Does anyone else think losing weight is easy?

Options
12346»

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Losing it is easy. Starting to lose it is almost impossible and keeping it off is another story all together. But the part in the middle? The actually losing it part? Easy.
    I don't think the keeping it off part is really that hard... I was afraid of maintenance when I hit my goal weight, but really it's just the same thing, calories in and out. It's not that big a deal.

Yes, this was pretty easy for me -- this time. I forgot about all the complicated stuff I'd tried (successfully) other times and just started counting, and moving. It went faster and easier than I ever thought it would. Time and again, I've set a goal and ended up reaching it "early." That feels good. And makes me want to set and reach more goals, so I do. I'm having too much fun at this to quit and go back to the truly sedentary life I used to live.

That's the key, I think -- this is a different way of living, and it's a fun way. Once you commit to it, you start to like it. IMHO.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    3. The concept of eating back some or all of my exercise calories is like the "holy grail"
    4. I can eat all of the foods above.. .just not at the same time! :smile: (I had great pizza today)
    #3: Agree!!
    #4: I had a pizza for breakfast today. :bigsmile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    Some days are easy some days are HARD, and I am finding maintaince a bit harder.simple yes but I wouldnt say it is always easy
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks!
    3. The concept of eating back some or all of my exercise calories is like the "holy grail"
    4. I can eat all of the foods above.. .just not at the same time! :smile: (I had great pizza today)
    #3: Agree!!
    #4: I had a pizza for breakfast today. :bigsmile:
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Losing to me seems easy, it's maintaining it that is the hard part.
  • DapperKay
    DapperKay Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Simply put it depends on your setting.

If you live in a pressuring environment where eating is natural to them and food plays a big part of the culture and every day life, then you are in for a tough ride.

If however, you live alone, have understanding friends and family where food isn't central to all social events then you are right it is easy.

As others said the gist is, less food = weight loss, but to get to the point where you can build momentum through your caloric deficit while combining that with exercise to up your metabolism isn't something that can be done in days. It takes weeks, but like a moving train that takes forever to get going, once you take off you are off and it all just becomes easy ... until you hit plateaus that is! :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I agree...it's simple, but not easy. The real problem is in maintaining your focus and continuing to stay on track long term. I think most of us can stay focused for a week or two, or even a month or two, especially when you're at the beginning and losing faster, and getting all excited over it....sure, that's easy and fun. But six months later..... That's when the idea of a lifestyle change really hits you. Once you get your head around that, and start thinking in a new way you can do it.