Pregnancy 2010 - August

Options

Replies

• ljmcquade
    ljmcquade Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wasn't showing at 19 weeks but I definitely am now! This is my second baby. I've been away from work for the last 6 weeks so a few people who don't know are going to get an eye full when we go back on friday lol.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    With my first I didn't show until about 5 months. With my second I almost immediately had to switch to pregnancy pants because I couldn't zip up anymore. I am currently in the same position with this one. I am just wearing long shirts and pg pants because I barely fit into anything. It doesn't help that I have gained 20 lbs in the last 4 months. 10 pregnant and 10 after moving and stress eating. My OB said she could be as mean as I wanted her to be. :tongue: I have a horrible time my first trimester. I only want to eat simple carbs--whole wheat bread even turns my stomach! potatoes, white breads---mmmm! Gee even thinking about the other stuff makes me nauseated! :laugh: :sick: I have promised that I will be better once the nausea goes away! I promise I will!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Ckmama - Are you starting to show yet? I am trying to get a handle on how quickly I will show, which also means how quickly I will need to tell work about my "situation" :ohwell:

Also, I have found that roasted, lighly salted almonds really help curb cravings. Might be worth a try.

My pants have gotten tighter, and this weekend my husband insisted I go ahead and buy maternity pants because he was tired of me complaining about the waist being too uncomfortable. I am already a larger woman, i am 5' 6" and now weigh 225 and I carry most of my weight in my stomach and hips/thighs.

My lower abdomen is def. a little bigger, but I just look fat, not pregnant. The lower belly has pushed the top part of my belly out more, so I feel like I have a giant muffin top:blushing:

Oh and if you had a section before you understand why I say lower belly and upper belly, its like I have 2 stomach regions:laugh:

My sil is 12 weeks with her 3rd and she is super tiny but she has been showing for almost 3 weeks now. She also said her pants are getting snug and she is one of those skinny people:embarassed:
  • ckmama
    Options
    With my first I didn't show until about 5 months. With my second I almost immediately had to switch to pregnancy pants because I couldn't zip up anymore. I am currently in the same position with this one. I am just wearing long shirts and pg pants because I barely fit into anything. It doesn't help that I have gained 20 lbs in the last 4 months. 10 pregnant and 10 after moving and stress eating. My OB said she could be as mean as I wanted her to be. :tongue: I have a horrible time my first trimester. I only want to eat simple carbs--whole wheat bread even turns my stomach! potatoes, white breads---mmmm! Gee even thinking about the other stuff makes me nauseated! :laugh: :sick: I have promised that I will be better once the nausea goes away! I promise I will!

OMG I think you and I must be having the same baby:laugh: I love me some mashed potato's and rice and gravy right now. It is so funny you mentioned whole wheat bread cause I tried to buy some at Walmart today and it almost made me gag the thought of eating it.:happy:

I did find something that made me sick I mean really sick for the first time....protein powder in a banana smoothie. Within 5 minutes I was over the tub. I threw that stuff away. See that's what I get for thinking oh i'll have a healthy snack, no cheetohs for me.:laugh:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    So ... I've been having regular contractions every 4-6 minutes lasting 40-60 seconds for the last 16 hours. I saw my OB this morning and there's very little progress (cervix is still far away, but is softer and dialated to a finger tip) and since the contractions aren't consistantly painful she doesn't think I'm in labor. *sigh, she even said that statistically I could stil not deliver for 3 more weeks. :-( I'm trusting that he will come in the next couple of days :-)
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Aww that's awesome Angela! Getting so close! I'm going to state the obvious...Sex will help at this point. Orgasms can help to enduce/intensify contractions and there is something in the seaman that will help to soften the cervix as well. I'm sure you knew all that already, but i can say from personal experience as well as what i've heard from others...it helps! Shoot even if it didn't help, it couldn't hurt! :-)
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Angela - You are so close, I am very excited for you!

