Pregnancy 2010 - August

Options

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    YEAH mwilson!!!!!!! Welcome to the club :flowerforyou: Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Ok ladies,.........I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT....... I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I've been dying to tell you all but we've been waiting until it was the right time to tell everyone! We went to my family's house this weekend and told everyone, it was so exciting!!! I will be due in April. I'm 5 weeks right now. I haven't made an appt. with a doctor yet because I have to find one here that I like. Hopefully this week I can do that. Get ready for a lot of questions!!!! :laugh:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Congrats that is so exciting, definitely get yourself the What to expect when expecting book. A great reference guide I have used it throughout and it help when I have a question and I am away from my computer. :happy:
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    auttyfrmca- go to the website where you choose your ticker you usually need your EDD (estimated due date). Then click on get my ticker after you have made your choices on color etc. Copy the HTML code and paste it into your signature. Signature can be found a quarter way down on the page where it says > HOME >RECENT POSTS >MY TOPICS >SIGNATURE.
    Hope it works out for you.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I'm so excited for you ladies! You are all doing so well. ShoppingQueen you look amazing and I can’t wait to see pictures of the sweet pea!

Thanks for the support and guidance.

Checking in: Down .8 lbs this week. Baby steps.... 10.2 left to go.
    Still not preventing but not offically TTC yet. I finally made a doc appointment to talk with a professional about the effects of the depo on my system. Too bad she was booked all the way to Sept 15! Ugh..:ohwell:

Hopw everyone has a great weekend! Keep up the good habits and let go of the bad ones!

Thanks! Can't wait to post them :) I just picked this Saturday as the day I'm going to deliver in my work baby pool :drinker:
  • pmaria10
    Options
    Yay Congrats mwilson!!! That's so great!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    congratulations mwilson!!!! great news!

shoppingqueen - 1 inch, keep it going. 21 days to go, like you didn't already know.

angela - maybe it's time for that beer after all... if he is moving down that is.

caliwaters - I know it isn't really going that fast, but seems like your ticker is moving along every time you post.

good luck ladies!
  • greyhoundmommy
    greyhoundmommy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My husband and I are TTC! Just went off all forms of bc on the first of July!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies,.........I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT....... I'm Pregnant!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

I've been dying to tell you all but we've been waiting until it was the right time to tell everyone! We went to my family's house this weekend and told everyone, it was so exciting!!! I will be due in April. I'm 5 weeks right now. I haven't made an appt. with a doctor yet because I have to find one here that I like. Hopefully this week I can do that. Get ready for a lot of questions!!!! :laugh:

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

congrats! So exciting! :drinker:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyeone for the congratulations!!! We are so excited!!

I will not be able to go to the doctor until next week, and that's just for a consultation, so in the mean time I need help! What should I be doing about my calories? Should I set it on maintence now? I was on 1200, then went to 1430 last week,....Shouldn't I be eating more? I know MFP isn't set up for pregnancy, so for those of you going through it now, or have done it before, give me some advice :smile:
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    mwilson- On average you only need an extra 300 calories daily for the baby.(That's the information I got from "What to expect when expecting")

I went ahead and just switched to maintenance when I was about 6 weeks along. Just so you know you wont eat all of your calories and I still average about 1500, there are days however that I can't stop eating and I actually hit 2000 but that is rare. The best thing to do is not be concerned with how many calories you take in but what your eating. If you feel sick but still hungry the best thing I found was to have protein and lots of fruit. It sufficed and kept me going on those bad queasy days when I was hungry but couldn't stand the thought of eating. Just make sure to drink lots of water, according to the water calculator that Jalara posted in July I have to have about 85 ounces of water, but like Angela had mentioned there is more than water that includes juice and also the food that we eat has some water in it.

Here is the link
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Hope it helps and hope the time flys by so you can meet with your doctor.:flowerforyou:
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    mwilson- On average you only need an extra 300 calories daily for the baby.(That's the information I got from "What to expect when expecting")

I went ahead and just switched to maintenance when I was about 6 weeks along. Just so you know you wont eat all of your calories and I still average about 1500, there are days however that I can't stop eating and I actually hit 2000 but that is rare. The best thing to do is not be concerned with how many calories you take in but what your eating. If you feel sick but still hungry the best thing I found was to have protein and lots of fruit. It sufficed and kept me going on those bad queasy days when I was hungry but couldn't stand the thought of eating. Just make sure to drink lots of water, according to the water calculator that Jalara posted in July I have to have about 85 ounces of water, but like Angela had mentioned there is more than water that includes juice and also the food that we eat has some water in it.

