Before and after pics in 8 months

Options
jetinder
jetinder Posts: 31 Member
me_140pluskgnovember2012_zps425f722a.jpg

me_at_972kg_zpsfe1e2968.jpg

Hello

I thought I'd share my success story with everyone. I've always been big. But on January 20th 2013, I decided enough was enough and that in order to live long and be there for my kids I would need to lose some weight (my bp has been high even with medication since I was 18). I'd never really taken weight loss seriously before, but this was going to be it!

The before picture is actually from Aug 2012 when I was about 140kg, but was actually at 147kg in January.

I've worked at it steadily, reducing my calorie intake to about 1400 now, with lots of walking each day, lately supplemented with offroad cycling (loving that!). I've tracked everything that I can think of on a spreadsheet each day, including food, exercise, calories, AMR, BMR, BMI, Water %, muscle %, fat % and have steadily noticed the positive results.

It has finally resulted in me losing 50kg in 8 months (and I had a non related keyhole knee operation during this time too). More dramatically, my trouser size has gone from 44 (bulging!) to 38. I haven't been at this weight for over 20 years and it feels amazing. I can't see myself ever going back to where I was before and I feel so happy. Most people cannot believe I have changed so much, my sisters and parents didn't recognise me when they saw me recently.

I've stabilized the weight loss for a couple of weeks and am going to keep losing, hopefully another 20kg by the end of the year, but if I don't, I'll still be happy.

What a year this has been, my wife and kids are very encouraging and positive about what I have done and friends are just amazed.

Thanks for listening.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!