I need everyone's advice. I know you are not supposed to eat lunch meat while pregnant, unless it has been heated first and even then it is iffy. My team at work goes to Jimmy Johns all the time, and since it is a team activity, we are all expected to go. I always get a Turkey sandwich with just lettuce. What should I do now? The thought of a veggie sub makes me feel queezy. Do I just eat the turkey sandwich and pray for the best, or what? Keep in mind I have not told anyone at work, and dont plan to for at least several months. Help!!!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Not eating lunch meat was something I just learned in this pregnancy, I ate it throughout my other 2. I had 2 perfectly healthy babies. As far as showing goes... I show early. I was 8-10 weeks with my first, 6-8 weeks with my second and needing to give up my regular clothes already now. The only reason I didn't need to give up sooner was because of the weight I have lost... my clothes were pretty loose. I have not really gained any weight am actually still down and hope to remain so for a while, perhaps not even gaining all of the weight back. Due to my weight I should only gain 10-15 lbs anyhow. Angela, walking always helps me with progressing labor. If it is really time than it will work, some people say to vacuum but I don't think it really works. I too have been sick at the thought of eating most things.... my biggest craving is potatoes, lol! Simple carbs must be a fav for all of us
  • jessdawn1982
    jessdawn1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Angela - You are so close, I am very excited for you!

I need everyone's advice. I know you are not supposed to eat lunch meat while pregnant, unless it has been heated first and even then it is iffy. My team at work goes to Jimmy Johns all the time, and since it is a team activity, we are all expected to go. I always get a Turkey sandwich with just lettuce. What should I do now? The thought of a veggie sub makes me feel queezy. Do I just eat the turkey sandwich and pray for the best, or what? Keep in mind I have not told anyone at work, and dont plan to for at least several months. Help!!!

I ate it all the time. At home I would just heat it up and even whe we went out to eat I loved a club sandwich I would just tell teh waitress that I needed the meat to be heated up and it was never a problem. Maybe they can do the same.
  • ckmama
    Options
    I know lots of women who eat lunch meat while pregnant and had no issues at all.

I don't eat it. Just because I figure why risk it, it is something i can live without, plus it is full of sodium. I think if you just eat it once or twice, no biggie. See if they can heat the meat in the microwave or something for you or does Jimmy Johns have some other type of meat that is deli meat.

Angela you are so close i am sure you are very anxious and excited.

I had very light spotting last night. It kind of freaked me out. But it stopped shortly after it started. I spotted just once with my first pregnancy but not this early on. I can't worry about it too much if something happens it happens. But I think and pray everything will be fine.
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    tahmed- I can say that I have eaten cold deli meat, if you are concerned maybe they can do a subway thing where they toast the turkey and the bread before they make your sandwich.

Angela- I can't believe you are so close and I am sure it is making you anxious and desperate. Try to keep going strong and use the advice from the veteran mommies and I am sure it will help in the end.

So I am just checking in today I will weigh in on Wednesday. I am in my 2nd trimester so all the sickness is gone and now I have been dealing with hunger pangs like constant ones. I also finally need to go shopping for some maternity bottoms any suggestions? I have been using the belly band and it feels weird but its nicer than trying to squeeze into my jeans.
    Hope everyone is having a good week. For all those in their first trimester I still say eat lots of fruit and if you are craving sweet stuff I would suggest frozen yogurt its sweet low fat and delicious. As long as the place that dispenses it is clean there is no cause for concern.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I ended up skipping out on lunch at Jimmy Johns because I was just to nervous.

Cali- What is a belly band? I love your picture!!

Like Cali, I would love input on where to shop for maternity clothes. I have to dress professionaly for work, so I think it may be a bit tougher, but any advice would be great!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I bought a belly band this weekend! It's a band that goes over the top of your pants so that you can wear your regular pants now (unbuttoned or unzipped) and when you start to grow a little bit. I got mine from Motherhood Maternity and it was $16. The lady told me to make sure I tried it on, because sometimes they will roll up or down depending on your body type. I also put on their pillow that lets you see how you'll look in a few months and took a picture. I sent it to my husband and he responded with "beautiful belly, baby!" It was so sweet :laugh:

The only places I know of around here to shop for maternity clothes are Motherhood Maternity and Target. I've seen some really cute mommy clothes in Target... a lot of times I'll stop to look at something because it's so cute, then I'm disappointed when I see the tag say maternity! lol Not anymore!
  • debnu1
    Options

OMG I think you and I must be having the same baby:laugh: I love me some mashed potato's and rice and gravy right now. It is so funny you mentioned whole wheat bread cause I tried to buy some at Walmart today and it almost made me gag the thought of eating it.:happy:

I did find something that made me sick I mean really sick for the first time....protein powder in a banana smoothie. Within 5 minutes I was over the tub. I threw that stuff away. See that's what I get for thinking oh i'll have a healthy snack, no cheetohs for me.:laugh:

That is so funny! Mashed potatoes and gravy are so yummy right now--when I go to restaurants that is what I order. Mmmmm. I do ok with fruits and hamburgers or deli sandwiches, but that is the bulk of it. I actually bought some ravioli and thought I would try those for dinner--so we don't eat out every night! Evening is my worst time. If I am not eating or go to long I end up throwing up. I really hate that! So I am trying to be sure and not going too long without eating. Not easy though when nothing sounds good!