Here is the link
    http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Hope it helps and hope the time flys by so you can meet with your doctor.:flowerforyou:

I eat about 1800 - 2000 calories each day. But like Cali said - it's hard to eat that much sometimes. Especially when you get bigger and your stomach gets smaller. I'm still pretty active as well, so that's why I eat as many calories as I do.

Cali - your baby-gaga picture is so darn cute :) You're due for your ultrasound soon right?
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Oh boy - just got back from the doctor.....

I'm dilated to a 2.....my belly is measuring on the big side, so my doc scheduled me for another ultra sound on Thursday (YEAH). It could be that the baby is big, I have a lot of fluid or I just gained weight in my belly area. We shall see. If in fact it is the baby measuring big, the plan would be to induce me a week before my due date (August 23rd) - YIKES!

I gained 2lbs in 5 days - HOLY ****! So my official weight gain at 37 week is 27 lbs.

I did eat like a champ this weekend because we celebrated - MY hubby got a HUGE promotion at work on Friday!!! YEAH!!!!! So we went out to our fav restaurant and I was determined to eat something really bad for me.....first time to use "I'm pregnant" as a reason to eat wayyyyy to much. But it was SO good (and worth it). I'm a bit swollen today so it could be because of that as well.

I'll keep you updated :)
  • paldal
    Options
    wow, go shoppingqueen!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pmaria10
    Options
    shoppingqueen: that's so awesome! You def have to post some pics once the little bundle of joy arrives. I can't remember fr past posts but is this ur first?
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    shoppingqueen- wow you are close close I hope that the doctor doesn't have to induce you. My sister said she hated that they gave her pinocitin(sp?) Anyways enjoy this magical time and can't wait to see pics of your cutie.

I am going in for an u/s this Thursday.
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    AWESOME BIRTHING STORY (or worse case scenario lol) -

So a friend of mine was due to have her baby 8-24-10, however her previous two babies came exactly 3 weeks early. So 8-3-10 came and went although she was dialated at 1cm ... nothing. lol, so she's been super frustrated and totally ready to have the baby ... even tried several "old-wives-tales" like drinking a guiness, walking a lot, etc.

2 days ago her frustration seemed to peek a bit and at her OB appt yesterday there was no changes to her cervix and she was actually measuring small (only 35 weeks instead of 38) ... I end up getting this text message last night around 10pm that she consumed Castor oil ... another old-wives-tail that along with severe diarhea and vomiting is supposed to induce labor ... so I laughed at her and wished her luck, then got a call at around 10:45am that her contractions are close and bad and that they were on the way to the hospital. Sounds like she was going to go into labor anyway regardless of the castor oil. lol ...

ANYWAY, so she gets to the hospital and she's vomiting and pooing (haha) and the nurses are telling her the contractions are only from the castor oil and not from being in labor. After everything was controlled they tried to send her home, but she insisted the contractions are different and that she's in labor. After the nurses called her doctor they allowed her to go to another floor to stay in a room until she is ready to be admitted to the delivery floor.

So she got up there and got into the tub and the contractions almost immediately got much worse. She told her hubby that she was ready and they called the nurses, but it was taking them forever to get up there. She ends up trying to wander down the hall and is stopped by two nurses who assist her back to her room to check her progress. At that point she was dialated at 3cm and after checking she had a really bad contraction, but the nurses told her she wasn't ready yet ... however, all of the sudden she has the urge to push! So she's yelling at the nurses that she's having to push so they of course freak out and try to get a doc on the line and transport to get her down to the delivery room and while they are working on that another nurse checks her again and she's 10 cm dialated and the babies coming!!!

So she went from 3cm to baby in 20 minutes!!!!! omg craziest story every! It's kind of humerous too, because I've been talking to her about wanting to do a natural birth and she's totally all for epidural ... and then she did a natural birth since there was no time for meds. lol. Going to see her and her daughtor after work. Can't wait to meet her! :-D
  • paldal
    Options
    :laugh: that's crazy. Guess she didn't want to be "on time" and the baby didn't want to be early. Maybe the castor oil worked after all. Thanks for sharing.