk every day. it makes sense if you think about it.

eta: also bananas are 1 calorie because of, um, net carbs and potassium or whatever. like they're almost negative calories but because of the sugar they count as 1. or is that weight watcher points? ****.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Seeing as you have no idea what vegan means (you eat crab, eggs, milk, mayo, ranch dressing), you probably also have no idea about serving sizes and you're tracking everything wrong.

I am amazed you function as part of society.

Oh come on, there's loads of them out there...all those people that eat like birds and yet are obese.

:laugh:
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    hi OP - I am a vegan too. I love sushi especially the kind with fish in it (and I do eat a greek yogurt for breakfast but that's only for the protein, I am still a semi vegan). I think your calorie goal is great, my breakfast is usually 600 calories and then I only have like, 50 more for lunch and dinner but it works for me. I like to eat a lot of bananas since they are only 1 calorie. you're doing great!

I give you a 10/10 for both timing and execution ;)
  • Majda1234
    Options
    An what is this in your diary? You ate 1g of a medium banana? o.O
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Dont+feed+the+trolls+.+Comment+thumb+boobs_79b75d_3330871.jpg
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's not healthy. But if you're going to jump back into the thread and say that to you it's not unhealthy . . . why did you bother asking?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Please tell me you are trolling the troll. No such thing as "semi vegan" its called vegetarian or omnivore. And a banana is not one calorie. Lol.

well no I'm a semi vegan because I say I'm a vegan but then I eat like, pizza and milk every day. it makes sense if you think about it.

N5d1vYT.jpg
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    No lack of knowledge here. 600 has been working for me , its not a promotion but a question. A simple "No" sounds more knowledgeable.

No
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

eta: also bananas are 1 calorie because of, um, net carbs and potassium or whatever. like they're almost negative calories but because of the sugar they count as 1. or is that weight watcher points? ****.

So much stupid. 0_o
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Are you? I can't? I just don't...
  • Majda1234
    Options
    Seeing as you have no idea what vegan means (you eat crab, eggs, milk, mayo, ranch dressing), you probably also have no idea about serving sizes and you're tracking everything wrong.

I am amazed you function as part of society.

Oh come on, there's loads of them out there...all those people that eat like birds and yet are obese.

:laugh:

Yes, i have this obeese friend and she eats one cookie a day :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

It's called "sarcasm"
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Hayley, if you were a man... :love:
  • Elafacwen
    Elafacwen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Going through your food journal it appears that you routinely go over 1,000 calories. Just because you tell MFP you only want to consume 600 doesn't mean you are on a 600 calorie diet unless you follow through with it.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    These guys clearly didn't understand sarcasm x)
  • lb12231
    Options
    From personal experience, it is seriously not healthy :noway: Especially if you exercise - after adding up how many calories the exercise burned - you have hardly any calories left :frown:
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That's funny, because for several days that I looked in your diary only a couple are 600 calories or under, all others were at least 1100 to 2000 calories
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

So much stupid. 0_o

Gu1DcnP.jpg
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's obvious by looking at your diary that everything is *off*. You're either: a) overestimating calories burned b) not logging properly/and or not weighing your foods c) underestimating how much you actually eat, or d) a combination of all of the above. It's obvious that 600 isn't sustainable (or what you think 600 calories is), because your diary is so erratic, especially on days where you go over. Assuming this isn't a troll, I would kindly suggest you listen to almost everybody in this thread, because you're on a crash course to the grave.
  • fitspirational
    Options
    this is dangerouse and can not only ensure you loose muscle mass but your body will cling on to the fat you have so you will lose less on the scales aswell.

it is not possible to feel energetic and full of stamina on 600 calories - that is not even enough to feed a active child on ; if you are vegan try and find other sources of protein and calorie dense food that is healthy but will keep you fuller for longer.

if you exercise ontop of this then you will put yourself in a dangerouse place with your health ; i am not a medical professional so i cant tell you what to do but from experience i strongly advise against it .
This discussion has been closed.