I think JCpenney has some cute clothes, and you could check out lilac pants at lilacclothing.com They have really nice ones--I got a pair at Costco, so comfy!!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Ross and Burlington Coat Factory are very inexpensive for maternity clothes. It is hard to find XL but if you are smaller than you can find lots of goodies. Ross especially has nicer work clothes and usually no more than $12 per piece. Motherhood Maternity has lots of nice things but they are a lot more pricey. Old Navy and Gap also carry maternity clothing but theirs can get pricey as well. I look not to spend much on the clothes since they are used temporarily and I always get rid of them as soon as I am no longer pregnant since I always swear I'm not doing it again, lol.
  • phoenix72
    phoenix72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All - Just come back on since I left my post, I love the fact so many of you have things in common. Thanks for the advice on weight loss, I've altered to maintain now. I'm craving mashed potato all the time and I'm showing very early, I'm sure I've caught some people looking at me 'funny' at work but I dont want anyone to know. In the Uk we have access to quite decent maternity wear but I'm unsure about shipping to the US. I have belly belts but I also got a pack of 3 belly bands (they come in 10 colours) and they'll come in for my 1st and 2nd trimester, you wear them under tops so that if you have regular tops you can still wear them but if they show a bit too much for you of your lower stomach (I also have two, an upper and a lower!) then it just looks like a t-shirt underneath. I bought them new from elsewhere in europe on ebay.

Wishing you all the very best with your labour Angela - sounds so lame and British but thats what we say here! Or go girl!! lol
  • yessie75
    Options
    WOW! I have been catching up on everyone's posts and I had missed so much. School started and I have been very busy setting my classroom and getting to know my first graders. To tell you the truth, I didn't think it would be so hard to go back to school on my last trimester, but it has been a challenge. Since I hardly sleep at night, I'm lacking the energy to last all day. During summer break I made up with afternoon naps, but now that I can't nap, I'm crashing after lunch. I'm fortunate to have a well-behaved class this year and the kids are very considerate of my pregnancy.
    I have my 36 weeks appointment tomorrow and I feel like I'm done! I've enjoyed this pregnancy, but now I'm so uncomfortable and can't wait. I'm feeling like Angela, the sooner the better.
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So ... I've been having regular contractions every 4-6 minutes lasting 40-60 seconds for the last 16 hours. I saw my OB this morning and there's very little progress (cervix is still far away, but is softer and dialated to a finger tip) and since the contractions aren't consistantly painful she doesn't think I'm in labor. *sigh, she even said that statistically I could stil not deliver for 3 more weeks. :-( I'm trusting that he will come in the next couple of days :-)

Well I set the trend...2.5 weeks early! Come on baby!!!! :laugh:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It's hard to get on the computer these days. I wake up and before I know it, it's time to go to bed. LOL. Things are great over here in babyland. Just loving the heck out of her. We had a rough night last night, but it's to be expected. She's a pretty good kid otherwise. I'm feeling back to normal. I plan to go to Zumba on Saturday. It's my birthday Saturday! YEAH!

I have 9.5 lbs to go to get back to my before baby weight....I'd love to loose an additional 6lbs.

Breastfeeding is going ok. It's hard to know how much she is getting. I'm trying to pump right now and it's not going well. I'm sticking with it though....Did you know that it's common for a breastfeed baby to not have a poopy diaper for up to 4 days!??!?!? I called my ped this morning because Alexis has not had one for over 24 hours. Compared to how she was a week or so ago this is crazy! She had like 16 poopy diapers when we were at the hospital.

Glad to see everyone is doing well!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Beware--it will be a blowout! As long as she is having enough wet diapers that is what really matters. Once they get into the more established milk, it takes longer in between BMs but then they tend to go everywhere!:laugh: Just always be prepared with an extra set of clothes, just incase (for her) you never know when you may need it.

As far as how much she is getting, is she happy and satisfied after eating? Do you feel emptier? That is what really matters. I admit it was difficult at first to not know how much, but if you pay attention to how they feel, the output later, and how empty you feel it helps a lot. I pumped with both of mine--at night though as I was working nights, what isn't working for you?