Do you let your partner tell you what to wear?

Options

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I ain't scared to say it, but he probably thought you looked like a Hooker in your outfit & that's why he said not to wear it.

Are hookers wearing formal gowns now?

Look girl, I didn't see you dressed up in the bedroom. Either you man's a controlling **** or you looked like a Hooker...

You should be on Oprah.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    NEVER. I might ask his opinion about something but the final decision is always mine. He likes the clothes I choose to wear so its not really an issue.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    My wife tells me what to wear all the time.
    She does ALL my clothes shopping.
    She buys it; I wear it.
    After doing the laundry, she hangs the shirts/pants in my closet.
    Each morning, I get the next outfit in line.
    As you can see, I'm a huge fashion nut.

Does it ever bother you or are you content with that? No judgement, I'm just interested in the male point of view
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    My husband believes I wear my skirts to short and has no problem telling me. I usually find something shorter to wear. He is NOT trying to use reverse psychology. He really thinks I my skirts are too short.
  • Clameater
    Clameater Posts: 317
    Options
    I ain't scared to say it, but he probably thought you looked like a Hooker in your outfit & that's why he said not to wear it.

When you started this thread did you want an honest answer, or did you just want people to tell you what you wanted to hear?
    Look girl, I didn't see you dressed up in the bedroom. Either you man's a controlling **** or you looked like a Hooker...

You should be on Oprah.

When you started this thread did you want to here THE TRUTH or did you just want to TOLD WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    No. He's never tried to tell me what I can and cannot wear. I might ask for his opinion on occasion and actually consider his thoughts on it, but that's about the extent.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I had an ex tell me "your boobies are just for me to see" once.
    I believe my answer to that was: "lol".
    This was a conversation about topless sunbathing.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,095 Member
    Options
    The thing is, it's not what he said, it's what he meant.

Maybe he was expressing some insecurity about himself in your relationship, a certain amount of anxiety about whether he deserves you or not. Maybe he needs reassurance. Maybe he just wants to hear that, no matter how sexy you look or how many guys try to hit on you, he is your one and only.

Unless he isn't.

In which case, yeah, he SHOULD be concerned about what you're wearing.

I disagree - in that case the whole problem is NOT what she is wearing at all.

Mind you, that does seem an odd first post so perhaps I should be ignoring it.

I am happy for my husband to give opinions and suggestions - and I do the same to him - but outright telling you what you are allowed to wear - No way.
  • Mutant13
    Options

When you started this thread did you want an honest answer, or did you just want people to tell you what you wanted to hear?

You should be on Oprah.

When you started this thread did you want to here THE TRUTH or did you just want to TOLD WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR

Well friend, if you read the thread you will see there all different perspectives on the situation, done that dont necessarily concur with my own. So I have no issue with hearing an opinion that opposes mine.
    However I may have a small issue with lame troll fails polluting what is supposed to be a discussion for intelligent grown ups, so I suggest you take your ball and go home.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options

You should be on Oprah.

Can you speak ENGLISH? Here the truth, or HEAR the truth? to TOLD WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR? lord.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    She buys it; I wear it.

Does it ever bother you or are you content with that? No judgement, I'm just interested in the male point of view
    Doesn't bother me a bit.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    She buys it; I wear it.

Doesn't bother me a bit.

In that case I think that it's very sweet.
  • Clameater
    Options

You should be on Oprah.

Well friend, if you read the thread you will see there all different perspectives on the situation, done that dont necessarily concur with my own. So I have no issue with hearing an opinion that opposes mine.
    However I may have a small issue with lame troll fails polluting what is supposed to be a discussion for intelligent grown ups, so I suggest you take your ball and go home.

This is where I wish I knew how to insert one of those neat videos with somebody really cracking up, LOL
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

You should be on Oprah.

This is where I wish I knew how to insert one of those neat videos with somebody really cracking up, LOL

Hey, shouldn't you be sorting through your poor girlfriend's clothes right now? You know, to throw out all those hooker outfits?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

You should be on Oprah.

Hey, shouldn't you be sorting through your poor girlfriend's clothes right now? You know, to throw out all those hooker outfits?

Hahaha "girlfriend"... That's cute.
  • Mutant13
    Options

You should be on Oprah.

I think a girlfriend is pretty unlikely
  • Clameater
    Options

You should be on Oprah.

LOL... so now you have resorted to attacking me b/c you heard the truth. You're silly ;)
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Options

You should be on Oprah.

My bad. I guess telling random chicks on the internet that they probably dress like hookers is the next best thing.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    LOL... so now you have resorted to attacking me b/c you heard the truth. You're silly ;)
    [/quote]

1. There's a difference between a reasonable assumption and an attack
    2. You have an interesting definition of the truth. Hint- 'truth' isn't 'something that randomly fell from my unimpressive brain to my mouth hole
  • Clameater
    Options

You should be on Oprah.

My bad. I guess telling random chicks on the internet that they probably dress like hookers is the next best thing.

Listen, Woman. If a boyfriend/husband/etc. tells a woman not to wear something, it's probably b/c it makes her look like a slut/hooker/street-walker/etc. If that's not the case, then the man's a controlling ****... That's what I've said the whole post.