Pregnancy 2010 - August

Options

Replies

• ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

I have been active in the Fit for Future Families group, but I just found out Friday that I'm pregnant! This is my first pregnacy and DH and I are so excited. I'm happy that this group is on here. I'm not telling anyone (besides my best friend and sister) until I go to the doctor on September 14, so I'm glad I'll have an outlet on MFP! My due date is April 4, 2011.

You and I are due on the same day, which means you are 7 weeks. Congratulations.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I go in to see the heart beat on Friday morning. They wanted us to go on Friday 13th, but I told them I would wait, lol. It really had more to do with the insurance change.:smile:

I hope everything will be fine. I am trying not to worry too much. I wish my husband could come, but he started a new job and now is not the time to ask off. So my grandmother is coming and she can be dramatic at times. I pray everything goes well.

I can't believe I am only 7 weeks, it feels like forever, finding out early sure does make it seem like a long time. I am so tired of the nausea, all day nausea, not morning sickness. It is so yuck. I see those of you that are right on the verge of having your babies, that seems like forever from here. Good luck ladies:flowerforyou:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... still nothing from Shoppingqueen... Hope everything is going well!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I heard a rumor....:bigsmile:
  • kcurtis05
    Options

I heard a rumor....:bigsmile:

YAY! I saw it on her status! :bigsmile:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Angela - how are you feeling? And by the way CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATION!!!!!!!! Your pic is wonderful!
  • CHEVYLOVER
    Options
    Hi, Im currently 4 months preggo and hoping to watch what I eat and be healthy, although I am guilty for giving in to some of my temptations. o.k. maybe more than I should have. :0

looking for some preggo support.
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    we bought a travel system and when we did research in consumer report the Chicco Cortina was amongst the highest Rated. That is the one we purchased, but I can't remember what other brands were listed.

Travel systems are generally not recommended because they seem to either have a great stroller with a crappy carseat, or they have a crappy stroller with a good carseat. For the travel systems available, though, the Chicco KeyFit ones are some of the best. The KeyFit 30 is a GREAT carseat that fits most babies well, installs well in most cars, and is easy to use. Good choice!

The other reason travel systems frequently aren't recommended is because they encourage babies to be left in their carseats too much. Babies really should spend minimal time in their carseats outside of the car. :) Visit www.car-seat.org for more information. The ladies and gents there (most of whom are certified child passenger safety technicians) are amaaaaazing. :)
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    Angela - how are you feeling? And by the way CONGRATULATIONS ON GRADUATION!!!!!!!! Your pic is wonderful!

I SECOND THAT!!!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

I SECOND THAT!!!

I third it!!!!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, wish me luck, Aunt flow is late!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Hi all-

I have been active in the Fit for Future Families group, but I just found out Friday that I'm pregnant! This is my first pregnacy and DH and I are so excited. I'm happy that this group is on here. I'm not telling anyone (besides my best friend and sister) until I go to the doctor on September 14, so I'm glad I'll have an outlet on MFP! My due date is April 4, 2011.

congrats and good luck!
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Congratulations LHuffman!
    Hey ladies so I have not been able to log all of my food because my internet has been down. But I had to share that I went today for my Anatomy scan and the baby was unwilling to show me the goods. The little peanut had its legs closed and was facing down most of the time the little stinker.
    Check in weight (Pre-pregnancy) SW 164lbs and Current Weight 170 lbs. I really need to get back to the gym but its a 6 lbs weight gain in 19 weeks. I will be trying to get a 3D scan to determine gender soon.
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, wish me luck, Aunt flow is late!

Fingers crossed for you Nicole!!

It's been so exciting these past few days. I have hardly been able to get anything done at work... I've been too busy reading all kinds of articles (and past pregnancy threads on MFP) to do anything else! I have my big event at work next week, so I really should be preparing for that... Oh well, it's my 6th year doing it, and everything is so easy now, I think it will be fine.

I'm super anxious to go to the doctor. Not till September 14 though... :ohwell:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 162lbs
    Current weight: 191.2
    Pregnancy weight gain: 29.2lbs

GET THIS BABY OUT!
  • FrogFrenzy
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

Just found this topic. My husband and I have been together for 7 years and married 6. We have had unprotected sex for 6 year with no baby to report. I have started to track my cycles the last two months. Any one want to offer me some advice. Tried for so many years not to get pregant and now I am trying to get pregant and can't. Doctor said there is nothing wrong with me, just poor timing. My husband has a son from a previous relationship, but I have no children of my own. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    Angela your uterus is 1000 times the original size. Holy cow! Great pictures! congratulations!

good luck to you nicole

Cali- maybe it's a really shy girl
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Bad news! Aunt Flo decided to visit us afterall!:cry::sad: Good luck to everyone!

Hopefully next month!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    That's sad nicole, but good luck to you trying anyway. There is a secondary topic associated with this topic called Fit for Future Families, if you would be interested to join us there as well. A lot of us go back and forth between the two topics to soak up all the information available.
    Check it out, if you'd like.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107503-fit-for-future-families
  • LHuffman24
    LHuffman24 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That's sad nicole, but good luck to you trying anyway. There is a secondary topic associated with this topic called Fit for Future Families, if you would be interested to join us there as well. A lot of us go back and forth between the two topics to soak up all the information available.
    Check it out, if you'd like.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/107503-fit-for-future-families

LOVE that group of ladies!

To those of you that are pregnant or have been pregnant before, how did you feel in the first few weeks? I have had some mild cramping, but that's about it. I guess I don't really feel like I'm pregnant. I never did get a BFP on a HPT... I had to go in for the blood test to confirm. Maybe I'll go get one at Dollar Tree later and see if I can finally pee a positive! I'm really anxious to go to the doctor, but that is still weeks away.

I haven't been sleeping that well, and I must admit that I've been freaking out a little bit about everything. I'm trying not to, but it's hard not to worry about miscarrying or any other problems that could occur. I'm trying really hard to keep a positive mind though! :smile: Any good advice on how to ease my mind and help me relax and enjoy this special time?