I get jealous of all the really pretty people here.

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    you're a pretty girl. Keep your head up. No need to be jealous of stangers on the internet. Half of them use stolen photos anyway.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    the prettiest chick i saw on mfp today was with a horse:sick:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you look like you're very pretty! No need to get jealous. It's not like people use bad pics of themselves.

Truth! For every 1 good pic I take, I've got 25 horrible ones that I delete. LOL Everyone puts their best boob forward here.

FALSE! I always enter w/ the uglier of the two.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    nope, never felt jealousy.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It's just some of the girls on here have like super pretty pictures! Like almost professional looking. It's not as much of a self-esteem thing as a "woah" thing.

I'm still using (for linkedin, okcupid, this site even) photos taken by that guy I dated last year that was a professional photographer. A good camera and a good eye makes all the difference!
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I don't feel "jealous", but I do admire the super gorgeous girls. I don't ever wish I looked like them, though. I like being unique. :smile:

However I'm usually more drawn to the girls who are uber fit. They are an inspiration.

Comparing yourself to other women gets you nowhere, OP. You should focus on feeling great about yourself and simply appreciating other's beauty. For every girl who you feel jealous of, I'd be willing to bet there's something about you that she may wish she had (eyes, smile, hair, etc).
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    someone probably said this but those you say are pretty probably dont think they are as pretty as you think they are.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    you look like you're very pretty! No need to get jealous. It's not like people use bad pics of themselves.

Truth! For every 1 good pic I take, I've got 25 horrible ones that I delete. LOL Everyone puts their best boob forward here.

FALSE! I always enter w/ the uglier of the two.
    Coach always said never swing at the first pitch!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    There are a lot more important things in life than being pretty. I know there are a lot of people who are prettier than me. Doesn't effect my sense of self worth at all, nor do I assume they are good people because they are pretty.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Actually... I only ever take one picture. there is one in my photobank - taken last week, one shot uploaded. I never take more than one, most of the ones I think look horrible I get the most compliments on.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Being pretty is merely the result of one's parents' combined genes. I am more likely to value the aspects of myself that I have control over.

But you're pretty!

OP. UH. No. Why does it matter how pretty anyone else is. As an ugly mug, I choose to be content with what I have. It doesn't bother me if others are pretty or not. That will all fade eventually anyway..
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    It is typically best to get past this by mocking those you find pretty while simultaneously working to become like them.
  • thefamousaggiet
    thefamousaggiet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    <deleted>
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP. Can't turn this off.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    No, it's nothing to be jealous of.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    OMG...I just looked at your profile pic and you are super duper pretty :smile:

It is what you have between your ears that matters more in life x
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Jealousy isn't a virtue so it's avoided lol
  • aprilsibley
    aprilsibley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :huh: uuh.... one word... CATFISH!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    jealous? no. Envious? possibly.

jealousy is a very strong negative force which consumes you. Envy and admiration on the hand fuels you. Many great folks in the world went past the people they admired and envied while the people that were jealous just kept on hating and never achieved much.

Or at least, thats my humble philosophy.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    There are some very pretty girls here including you OP.

Now get some confidence and work it.