1200 Calorie Diet???? Seriously???

Options

Replies

• chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder..... If that profile picture is really you, why are you even here? You obviously don't need help losing weight.

If you bother doing your research, the recommended minimum for women is 1200 calories. Shorter women that weigh less don't need as many calories as you must.
    I am 5'3". 115lb. I maintain at 1450 before exercise.

Because he is here to just sell Beachbody stuff...and give p*ss poor advice.

He really lost me at you don't have to eat a calorie deficit to lose weight. Oh Really??? Please tell me more!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am 4"8 and there is NO WAY I can go over about 1300 a day. I hardly get in 1200. I either don't have the opportunity to eat that much that often, or I just can't. I get full quickly and refuse to keep eating when I am not hungry.

I really dont mean to sound condescending but how does someone who has trouble eating 1300 calories a day end up needing to lose 87 lbs?

Because BEFORE they started needing to lose weight they were eating more. Sorry but one of the great things about eating less is the ability not to over eat anymore. How does ANYONE on here end up needing to lose even 1lb?
  • godiane
    Options
    amen!
  • patbee1
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site but think it is really good. That said, I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and attended an education programme on Monday about it. They recommended between 1500 and 1800 calories for me as anything lower could affect my blood sugar levels too severely. What I wanted to know is, is it possible to change the 1200 allowance given on the diary sheet to reflect that? It would be a great help. Anyone know??? Thanks, in advance.
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    is it just me or did the OP never come back ..

I sense a troll thread has been developed...
    I think page 4 or 5 said something about Beachbody Coach...might explain the thread and lack of another appearance.

ahhh yes the beachbody folks....wonders how those folks can always be so dead wrong but people give them money and/or take their advice...
    Accoding to Nyla, who knows people so well, this doesn't happen.

I don't remember saying that anything "never" happens. But ok :indifferent:
  • dcerovina
    Options
    1200 calories work ok for me.I eat a variety of food and even struggle to reach 1200.I'm usually little bit under.Definitely not starving myself!Doesn't work for everyone I suppose but works well for me.;-)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site but think it is really good. That said, I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and attended an education programme on Monday about it. They recommended between 1500 and 1800 calories for me as anything lower could affect my blood sugar levels too severely. What I wanted to know is, is it possible to change the 1200 allowance given on the diary sheet to reflect that? It would be a great help. Anyone know??? Thanks, in advance.

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_custom

Just do it yourself.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Why does MFP set my calorie intake to 1200 then?

I don't know your stats but it's for one of 2 reasons. Either you are very short, like around 5' or less. Or you set your goal too aggressively. Was your loss goal set at greater than one lb. per week? Usually if you set it at 2 lbs per week you will drop to the lowest calories goal on the site which is 1200 calories.
  • Erica6130
    Erica6130 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump...this thread is pretty interesting....
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    New dude arrives and has all the solutions starting with lemon water and low fat dairy?
    In for the lolz.

Lowfat cheese is the saddest thing in the world.
    Give me real cheese.

Goat-cheese-burger-BR.jpg
    Yeah, I'm sticking with my high fat cheese...I don't buy low fat anything and have been having great results.
  • heyimhayley
    Options
    You're not taking petite girls into consideration...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder..... If that profile picture is really you, why are you even here? You obviously don't need help losing weight.

If you bother doing your research, the recommended minimum for women is 1200 calories. Shorter women that weigh less don't need as many calories as you must.

He really lost me at you don't have to eat a calorie deficit to lose weight. Oh Really??? Please tell me more!

I, for one, am still waiting to hear this secret plan to lose weight in a calorie surplus.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    thanks for your insight, but perhaps your advice would be better received if you didn't seem like such a know it all :)

^^^^^^
    THIS
  • chris42376
    chris42376 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I, for one, am still waiting to hear this secret plan to lose weight in a calorie surplus.

Me too...maybe its the lemon water lol
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Me too...maybe its the lemon water lol

I would love to hear the answer also. It sounds fascinating... I am on the edge of my seat!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Good question.

uote]
    Thank you! I am 4"8 and there is NO WAY I can go over about 1300 a day. I hardly get in 1200. I either don't have the opportunity to eat that much that often, or I just can't. I get full quickly and refuse to keep eating when I am not hungry.

I really dont mean to sound condescending but how does someone who has trouble eating 1300 calories a day end up needing to lose 87 lbs?
    [/quote]
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options

Because BEFORE they started needing to lose weight they were eating more. Sorry but one of the great things about eating less is the ability not to over eat anymore. How does ANYONE on here end up needing to lose even 1lb?

How do you know this is the case for her? She specifically mentioned her HEIGHT as the reason why she can't eat over 1300 kcal. Your argument would probably be true if she were further in her journey but judging by her ticker, she's just beginning. She's lost 6 lbs out of 87. So you're saying within that time frame she's gone from eating over maintenance to all of a sudden "NO WAY" being able to eat more than 1300 kcal? Damn, I wish that would happen to me :/

And hell, at least I asked politely. Did you see all the other sarcastic comments that were directed towards people who made similar statements as the one I quoted?