NO CANDY-Halloween 2013 pact?!? Anyone?

Options
Im not a big candy/chocolate person anyways.. unless my hormones get a hold of me and i lose it lol... but i get a little looney when there are brownies and cookies or icecream around...

Anyone interested in making a NO CANDY pact for Halloween this year with me? the stuff is EVERYWHERE and I know itll be hard for me... Itll help if i have a few people here take a pledge with me to steer clear of all halloween candy this year!

lets say... October 15th tillllllll November 5th? thatll be three weeks, no CANDY! of any kind!!! (Chewing Gum doesnt count lol)

Replies

• bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I always buy a bag for the neighbor kids, eat half the bag, and have to buy more candy. No candy for me this year :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    no way man
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    No way. I will promise to log every milky way and 3 musketeers I do eat though lol What good is Halloween if you get NO candy for THREE WEEKS? That's craziness!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Nope. If I eat it I log it but I don't buy candy until Oct 31.. and even then I wont eat the left overs.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Halloween candy does not bother me, in fact I always lose weight this time of year because the abundance of sweets just turns me off. But I do eat candy, usually Coffee Nips or a few Werthers Caramels, but I am up for the challenge - October 15th until November 5:wink: NO CANDY, but sweets are okay right?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why not just budget the candy calories into your day? Still in a caloric deficit and get to eat candy, WIN WIN.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'll jump in ....... just in the nick of time, too, cuz I noticed I've been dipping into the chocolate & Nerds & licorice .......

Last year I totally avoided the candy bowl at work, as well as the cookies, chips, etc ......... let's see if I can do it again this year :drinker:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO:angry:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    No chance! I only ever overeat and get sick on candy 5-10 times a year and 4 of those are October 29- November 1st!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd sooner have a No Countdown New Years.

And I'm not buying any for trick or treaters. Any candy I buy is MINE.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I don't go crazy with it, so I allow myself some treats.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    This sounds just plain awful.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I vow not to eat any food with CANDY in the name.

CANDY corn - NO!
    Cotton CANDY - NO!
    Snickers - YES!
    Almond Joy - YES!
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - YES!
    York Peppermint Patties - YES!
    M&M's - YES!
    Hershey Kisses - YES!
    Sour Patch Kids - YES!
    Gummy Worms - YES!
    etc.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    NOPE

october = reeses and candy corn/pumpkin season
    December = mint M and M's and mint latte season

april = peep/jelly bean season

I ONLY eat those candies during their ACTUAL holiday month... none before- and none after. I eat cookies as well as ice cream on and off through the year- but those are "junk" foods I truly enjoy. I won't give them up for anything NOM NOM NOM
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Nope, candy corn mixed with peanuts is one of my favorites!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I live in an apartment building with no trick or treaters. Unfortunately my mother lives on a rural road with no kids either and she always goes overboard with the treats. "If some kid actually makes an effort to come to our place on Halloween, I want to make it worth while for them so maybe they'll come back next year."

I inevitably end up with a giant bag of full size chocolate bars, snack size bags of chips and more sugar than the Wonka factory.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't like candy. So sure. Only I'm not willing to hump over it... FYI.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    That's ridiculous. I'm eating candy in a reasonable way when I want to. When you make it off limits, you set yourself up for failure.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I'd sooner have a No Countdown New Years.

And I'm not buying any for trick or treaters. Any candy I buy is MINE.

success-kid-winning-meme.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Nope, candy corn mixed with peanuts is one of my favorites!

UGH! Candy Corn is an abomination.