Sabotaged by Toddlers

Options

Replies

• april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    Oh my God. I am laughing out loud. I have literally experienced every one of these! Glad to hear I'm not alone. :laugh:
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    This topic makes me glad that I don't have kids!! :bigsmile:
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I feel like a mean mom when my little girl asks to share my snack.. but.. they're MY calories :grumble:

hahaha gotta love kids!
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Take them to the gym, toss them in the lions cage with all the other toddlers, and book it before they know what the F just happened. You're welcome.

^^ This.

If I can't make it to the gym, I have to wait until he goes down for a nap. He will grab my 5 lb weights (that I use for Zumba) and start doing bicep curls. I know that sounds awesome, but he won't give them back. He looks me dead in the eye and says "No Mommy. I working out. Not your turn." Owned by a 2 year old :frown:

He also tells me to "Stop Dancing" if I am doing Zumba. :laugh:
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I completely understand this. I have 3 kids (10, 3 and 14 months), they have to work out with me most days. Last night we all dodged each other in the living room doing jumping jacks. Of course most of their workouts start out great and end with karate kicks, punches, tackles and yelling.

Life of a parent! Gotta love it!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    All I can say is... you're not alone.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

My toddler used to try to derail my workouts, but now he's on my team!

I set up activities and shows in another room for him, but he chooses to sit on the couch and encourage me while I work out.

"You're doing a great job, mommy!" "I'm so proud of you!" "Burpees!!!!"

Okay, sometimes he makes it hard to work out because I'm laughing hysterically at his antics. ;)

Then when I'm done he tells me I'm sweaty and stinky and need to take a shower. Thanks, kid!

And I'm proud to say that my 3 year old can do push ups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, crunches, and burpees.
  • jay10587
    jay10587 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    ALLLLLLLL of the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like trying for a 5mile run while your toddler is in the stroller and screaming inbetween breaths, "Stop whining!" "We're almost done!" "Mommy doesn't have any more juice right now, you have to wait til we get home." "Do you want your blanket or not?" "No, we're not stopping to play in the water fountain!"

:tongue:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Take them to the gym, toss them in the lions cage with all the other toddlers, and book it before they know what the F just happened. You're welcome.

^^ This.

If I can't make it to the gym, I have to wait until he goes down for a nap. He will grab my 5 lb weights (that I use for Zumba) and start doing bicep curls. I know that sounds awesome, but he won't give them back. He looks me dead in the eye and says "No Mommy. I working out. Not your turn." Owned by a 2 year old :frown:

He also tells me to "Stop Dancing" if I am doing Zumba. :laugh:

Yes. Oh, God! Yes. I love you all!!!
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Too funny! 3 years ago, working out w/ my kiddos around was a pain. Now it's inspiring. I work harder knowing my 11 yo daughter is watching me. She now asks when and what workout I'm doing each evening to see if she wants to join in or not. And, my 7 yo son can do more pushups than I can, so that is just great motivation! They are old enough to know that I need my 30-60 minutes and then I'm back to focusing on them.

It will get better. I promise!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Sabotoddlers would be a great TLC show.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I never allowed my daughter to eat off of my plate. If she wanted what I had, she could have her own plate, but my food was mine.

Honestly, I get this is kind of a joke thread, but even at that age, you can get them to behave better so you can have some YOU time. You're quite literally letting them walk all over you.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I will think of you as I take my birth control pill today. :) I look forward to having snotty little blessings one day, but your list helps me appreciate where I am now.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have five kids....
    I go to the Gym.. YMCA... Programs for all = peace for me.. LOVE IT!!!!

I LOVE THE YMCA!!!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I feel like a mean mom when my little girl asks to share my snack.. but.. they're MY calories :grumble:

My husband does this, and I'm like, NOOOOO, I just logged that!!!! Those are my calories!! :-) Then I adjust it to 95% to allow for the bite he took. Grrrrr.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I heard duct-taping toddlers to walls can work wonders......

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not serious.

But I would suggest a baby-sitter so you can work out without babies trying to kill you by jumping all over you. Are you sure they're not trying to kill you? Toddlers can be evil. Ever seen or read Pet Cemetery? :laugh:

I think someone did that not too long ago and went to jail.

ETA: Actually, that's not the story I was thinking of. That crazy b1tch beat her child and superglued her to the wall. :noway: But some people did duct tape their kid to a wall and they also went to jail.

I was thinking of the time when the parents duct taped their baby in the high chair.... at the top of the stairway.

OP. Benadryl and cherry coke.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I heard duct-taping toddlers to walls can work wonders......

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not serious.

But I would suggest a baby-sitter so you can work out without babies trying to kill you by jumping all over you. Are you sure they're not trying to kill you? Toddlers can be evil. Ever seen or read Pet Cemetery? :laugh:

LOVE this! I am in the same boat. I help raise my grandson and he used to jump on my chest, stomach, head, etc... when I tried to work out. Now he comes in there and imitates me...........for a minute or 2, then he is meddling in EVERYTHING and I am constantly getting on to him while I try to work out. I WANT to start doing it in the mornings, but I am limited. My hubby is still asleep because he works until 2am. If I get too loud in the living room, then the grandson will surely hear me and wake up. There isn't a gym close enough that I could drive there, work out, come home, and then get ready for work. I feel kinda trapped. I just might try the duct tape, hehehe!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    While I am laughing out loud, thinking of all the mommies and daddies out there trying to work out with small children, another part of me is crying that my children are grown(well, they're 20 so, almost on their own) and I wasted their childhood being overweight and unable or unwilling to play with them as I should have. All the hikes and baseball games and frisbee games and swimming I missed because of being overweight. On the otherhand, my hubby now keeps confusing my clothes with those of our daughter, who is 5'4" and 125 LBS!! As irritating as that is, I guess I can't be too annoyed with the man!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I never allowed my daughter to eat off of my plate. If she wanted what I had, she could have her own plate, but my food was mine.

Honestly, I get this is kind of a joke thread, but even at that age, you can get them to behave better so you can have some YOU time. You're quite literally letting them walk all over you.

The 43 pounds I lost and the half marathon I'm running at the end of October argue that I'm making it work.

However, I've 1) been up two night with sick kids and 2) read too many MFP "sabotage" threads.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    OP- Check out Baby Sideburns on Facebook. I think you'll get a kick out of her sense of humor.