First Thing You Want to Do When You Reach Your Goal Weight

Options
So, ladies and gentlemen, what is one thing you want to do once you reach your goal weight? Buy a new bathing suit? Walk around strutting your skinny jeans? It can be anything!
This is silly, but I've always wanted to be able to order a dress from Modcloth. But not just any dress, the sort that hug your side. My goal once I reach my desired weight is to finally order one of their dresses (hopefully in a small or medium if I'm lucky <3)
It's something simple, but I feel this deep sense of satisfaction and I feel like this is obtainable.

What about you?

Replies

• jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    SKYDIVING!!!!
  • gluteusassimus
    Options
    SKYDIVING!!!!
    You definitely have more balls than I do. I couldn't do that! Haha!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love Modcloth! Their dresses are amazing. Everything I have now is an L; hopefully that shrinks :)
    First thing I want to do is rock a racerback tank top. I hate my arms and my chubby-looking "armpit area" right now- can't wait to feel confident showing off my arms!
  • gluteusassimus
    Options
    I love Modcloth! Their dresses are amazing. Everything I have now is an L; hopefully that shrinks :)
    First thing I want to do is rock a racerback tank top. I hate my arms and my chubby-looking "armpit area" right now- can't wait to feel confident showing off my arms!
    Ugh, I know the feeling! I always feel self conscious showing off my arms as well. Keep working at it, and I can't wait to finally see some success photos with you wearing a racerback tank top! It's just those simple things like being able to buy a shirt one size smaller than before that make it worth while!
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For me, it's cute clothes. I haven't enjoyed buying clothes in so long. I am so close to goal and I can't wait to go shopping for new fall clothes. Good luck you guys! You WILL get there! :heart:
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    SKYDIVING!!!!
    You definitely have more balls than I do. I couldn't do that! Haha!

I'm technically under the limit that you normally see for people doing things like that, which is 250 lbs, but that's naked and I'm not ready to skydive naked until I get much lower than I am now :) Not to mention I'd like my knees to survive and not go crunch once I meet the ground again!

And I've already bungy jumped way back when I was 13 years old and have wanted to sky dive ever since. My boyfriend refuses to join me but he'll be there taking pictures. One day...
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought about that yet...but surely it will not be a food reward...I heard a lot: when I get to my goal...I'll go beyond 2 more pounds and I'll buy a pizza/ sish kebab/ chocolate cake and so on...and eat it all in one go!
    I think being able to look each day at yourself in the mirror and feel pleased with yourself, be happy how your clothes hang on you or even being able to renew your wardrobe with new smaller clothes is such a reward! And most of all, being healthy or healthiER!
  • cactusyogi
    Options
    I have a pair of my skinny jeans from my skinny days laying on top of a box in my room. They're a size 9. I used to be able to wear them but never comfortably. I would love to be able to comfortably wear those and feel good in them :) I think I'll also try to take a little shopping trip for myself :D
  • madaughe
    madaughe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wear my favorite pair of jeans again!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Take nude selfies.

Also buy new clothes because I'm swimming in everything.
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Go to the beach and not hide behind my cover-up! And def rock the razor back tank!
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Count me in on the wardrobe buying train. I think about how fun it will be to pick out dresses without worrying about things having to hide as many "problem" areas! It was funny you brought up Modcloth, because I also also want to buy from there. I'm going to have to keep myself in check to not buy too much at once over my budget once I hit my goal weight!

Along the way, I'm also excited about seeing people that I haven't seen in awhile after losing some more weight. I live many states away from my closest friends and family, so there always are gaps of time in between seeing them. Seeing how I progress from visit to visit will be neat.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I just reached my goal weight a couple of days ago. The first thing I'm doing is trying to remember how to eat my maintenance calories. :sick:
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    I have a thinner bucket list fly without extender...done that. Be self sufficient.etc. Buy pretty clothes, holiday in the heat.. But more than anything I want a boob job/uplift and tummy tuck. Won't consider those until I'm at goal....
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Become that guy that finds any reason to take his shirt off :laugh:
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    * blinks *

I haven't thought that far in advance.... it's more like one pound at a time for me.
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    dan999.gif

After I do the "wooohooo!" dance and jump off the scale I'll probably order something from Fredrick's :) or a dress! Since I've never been able to wear one without snarky comments from my mother.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When I reached my goal weight.....

I started looking for wedding dresses to retake my wedding photos. =)
  • klaff411
    klaff411 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    er...

I don't know. Um. Wear something totally slutty?
  • AnotherOrangeCat
    Options
    Clothes. Definitely clothes. And heels. It's so much harder to walk in heels when you're carrying all this extra weight.