Zombies are everywhere!

Options

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    World World Z, y/n?

yes, definitely. I actually just bought the book on my kindle :)

book is WAY better than the movie...sorry Brad, you suck at a zombie hero....Will does the zombie hero justice in I am Legend...better actor overall though. Enjoy the book!
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think I am the only person in the world who truly does not get the zombie thing. At the risk of seeming as if I take things too seriously, the whole idea is gross beyond words.

I have a delightfully absurd and dark sense of humor but the zombie thing...shakes head...I seriously missed that boat.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I think I am the only person in the world who truly does not get the zombie thing. At the risk of seeming as if I take things too seriously, the whole idea is gross beyond words.

I have a delightfully absurd and dark sense of humor but the zombie thing...shakes head...I seriously missed that boat.

i was reading once that the fear of zombies is actually a fear of humans or a mass of humans. I think there might be some truth to that.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I figure I'm screwed, I have dogs that don't know how to shut up and daughters that will freak out... but I've got a sword... it'll work to bash a few heads. I live in an apartment complex with well over 400 apartments - the ultimate zombie smorgasbord, right? Do zombies ever feel satiated? Could I hope the others in the complex will have their brains/innards eaten first and, before they turn, will the original zombies be too full to chase me as I run for it, dragging my dogs behind me? What? I should leave the dogs? Sigh... I suppose you're right. I just hope zombies don't like dog meat. LOL (Hoping for Walking Dead/Shaun of the Dead shlepping zombies as opposed to 28 Day After sprinters). ;)

same here!! Do I board the small place up so survivors don't come a shooting to steal the 1 box of mac n cheese in my cupboard and/or zombies coming in and taking over, or do i book it immediately? where? No clue, no clue at all :ohwell:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    This would be me

i_am_legend_will_smith_in_bathtub_with_samantha.jpg
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

i was reading once that the fear of zombies is actually a fear of humans or a mass of humans. I think there might be some truth to that.

Well, that explains it then. I get slightly panicky in crowds because I am very introverted and shy.:laugh:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Extra food, water and a boat, you're all set.
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    my couch to 5k trainer is a zombie... Remember in Zombieland... 1st rule of survival is CARDIO!!!
  • Kureiton84
    Kureiton84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think that we -er- the zombies just want to be your friends, and you should not avoid us -er- them at all.
    1240347_10201439492522207_23538061_n.jpg
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Throw my pistols, ammo, some canned food, water proof matches, a whetstone, a knife and as many bottles of water as I could in a back pack. Grab a bat and head out to find a katana (ala Michonne). Then work towards the coast, avoiding groups of survivors if at all possible. Should that prove to be inevitable, keep it small, and limited as much as possible to the most capable, least needy people. Get to the coast, grab a map, grab a boat, find an island.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My first big problem will be wiping the smile off my face. Yeah! Zombies!

Next I will need to find some absurdly hot chick who would never talk to me in real life (most of them) in dire need of rescuing, then perform said rescue, thereby earning her trust as well as igniting the fire in her loins.

Then steal the most bad-*kitten* car I can find, cruise past the mall shaking my head at all the dummies who thought they could defend such a large structure.

I haven't thought much further ahead though...definetly no farmhouse, that's just stupid. I mean, you need walls, right? How did they ever think they would hold out there??? The prison is genius though. Of course, if you're going to go prison, you're probably better off to go to a military base instead. More ammo for the aforementioned double-taps. If there isn't a military base nearby (and I really should look into that first) I'd just take my bad-*kitten* car, hot chick, and 8 kitties to the airport and steal a bad-*kitten* plane and fly wherever there is a base.

Actually the hardest part will be that I'll have to catch my 8 kitty-cats to take them with me, I'm not leaving my kitties. Have you ever tried to catch 8 cats and put all 8 of them in 1 cat carrier? Hmmm. I may have to think this through a little better.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    assuming i still have power, I would having out in my hot tub with my shot gun.

I am in Alaska, how many zombies would i really have up here....seriously. Not to mention this state has more guns per capita then any other.....life would go on like normal lol
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    How do you think the zombie apocalypse will come about? I Am Legend? The Crazies? Out of nowhere? Do you have your own crazy theory?

Global Warming
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Throw my pistols, ammo, some canned food, water proof matches, a whetstone, a knife and as many bottles of water as I could in a back pack. Grab a bat and head out to find a katana (ala Michonne). Then work towards the coast, avoiding groups of survivors if at all possible. Should that prove to be inevitable, keep it small, and limited as much as possible to the most capable, least needy people. Get to the coast, grab a map, grab a boat, find an island.

peteshrug.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I live in CT and off the coast of CT is Plum Island where West Nile and Lymes Disease originated from. (Yes they are man made)....so if an apocalypse happens...it may be from there and I'll be one of the first to turn!! :laugh:

I love Walking Dead and zombies and I've thought of this before. I live on the 2nd floor of a condo building in a secured entrance. With a gated under the building parking area. How safe it is? Who knows. I have two boys though and my first thought is always what would I do to protect them.

No guns. I have some bolt cutters and knives! Shrug!
  • Mother_Superior
    Options

peteshrug.gif

taxi-drive-clap.gif
    :heart:
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I think this topic should have more replies than "these forums have been sickening lately" and quite frankly, I'm sorely disappointed that there aren't.

TO KEEP THIS BALL ROLLING:

You meet a guy (or girl) who you coincidentally fall into deep love with (whether its because of your daily life or death situations, or you're really soul mates bound to be together through destruction is irrelevant). You're going to make love - but evidently everyone looted the condoms. Do you proceed to risking pregnancy, or do you do what you can to prevent this? See: THE WALKING DEAD.

Depends. Did we decide we are going to repopulate the earth? If so, then no protection needed. On the other hand, if we don't want to, or just don't want to yet cause things aren't stable enough and it too hard to run pregnant/with a baby, then the deed'll have to wait. I am sure there is plenty other things that are needing to be done in the mean time. There is no way I will ever fall for a lazy man again.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think women would have it *so* much worse during a zombie apocalypse.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    How do you think the zombie apocalypse will come about? I Am Legend? The Crazies? Out of nowhere? Do you have your own crazy theory?

A virus is pretty plausible, me thinks. We have different strains of viruses, new strains, coming out and going around constantly. One just happens to have a different kind of side effect. "Please beware: the H1N2 virus going around appears to be like nothing we have seen before. If you contract this virus, chances are you will die. You may even continue to walk after you are dead."

For a zombie virus to sucsessully manifest worldwide, the turn would have to be instantaneous in 85% of people, and have a multi day incubation period in the other 15% of people- to allow them to get on planes and such.

I've read that zombies are an inherently flawed species because their largest predator is also their food source and their only means of reproduction.
  • Mother_Superior
    Options

A virus is pretty plausible, me thinks. We have different strains of viruses, new strains, coming out and going around constantly. One just happens to have a different kind of side effect. "Please beware: the H1N2 virus going around appears to be like nothing we have seen before. If you contract this virus, chances are you will die. You may even continue to walk after you are dead."

For a zombie virus to sucsessully manifest worldwide, the turn would have to be instantaneous in 85% of people, and have a multi day incubation period in the other 15% of people- to allow them to get on planes and such.

I've read that zombies are an inherently flawed species because their largest predator is also their food source and their only means of reproduction.

Zombie reproduction....gross.