• lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    oh, and he said it's very hard to lose when working overnights :sad:
    but I can and will still do it
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You can do it lee... It might not be easy but it will happen if you work at it long enough and find out what works for you. I wish I could go for a walk at work... I have to stay at my post and watch the trucks loaded with steel pass by and make sure that no unauthorized people go where they aren't supposed to. I did do some push ups earlier though. I wish I had something to hold my feet down so I could do some sit ups.
  • lee112780
    Options
    thanks! Doc said it may take a yr, and I have to be patient. That's a big issue for me, but I will have to deal. It takes time. UI gained it so quick, sux its gonna take so long to lose it! Yea, most of you on this thread have important jobs...mine is just to make sure commercials run at night lol I walked near another building tonight and theres a gym in there! It would be AWESOME if I could work out there at night, Ill have to ask my boss.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm working too! I could go for a walk during my break, though the weather's been terrible, and I can't bear getting sweaty and having to sit feeling gross for the rest of the night lol. Right now my allergies or somethin is killing me, and my nasal passages are currently stuffed to the max!
  • leanmass24
    Options
    You have an important job too... If you weren't there those people that pay for the infomercial spots wouldn't make any money... Sometime I don't think that my job is that important cause I hardly get to do anything. Nothing ever happens here. Not that I am complaining cause it is a nice change of pace after 911 dispatch and air traffic control. I still need to find my happy medium as far as jobs go... I liked the army the best so far... That is why I wanna lose all this weight and go back in... Just gotta decide what job I wanna be stuck doing when I go back cause I don't want air traffic control anymore.
  • leanmass24
    Options
    Allie- I feel great tonight for some reason.... The weather is kinda nice for once.. It is not stupid hot like it has been all summer.... The weather is so nice if I could I would go for a walk and not even care about being all sweaty the rest of the shift.
  • allie7383
    Options
    That's good lol.. i ate not so great over the weekend, and didn't even bother logging.. Fortunately i've started up again with what I just had on break, and did get a workout in yest. even though I wasn't really feelin it. I have to say that I'm glad I got a bunch of workouts on DVD (Leslie Sansone, Turbo Jam) so now that the weather will be getting colder, I don't have to worry about making it to the gym or parkk for a walk. I think this is the longest I've actually stuck with trying to change my eating ways, minus the few slip-ups! :tongue:
  • leanmass24
    Options
    Actually next time some one comes here to relieve me to go do my patrol down the dock I am gonna walk instead of taking the van. I just have to pray that I don't get hit by one of the 18 wheelers loaded down with steel... I will bring my extremely bright flashlight so they can see me comming from a long ways away. I think the walk is about a tenth of a mile one way.
  • allie7383
    Options
    oh goodness be careful!! u should get one of those bring yellow/orange vests with the reflective tape too!
  • lee112780
    Options
    Be careful out there! I always worry about being chased by an animal or something, thats why I go around 12 am, not super late. Nothing EVER happens here. Im busy about twice a month lol. So I have to be careful here not to eat because Im bored.
  • leanmass24
    Options
    That's good lol.. i ate not so great over the weekend, and didn't even bother logging.. Fortunately i've started up again with what I just had on break, and did get a workout in yest. even though I wasn't really feelin it. I have to say that I'm glad I got a bunch of workouts on DVD (Leslie Sansone, Turbo Jam) so now that the weather will be getting colder, I don't have to worry about making it to the gym or parkk for a walk. I think this is the longest I've actually stuck with trying to change my eating ways, minus the few slip-ups! :tongue:

That is great that you are sticking to it even with a few slip ups here and there. I have noticed since I started if I eat bad I feel like poo. Two nights ago I ate a slice of pizza and my stomach was turning for a few hours. As far as working out when it is cold I have a while for that I usually doesn't get cold till November and it is hot by march down here. I say that there are only two seasons down here "summer and sauna". I pray for cool weather all the time. I always did like the cold weather though. I love seattle. It is pretty temperate there. Summers are mild and the winters aren't that bad. Plus up ther if it is snowing I can go snowboarding or snow shoeing... I even like to hike in the snow some times. I grew up in the wrong place.
  • allie7383
    Options
    I'm dying to learn to snowboard! I actually have a friend who seriously does it, so it may happen this year lol. Yeah when I eat bad, sometimes I feel physically bad, like with an upset stomach, but lately I'm finding moreso that I don't want things the way I used to. My mom and sis came back from vacation today, and wanted Burger King, and just the thought of that made my insides turn.. Granted, BK is my least fave of burger places, and I had just worked out, but even still, I've found that once you get past that initial hump, however long it may be, it's not hard to say no to some things you thought you would never give up.
  • leanmass24
    Options
    The animals are the least of my worries. They don't bother me. It is the sleepy truck drivers that work 12 hr shifts like I do. If they can't see the light torch that I have they are asleep and the vest won't help. The light I have is brighter than a lot of automobile headlights.
  • leanmass24
    Options
    Made it back from my walk without incident... I scared a racoon in the process.
  • lee112780
    Options
    "Morning" everyone!
  • lee112780
    Options
    "Morning" everyone!
  • allie7383
    Options
    haha, good morning!! who else is working?
  • leanmass24
    Options
    I am off tonight... Back to work tomarrow night
  • lee112780
    Options
    Im having a pretty busy night...which is good, makes tiime go fast! Im still having issues eating before bed, I keep waking up and eating cereal!
  • allie7383
    Options
    we're once again having a slow night, though I've spent the majority of my time on here reading posts like crazy. i just sat through my break with my friends who were eating popcorn chicken, fried corn nuggets, noodles, etc.. I purposely ate my yogurt and nectarine slow to combat the want for those things, and have to say i'm rather satisfied.. for now at least :tongue: